Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

It is only a matter of time, before people get used to him. (B.kumar) and he will be useless on flat decks and he only bowls at 130 kph. So I would expect him to last.
B. Kumar is a swing bowler so I agree the best of him will come on the fast, lush green pitches. That said, he isn't as slow as Praveen Kumar and has variety in his bowling as well so I don't think he will struggle as much as Praveen Kumar did on flat wickets. Umesh Yadav is all about pace and accuracy so he is a different kind of bowler altogether. He is one bowler who did bent his back against England before getting injured at that was pretty spin friendly track at Ahmedabad with no help to pacers whatsoever. I think these two lads, Yadav in particular, will go a long way in being a pivotal part of India's pace attack.

Why isn't Unmukt Chand getting a chance?

I'm sure he will be tried out in a year or two's time. As of now, India has better batters than Unmukt waiting in the queue like Rahane and Manoj Tiwary. I really hope they drop Sehwag and give a nod to Rahane. He is such a gun batter in the domestics. He should be given ample opportunities on the trot to prove his capability at the highest level in all 3 forms of the game.

B. Kumar is a swing bowler so I agree the best of him will come on the fast, lush green pitches. That said, he isn't as slow as Praveen Kumar and has variety in his bowling as well so I don't think he will struggle as much as Praveen Kumar did on flat wickets. Umesh Yadav is all about pace and accuracy so he is a different kind of bowler altogether. He is one bowler who did bent his back against England before getting injured at that was pretty spin friendly track at Ahmedabad with no help to pacers whatsoever. I think these two lads, Yadav in particular, will go a long way in being a pivotal part of India's pace attack.

What's the fastest you've seen him bowl? (haven't been watching the games... :()

I'm sure he will be tried out in a year or two's time. As of now, India has better batters than Unmukt waiting in the queue like Rahane and Manoj Tiwary. I really hope they drop Sehwag and give a nod to Rahane. He is such a gun batter in the domestics. He should be given ample opportunities on the trot to prove his capability at the highest level in all 3 forms of the game.

Drop and Sehwag in the same sentence, you better not let Yudi see this, you. :p

Drop and Sehwag in the same sentence, you better not let Yudi see this, you. :p

What have I done! I'm going to run away now. This can be worse than the doom's day.

----------

What's the fastest you've seen him bowl? (haven't been watching the games... :()

B. Kumar 137+ consistently. Yadav 140+ consistently. Over 145 at times. He has hit 150+ too. Have a look at this:

According one of the comments there, "His fastest was 152.5 k and thats is the same delivery which is shown in this video. Actually this very? same delivery was cracked at 152.5 k on ESPN-Star speedometers...."

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually impressed with what I have seen so far of Bhuvanesh Kumar. He looks to have more pace than Praveen Kumar, and the swing that he achieved to bamboozle Hafeez first ball in that last ODI was truly MAGICAL!!! If what Fenil says is right (about him bowling 137+ consistently) and if he can keep up that pace and not start slowing down as other Indian pacers, he can be good for India!

I am actually impressed with what I have seen so far of Bhuvanesh Kumar. He looks to have more pace than Praveen Kumar, and the swing that he achieved to bamboozle Hafeez first ball in that last ODI was truly MAGICAL!!! If what Fenil says is right (about him bowling 137+ consistently) and if he can keep up that pace and not start slowing down as other Indian pacers, he can be good for India!

He does not bowl at 137+ consistently. His average speed is pretty much same as Praveen which is in between 125-130 km/h. However, he can bowl to about 137 km/h sometimes but not consistently. Praveen can not go above 132-135 km/h.

I would not mind giving Anwar Ali or Riaz a chance.

Would love to see Anwar Ali play. Remember him looking real impressive in the 2006 under-19 world cup, so will be interesting to see how he now has developed.

His average speed is pretty much same as Praveen which is in between 125-130 km/h.

Not really. I'm sure he bowls at least 5 kmph faster than Praveen on an average. He touches 130s occasionally only when probably he is trying to get more swing. I haven't seen him going below 130 mark. That said, I haven't watched too much of his bowling.

The fact of the matter is that this lad Kumar does not have physical attributes necessary for bowling quick. He is thin as a wire. If he can keep swinging the ball at 135 KPH, he could be a handful in helping conditions. But in all seriousness it is too early to assess his credentials. Pakistan are a very weak batting side and can make the most average bowler seem like Malcolm Marshall.

The fact of the matter is that this lad Kumar does not have physical attributes necessary for bowling quick. He is thin as a wire. If he can keep swinging the ball at 135 KPH, he could be a handful in helping conditions. But in all seriousness it is too early to assess his credentials. Pakistan are a very weak batting side and can make the most average bowler seem like Malcolm Marshall.

Right, on the other hand, Indian fast bowlers have the history of starting it on a high note but slowly fade away as they are pressurized more on accuracy and for that they diminish their pace and in the end, they find themselves nowhere as good as they once where. One more thing is with the Indian team and the Indian fans is no sooner a bowler shows some batting capability, he is tried hard to be labeled as an allrounder without thinking that improving the second facet of his cricketing expertise can adversely affect the main technique/expertise/role of a player. Irfan Pathan is one good example of it. Thankfully, there has be no such things tried or pushed on by the people and the team against the likes of R. Ashwin despite having a decent domestic batting average and a Test century under his belt.

In other news, B. Kumar can bat too. :D

I seriously just loled at the excitement the Indians are showing at someone bowling above 130kph, really you guys consider that fast? LMFAO!!!!!!

I really hate the media. They are now targetting B Kumar as the next great all-rounder. Remember they did the same to Pathan and Praveen. From what I have seen of B Kumar, he seems to be a good bargain,but he needs to be handled wisely.

We have ,in the past lost a lot of promising bowlers to the 'speed fever'. Hope this does not happen to Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.

Users who are viewing this thread