Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Well played Nasir Jamshed,Junaid,gul,hafeez,Ajmal and Dhoni,Great match .Well played Pakistan.

In a way, this series shows what happens when Kohli doesn't score. This is how reliant India is on Kohli.

I have no idea what Dhoni was thinking while batting. The way he batted made it clear that he was certainly batting just to remain not out till the end, score a fifty and be safe from the media and critics' criticism.

There was a time when he was batting with Raina and the required run rate was around 8. He still batted slowly as if batting out the whole 50 overs would end the match in a draw. He could have shown some aggression, but showed no signs of it. Was batting at a strike rate of 50-60 when the required run rate was so high.

What next? As the wickets fall and the required run rate goes around 9, he refuses to take singles. He tries to play 4-5 deliveries of an over on his own and then takes a single off the last delivery. What bullshit was that. Pure selfishness just to boost the average.
He didn't even try to score, was content with the required run rate rising and going above 13.

When he reached 40 and just 12 deliveries were left in the inning, he opted for a change of bat to slog. Immediately after switching the willow he smashed two boundaries. NOW WHAT THE kerpluck WAS THIS! If he had a bat with which he could slog comfortably, why didn't he opt for it when he was batting with Suresh Raina and the required run rate was between 7 and 8.

Pure stupidity by Mahendra Singh Dhoni. I loved his knock in the previous game, it was stupendous. But today's inning makes me hate him a lot more than ever.
Total selfishness.

In my opinion, Sehwag has been given enough chances. He should now be dropped and replaced by Rahane. Jajeda is a waste. Either get a pure all-rounder e.g. Irfan Pathan or get a bowler e.g Varun Aaron or Umesh Yadav.

Aa Raha Hai Pakistan ... Aane Do! Cup Leke Jaa Raha Hai Pakistan ... Jaane Do :D

In my opinion, Sehwag has been given enough chances. He should now be dropped and replaced by Rahane. Jajeda is a waste. Either get a pure all-rounder e.g. Irfan Pathan or get a bowler e.g Varun Aaron or Umesh Yadav.

All the guys you mention except for Rahane are INJURED... follow along will ya'. :rolleyes

Aa Raha Hai Pakistan ... Aane Do! Cup Leke Jaa Raha Hai Pakistan ... Jaane Do :D

Translation?

Last edited:
Actually these Star Cricket ads are adding to humilation of indian team.They said Angrezo ki pungi and Eng won the test series.Now Aanay do Pakistan ko(Indian players say in ads let Pakistan come) :P

About the match,well we bowled superbly today.The way we dried up the runs after picking up wkts,was great.Hafeez was exceptional in that period.Good to see Gul getting momentum.He is also feeling less pressure now as we are not. completely dependant on him in pace.I think selectors missed the trick by not selecting Junaid in t20s.He is bowling really well atm.Good to see a healthy pace attack before we move to SA.
Want to see Haris Sohail and Anwer Ali in the team for the next match.

Bad planning by Indian batting especially in the middle overs.The target was not a stiff on this track at all.They were going good and they fell apart.Again i dont know why so many indian experts blame their bowling? Bowlers have done a fairly good job considering their limitations.It's their batting which didnt stand up.India must figure out something now.This is,now happening quite often.

Last edited:
Good to see J.Khan there. He's been our best bowler on flat decks in recent times.

legend. :p

524747_575048569176167_2048358381_n.jpg

Yes I agree this time with the Pakistani fellows here. We must praise the Pakistan bowlers and fielders, they did an awesome job together as a team. :thumbs

Too much defense always leads to turmoil. One needs to always attack the opposition. MSD had to atatck soemwhere around 30th to 35th overs so they could put some kind of pressure on PAK bowlers.

But reality is MSD didn't get support from others, despite a quite fair start. Jadeja is pure waste. What has happened to Yuvraj suddenly :mad

Its high time both Gambhir-Sehvag to be dropped :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Its high time both Gambhir-Sehvag to be dropped
The two have been giving good starts. Even in the test matches against England, there were many good starts, including a century and an 80 odd partnership.

Even in yesterday's game, they put on around 45 runs and then the middle order collapsed going from around 45 for no loss to around 95 for 5. Still blame the openers?

Agreed that they have been in poor form for long, but why always blame them?

The two have been giving good starts. Even in the test matches against England, there were many good starts, including a century and an 80 odd partnership.

Even in yesterday's game, they put on around 45 runs and then the middle order collapsed going from around 45 for no loss to around 95 for 5. Still blame the openers?

Agreed that they have been in poor form for long, but why always blame them?

Too much backing up from very long time despite so many faliures, we could see 0 % confidence in both of them, so better give chance to Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan and Umukt Chand. :thumbs

Dhoni made a fifty, played till the end, remained not out. BIG Deal! What do you expect from him? Try to hit sixes and get out? The WHOLE team, got out cheaply, played ridiculously. No one gave any support to Dhoni from the other end and now even if he wants to play till all the 50 overs are completed, you want to blame him for that too! Seriously, give the guy a break. He wins tournaments for the country, trophies for the country, plays non-stop cricket and yet when the bad time comes for the team, he is told to be "lucky" who has always had a great team to lead.

Having said that, Dhoni hasn't been at his best recently, totally agreed upon that but do you seriously expect the captain to do everything? He's asked questions in the post match presentation and what he does is; tell facts. "We went out there and lost too many wickets". What the hell is that for an explanation?

Moving on, even when Ganguly was captain, India's bowling was far superior than it is today. Being more straightforward, India's bowling was never worse than what it is now. But of course we need to blame at least someone for the loss and who better than the captain himself. So yes, Dhoni is the culprit for making a brilliant century, making a fifity in a situation where the team was already out of the match but yet that's not enough, we wanted him to win the match for us, if he couldn't do that then let's just blame him.

Coming to Sehwag and Gambhir. Umm... so they are providing partnerships up the order, right? That's enough? 2 players put up a fifty partnership together, then get out but they must not be held responsible because they made 50 as OPENERS. Rightly said, makes perfect sense. :rolleyes Even if they put up a century stand, when they get out the score probably will be 115-2, now as a fan of this sport tell me, is this a good score?

At least one among the two has to play along after the other one gets out, but that hasn't been the case with these two. I mean, saying that they have given good partnerships for the opening wicket is ridiculous. 50-100 runs stand for the opening wicket is extremely rare, isn't it? :rolleyes I mean, stupid me for thinking who else can actually provide such stands... Rahane and Pujara, perhaps? Oh no wait, they are too new and inexperienced, they must gain some experience first from test cricket but wait, Rahane is not selected for that format either... :facepalm

The next match is in Delhi. We've already given enough chances to the opening pair and I'm sure Dhoni will give them one more chance. Playing at their home ground, they may certainly put up a fine opening wicket stand and one of them might even make a 50 or 100 and then what will happen! Well, this whole issue will be put to an end and they will continue to play against England, that's Indian cricket nowadays for you. Isn't it obviously, if a player like Sehwag plays 10 ODI's, he is ought to play a big innings but then what? Why not give someone like Rahane 10 innings and see how he plays? There are too many questions to ask but who?s to answer!

Users who are viewing this thread