Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Time to remove Sehwag and Gambhir and bring in Rahane and Pujara.

I think its safe to say we have won the match and the series. Its almost sad to see India giving up so timidly. Well done Pakistan. I hope we up the ante for the dead rubber.

Last edited:
Screw you Duncan and MSD :mad

A complete system overhaul is neccessary. If India have been playing only Jadeja all through the year, why do they even bother announcing a squad with the likes of Rahane and Tiwary in it ?

Sehwag needs to go. I'd give Gambhir another chance to improve. Additionally, I need to understand the worth of a certain Ravinder Jadeja in the team. Has he been earmarked as a potential India captian that despite his numerous failures, he is still given a go. Ditto with Rohit Sharma. MSD needs to answer these questions as to why he prefers these two batsmen over anyone else ?

This series was not Pakistan v India, but Dhoni v Pakistan.

Hehe, true man MSD has done excellent both with the gloves and moreso with the bat underlies the fact that he is, at present, the best keeper-batsman in the game!

Why are indians looking to bat out the fifty overs without any effort of scoring. Is Dhoni trying to keep his average handsome?:facepalm

Time to remove Sehwag and Gambhir and bring in Rahane and Pujara.

The opening pair needs a shuffle, not necessary removal but I think Sehwag should bat lower down the other and Gambhir is just going through a bad patch!

I dont understand the logic in protecting Ishant Sharma now. MSD probably wants to show the world that he can bat in a Test match like situation and last the entire 50 overs.

Screw you Duncan and MSD :mad

A complete system overhaul is neccessary. If India have been playing only Jadeja all through the year, why do they even bother announcing a squad with the likes of Rahane and Tiwary in it ?

Sehwag needs to go. I'd give Gambhir another chance to improve. Additionally, I need to understand the worth of a certain Ravinder Jadeja in the team. Has he been earmarked as a potential India captian that despite his numerous failures, he is still given a go. Ditto with Rohit Sharma. MSD needs to answer these questions as to why he prefers these two batsmen over anyone else ?

Are you drunk? What does Dhoni do when your whole tweaking batting lineup does not do ----. I have said this many times that Dhoni always wants an all- rounder in the team and we do not have any one right now because Irfan is injured, he has to go back to Jadeja again and again. He wants the all rounder because our legendary bowling line up is not good enough to take all the wickets. I think I said before that with an all-rounder we will be able to take all the wickets but I was wrong. Sehwag and Gambhir needs to go. Gambhir looked completely clueless throughout the series. I do not want to see Jadeja in the team but there is no option as the selectors and MSD are not looking beyond him. Rohit is so talented but it is so frustrating to see him scoring in single digit every time. There is very little MSD can do with that except dropping Jadeja forever and drop Rohit as well. It was just so disappointing to see the way MSD walked off today after Ishant Sharma got bowled. That guy's average was 65 last year, now do you want him to take a 5-fer?

I agree on Duncan Fletcher part. Gangully HAVE TO COME IN AS A COACH. Duncan probably is a very good coach but I don't think his thinking is matching up with Indian cricket.

----------

Why are indians looking to bat out the fifty overs without any effort of scoring. Is Dhoni trying to keep his average handsome?:facepalm

He should have declared the innings.

I have said this many times that Dhoni always wants an all- rounder in the team and we do not have any one right now because Irfan is injured, he has to go back to Jadeja again and again. He wants the all rounder because our legendary bowling line up is not good enough to take all the wickets. I think I said before that with an all-rounder we will be able to take all the wickets but I was wrong. Sehwag and Gambhir needs to go. Gambhir looked completely clueless throughout the series. I do not want to see Jadeja in the team but there is no option as the selectors and MSD are not looking beyond him. Rohit is so talented but it is so frustrating to see him scoring in single digit every time. There is very little MSD can do with that except dropping Jadeja forever and drop Rohit as well. It was just so disappointing to see the way MSD walked off today after Ishant Sharma got bowled. That guy's average was 65 last year, now do you want him to take a 5-fer?

I agree on Duncan Fletcher part. Gangully HAVE TO COME IN AS A COACH. Duncan probably is a very good coach but I don't think his thinking is matching up with Indian cricket.

1. He needs an AR in the side. Better use an AR as an AR. Jadeja comes in after R Ashwin. This is the same person who scored 2 triple centuries against impotent attacks. Time and again we have been relying on Jadeja. Why not try out some other people ? Whats wrong with Yusuf Pathan .IMO, a better option than Jadeja.

2. Yes, he [Rohit] is just a domestic warhorse. A player having played close to 90 ODIs needs to be good, else he has to go forever.

3. Walking off. MSD is averaging 65 cause he ends up taking the game to the last over,every freaking time. Just so you know, despite Gambhir's poor form he is averaging around 40 this year along with Virat.

4. Does Ganguly want to coach ? If yes, the BCCI should immediately sack Fletcher-if they have the balls, midway through this series.

2-0 to Pakistan

Tell you what guys a 3-0 drubbing is on the horizon, would be a historical one, the failures in the test team now seem to be present in the ODI team of India as well.

I thought the slide of the great WI team in the 90's was bad but the Indians are worse, theyre still the reigning world champions in the ODI format and are playing this kind of crap, really brings into question how they won the world cup, there have been rumours of match fixing, maybe this should be investigated.

On to the 3rd game, hopefully the Indian batsman find some form and give the Paks a challenge.

1. He needs an AR in the side. Better use an AR as an AR. Jadeja comes in after R Ashwin. This is the same person who scored 2 triple centuries against impotent attacks. Time and again we have been relying on Jadeja. Why not try out some other people ? Whats wrong with Yusuf Pathan .IMO, a better option than Jadeja.

2. Yes, he [Rohit] is just a domestic warhorse. A player having played close to 90 ODIs needs to be good, else he has to go forever.

3. Walking off. MSD is averaging 65 cause he ends up taking the game to the last over,every freaking time. Just so you know, despite Gambhir's poor form he is averaging around 40 this year along with Virat.

4. Does Ganguly want to coach ? If yes, the BCCI should immediately sack Fletcher-if they have the balls, midway through this series.

1. If you read my post again, you will realize that i have mentioned that it's time to look beyond Jadeja. He has not done anything. And if you also flip back couple of page, I have posted a team in which I have included Yusuf pathan as an all-rounder. However, he is also highly inconsistent. He can win the game on his own but that happens in 1 out of 25 games. So we need an all-rounder who is consistent and I don't think we have currently.

2. I like Rohit's batting style but as you said that he has been very inconsistent throughout his ODI career so far so I guess he needs to be dropped and Tiwary or Rahane or Pujara should get chance

3. As you mentioned that he takes the game to the last over but you forgot to complete the sentence that he also helps us win those games. He barely gets his batting tactics wrong while chasing. I know he totally messed up against NZ in T20 but that was the only match in which i have seen his tactics not working otherwise he is the best WK/Batsman currently in ODI cricket. Gambhir's average reflects his scratchy 40's that he has made against Sri Lanka and Australia. I will give you the most recent example of one of those scratchy inning. He made 43 from 41 balls against Pakistan in first T20 and forced Rahane to throw away his wicket. If he averages 40 like that, I would rather have Rahane in place of him

4. Gangully has said before that he wants to coach team India and that is why I mentioned that in my previous post.

Why are people criticizing Jadeja? The only reason the margin of victory was only 85 was because of Jadeja. Pakistan were cruising to 320+. Sehwag and Gambhir need to be dropped. Yuvraj needs to justify his position as a batsman alone because it's clear Dhoni no longer trusts him as a bowler. I thought Bhuvneshwar and Dinda bowled well without much luck. I wouldn't put too much blame on the bowlers in this series. It has the been the batsmen, and the batsmen alone, who have put us to shame.

Time for Pujara and Rahane to be given an extended run, and for Dhoni to promote himself to 4/5.

I'd love it if Nasir Jamshed scores another ton in the last game. We don't usually see a player scoring tons in all games of a 3-game ODI series, do we?

Users who are viewing this thread