Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Well done Lads hope win continue this in the next game.

Well played MSD, Jamshed, Junaid.

Next game is the game to watch

MSD's innings was a brilliant one. He comes into his own in the shorter formats, literally. In tests, he looks as if he is completely lost. And that translates into his captaincy. Maybe MSD should see the writing on the wall, and quit test cricket and just focus on the shorter formats. He is made for the shorter formats. And if he can quit before the axe falls on him, he can go with a preferably better image.

And MSD should captain India in ODI's and T20's. No better guy than him for now. Kohli should eventually take up ODI captaincy too, but for now MSD is the guy!

Great bowling by Junaid today,set the tone for us very well.I don't rate him much but today he did enough to deceive Indian batsmen.Four bowled in the innings show lack of feet movement by batsmen.Dhoni played a gem of an innings to give a fighting total but i think it's always gonna be difficult task for this indian bowling attack.In Pak's batting the best thing best Younis's approach.Jamshed although i felt was lucky at times but played a very good knock.He needs to improve his fitness.Once he gets to 60+,he starts playing lazy shots because of tiredness.

I am tired of Dhoni's excuse that they were one bowler short.He has been saying this from last 18 months i guess.

I wish India wins the next match so the final will not be a dead rubber :thumbs

Last edited:
To blame anyone for India's defeat would be Dhoni in my opinion. If you go in with 4 bowlers to defend 227. He always favours batsmen over bowlers.

Ishant Sharma bowled crap on a seamers wicket. B.Kumar was good.

To blame anyone for India's defeat would be Dhoni in my opinion. If you go in with 4 bowlers to defend 227. He always favours batsmen over bowlers.

Well he didn't know his top order will fail this miserably, did he? And If we had 5 bowlers today, we might not even have reached 227.

From an indian view, the only thing i'd querry is why are they still persisting with both Sehwag/Gambhir as the main opening pair in limited overs.

I can understand the potential nervousness to change the pair for test cricket (although i think both should be axed) since their may be concerned about the depth. But those two have been exposed technically so often in the last two years vs good new-ball bowlers - it has become boring viewing.

Surely that guy rahane should be given a longer run.

On Pakistan, Junaid & Jamsheed are two special bowling & batting talents. If only Asif & Aamir didn't get themselves caught up - pakistan pace attack would be ever more lethal than south african trio of steyn/philander/morkel. Sad for world cricket.

----------

MSD's innings was a brilliant one. He comes into his own in the shorter formats, literally. In tests, he looks as if he is completely lost. And that translates into his captaincy. Maybe MSD should see the writing on the wall, and quit test cricket and just focus on the shorter formats. He is made for the shorter formats. And if he can quit before the axe falls on him, he can go with a preferably better image.

And MSD should captain India in ODI's and T20's. No better guy than him for now. Kohli should eventually take up ODI captaincy too, but for now MSD is the guy!

Ye ever since his world cup final innings, Dhoni has pretty much solidified his case to be greatest ever limited overs keeper-batsman ahead of Gilchrist.

Well he didn't know his top order will fail this miserably, did he? And If we had 5 bowlers today, we might not even have reached 227.

Yes but they would atleast made a game of it. When b.Kumar got Hafeez out, I though he was going to shine again. Apart from him none of the Indian pacers got any movement at all.

Why is there no Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav or even Mithun.

Great to see Junaid and Jamshed do so well...a couple of special talents there...years of improvement ahead of them to look forward to too.
Nice to see Malik finding some form, Pakistan need depth in batting and with Younis and Misbah reaching retiring age in the next few years they will need a few old hard-heads to replace them.
Only thing worrying me about Pakistan at the moment is that the pace bowling stocks look a bit thin...Umar Gul is not consistent enough to be a genuine spearhead but we do not have enough options to replace him when out of form. Aamir and Asif were big losses, but what can you do, that is history now, and Junaid seems to be filling the void nicely. Would rather have a fresh new bowling attack that struggles occasionally than a tainted Asif and Aamir anyway.

Let's hope all this horrid run of India is the indication that they are nearing the end of the tunnel. With Fletcher's contract ending soon and with many players almost near the axe now, hope the Indian team is revamped soon. Right now, there is absolutely no interest in watching Indian cricket for many of its fans.

Junaid bowled the spell of the year for me. His pace and ability to swing the ball both ways reminded me of Waseem and Aamir. He is one helluva of a find and should be nurtured properly. He already seems to have a learnt few new tricks like inswinger and a healthy boost in pace. I hope he fills in the shoes of Aamir so we don't have to see him back play for us.
Umer Gul disappointed once again. He was bowling at 130 KPH mostly and failed to make any impression at all. If the opening spell was backed up by him, india would have not crossed 150. I would not mind giving Anwar Ali or Riaz a chance.

Perhaps Umar gul is out of form maybe Aizaz Cheema should have been Also included in the squad.

Junaid Khan is a great Prospect seems to me... Reminds me Muhammad Aamir... The best thing about him is his run-up and attitude which shows that the boy is very eager to stay focused and get wickets. Sehwag and Kholi literally had no clue what is happening. For me, Junaid was the Man of the Match as He destroyed the Cream of Indian Batting. Had it been Tendulkar there, His Wickets would be destroyed too, The way Junaid was Capitalising on the Conditions. I was always of the view that he should be given chance consistently and should not get dropped. I hope He will get his fair chances this time.

As far as Nasir Jamshed is Concerned, He has got some massive talent but honestly He needs to reduce his weight and get some fitness. Also I feel that He takes too much pressure at times at the start of his Innings.

India has to find out some pace bowlers. At the Moment, Their safe strategy is to prepare Flat Tracks, Won the Toss, Bat First and Score 350 Runs and win the Match by 10 to 20 Runs. This strategy wont last for long I suppose.

I agree, Nasir Jamshed needs to increase his fitness. He was unable to run 2's with Younis.

Yes but they would atleast made a game of it. When b.Kumar got Hafeez out, I though he was going to shine again. Apart from him none of the Indian pacers got any movement at all.

Why is there no Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav or even Mithun.

2 injured, 1 ---- and I'm sure you already know who the ----ty won is...

It is only a matter of time, before people get used to him. (B.kumar) and he will be useless on flat decks and he only bowls at 130 kph. So I would expect him to last.

Users who are viewing this thread