Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Now that's funny, we are considered as the worst bowling lineup among Test playing nations, yet we always play 4 bowlers like those 4 world class bowlers are enough to take all the wickets :facepalm

Now that's funny, we are considered as the worst bowling lineup among Test playing nations, yet we always play 4 bowlers like those 4 world class bowlers are enough to take all the wickets :facepalm

Nothing is funny about it. There has been always a debate about that in Indian cricket and different people have different opinion about it. I don't think Dhoni will ever go with 5 bowlers unless he has absolutely no option left. Dhoni always wants a fast bowling all-rounder in his side( Albie Morkel and Dwayne Bravo in CSK). When it comes to India, he has only Irfan Pathan in that fast bowling all-rounder list and I don't think Irfan's batting is still good enough to bat at no 7. However, I would say that our bowling attack is capable to take 10 wickets in sub-continet which includes 3 fast bowlers+1 spinner+part timers. When we tour Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, our spinners won't be much effective and that is the time when we will need an extra bowler. At that time, Irfan perfectly fits into that category because he can bowl plus he can bat a bit at no 7.

Pakistan should have Brought Abdul razzaq,He has been always useful as a batsman in the end overs and Also as a wicket taking Bowler.

I haven't extensively watched Mohommad Irfan bowl but from the little bit I saw it seems that he sort of ambles to the crease and doesn't generate too much pace off the wicket. He gets a lot of bounce obviously because of his height but that is about it. Anyone who has seen him more want to provide some insight?

He's already 30 years old too, wonder how long his international career will be. Exciting to see such a big man play though.

Mate he is hitting 90 mph on a regular basis. However only for the first spell. When he bowled his 3rd and 4th over he was bowling at only a mere 85 mph

----------

Pakistan should have Brought Abdul razzaq,He has been always useful as a batsman in the end overs and Also as a wicket taking Bowler.

No pace, bowling at 78mph on Indian decks is a gift to the batsmen. He is old now and with no match practise he is useless.

Worse decision is to keep Imran Farhat in the squad. WHY???? He never performs at all.

Mate he is hitting 90 mph on a regular basis. However only for the first spell. When he bowled his 3rd and 4th over he was bowling at only a mere 85 mph

So that 90 or 85 becomes 50 or 55 once it hits that Pakistani or Indian deck. Fast Bowlers graveyard IMO

So that 90 or 85 becomes 50 or 55 once it hits that Pakistani or Indian deck. Fast Bowlers graveyard IMO

The Indian decks I agree not the Pakistanis, furthermore many Pak pacers have bowled express speed around the world, Akthars/Akrams.

the difficulty of bowling pace in india is over-stated. mcgrath, ntini, hoggard, anderson, sharma, jason gillespie, steyn, vaas, flintoff (erm, any other big name 00s fast bowlers?) all average better in india than their career averages and at a pretty decent strike rate.

there's a few that didn't, lee was a disaster (though people seem to forget lee was pretty under whelming for most of the middle years of his career now) akhtar and pollock weren't great, though hardly that bad, and recently morkel struggled. morkel's hardly the best bowler in the world though, is he?

but for the most part good bowlers that got a few tests their figured it out, this was also bowling to a line up of tendulkar, laxman, ganguly, dravid and sehwag so hardly light weights.

there are dull wickets and perhaps they are so dull they seem more pronounced, but bowling in india is largely about making sure you have spinners that can carry you through the heat and allow your quicks to rest, you're also going to get far more joy with spinners in the second innings so it makes sense to have two. the fact you need two spinners isn't because it's too difficult to take a wicket with quicks, it's because it's too difficult to bowl them for 50 overs over 5 days in the blaring heat.

Last edited:
Best opening spells I've seen in some time now in ODIs. Brilliant bowling by the Pak opening bowlers. Shows how ridiculous our batsmen are against the ball which does enough.

Wow, one of the greatest India recovery you'll ever see in ODI. Take a bow, Dhoni! What an innings in tough conditions.

I won't say I was surprised by Dhoni coming to rescue again, he has done it so many times. Still he always gets criticized for his batting. Always been a great leader in ODI. Just needs to improve his batting in Tests. Probably one of the few batsman who average more in ODI's than in Tests.

Dhoni is the most valuable asset we have in the ODIs.I was getting dehydrated by just looking at the players:D Dhoni kept pushing for two even when he was clearly spent.Take a bow indeed!

Ajinkya Rahane to be left out was the last thing I expected. :facepalm

When you have Rohit Sharma and Ravinder Jadeja in the squad, expect Rahane to simply warm the bench.

Dhoni is the most valuable asset we have in the ODIs.I was getting dehydrated by just looking at the players:D Dhoni kept pushing for two even when he was clearly spent.Take a bow indeed!

Valuable indeed ! A great knock. But one would expect him to replicate the same in Tests as well. He has to be more consistent.

----------

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar strikes first ball. This surely must be a record. Wicket on first ball debut.:yes

Is this the same ol' MS Dhoni? I mean he has batted beautifully and is gathering the ball with great ease behind the wicket while standing up to a bowler bowling at around 135-136 kmph. I hope he doesn't mess up in the captaincy now. This is the Dhoni I have always wished to see.

Game on!

What is wrong with Rameez Raja ? Why is he acting as a complete buffoon ? The commentary is quite irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread