Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Excellent Innings By Yuvraj,Really Unbelievable Innings against Such a strong bowling,Ajmal Should have Bowled Different Variations,I think he has forgotten how to bowl anyways Good Knock From Hafeez Only irfan was Good else no one bowled well.

A narrow win for India but they scored 192, which is a really good total for T20.

Well played from both teams and at the end there always one team wins credit to yuvraj and hafeez for their batting. Dinda and Gul for their bowling.

well i think theres a bit indescipline bowling by pakistan in the last 5 ovr other wise pakistan is the best in this series and hopefully they will clean sweep the indians in the odi series...

Great batting really surprised that Hafeez can play fast.

Awesome to Yuvi in his old vintage bludgeoning form. After his fairytale comeback, he has taken baby steps but now probably it looks like he has taken those steps towards 95% of his full flow. The Yuvraj that we saw today is the Yuvraj we want to see the most, and also the Yuvraj that opposite teams should fear.

Can't wait until 2015 when Amir comes back to see a pakistan pace attack of ami/rirfan/gul/junaid

----------

Great batting really surprised that Hafeez can play fast.

Ye he has really advanced him game in all formats in recent years.

----------

Awesome to Yuvi in his old vintage bludgeoning form. After his fairytale comeback, he has taken baby steps but now probably it looks like he has taken those steps towards 95% of his full flow. The Yuvraj that we saw today is the Yuvraj we want to see the most, and also the Yuvraj that opposite teams should fear.

Ye he is a killer in t20s & although chris gayle is rightfully universally heralded as the best t20 batsman in the world - yuvraj is not too far behind.

On the india team odi balance & well its interesting to observe that the tactics they use in this formats has not changed at all in the last decade.

Ever since circa 2002 when ganguly was captain & he adopted the tactic of 7 batsmen (yuvja @ # 6 & kaif @ # 7), india's odi teams plans is basically back the top 7 to make big totals & hope the 4 main bowlers & army of part-time spinners bowl well enough to restrict the opposition.

Sometimes it works great i.e 2011 w-cup & 2007 t20 w-cup wins & other times it can leave them struggling.

I don't want to see Jadeja in the team. I think Yuvi+Kohli+Raina+Rohit are good enough to bowl 10 overs in between them. ODI Team should look like this:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj
Rohit
Dhoni
Raina
Ashwin
Ishant
Dinda
Kumar/Ahmed

I haven't extensively watched Mohommad Irfan bowl but from the little bit I saw it seems that he sort of ambles to the crease and doesn't generate too much pace off the wicket. He gets a lot of bounce obviously because of his height but that is about it. Anyone who has seen him more want to provide some insight?

He's already 30 years old too, wonder how long his international career will be. Exciting to see such a big man play though.

I don't want to see Jadeja in the team. I think Yuvi+Kohli+Raina+Rohit are good enough to bowl 10 overs in between them. ODI Team should look like this:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj
Rohit
Dhoni
Raina
Ashwin
Ishant
Dinda
Kumar/Ahmed

Just wondering, for the pace bowling spots wouldn't yadav, aaron & praveen kumar be part of the plans as well?

----------

I haven't extensively watched Mohommad Irfan bowl but from the little bit I saw it seems that he sort of ambles to the crease and doesn't generate too much pace off the wicket. He gets a lot of bounce obviously because of his height but that is about it. Anyone who has seen him more want to provide some insight?

He's already 30 years old too, wonder how long his international career will be. Exciting to see such a big man play though.

Yea he ambles to crease with a very lazy approach, but he gets real pace. Had yuvraj jumping a few times early on the flat deck with balls around 90-91 mph.

Just wondering, for the pace bowling spots wouldn't yadav, aaron & praveen kumar be part of the plans as well?

I posted that team according to the squad that selectors have chosen for the ODI series against Pakistan. If everybody is fit, then this would be my team:

Sehwag
Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Ifran/Rohit
Ashwin
Praveen Kumar
Varun Aaaron
Umesh Yadav

Backup:

Openers: Gambhir, Dhawan
Middle order: Manoj Tiwary, Ambati Raydu
All rounder: Yusuf Pathan, Jadeja(Even though I don't want to see him, we don't have any other option)
Spinners: Ojha, Chawla, Harbhajan?
Fast bowlers: Ashoke Dinda, Ishant Sharma, RP Singh

When we are touring England, Australia, NZ, I would go with Irfan at No.7 but if we are in sub-continent with spinner friendly wickets, I would go with Rohit Sharma or even Yusuf Pathan which can provide depth in batting plus we have Yuvi, Raina, Kohli and Rohit/Yusuf to complete the remaining 10 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread