Pakistan in South Africa

I would start, but I don't get as low as your level.

Do you guys think that Kaneria deserves a spot in the team? He hardly gets wickets.

Bring back Saqlain Mushtaq, Kaneria hasn't taken wickets since he took 7fer against Australia and even so, Gilchrist belted him all around the park.
Then youse will have a bowling line up of Asif, Gul, Akhtar & Saqlain.

Saqlain or Mushtaq Ahmed surely are the two obvious replacements for Kaneria, though the left arm spinner for the ODI series against the Windies did a very good job, forgot his name but perhaps he should be the replacement.

this match is following a similar pattern to th Ind-SA matches.
Let us see if Pollock and Boucher fire again.

Gibbs is looking ominous and Prince is looking solid as very (though looks uncomfortable at times against leg-spinners)

Its time for other bowlers to start making a difference.
Shahid Nazir and Rana-Naved haven`t looked half as threatening as Asif.

At least Kaneria has looked close to getting a wicket , a couple of times.

Pak_cricketer said:
I would start, but I don't get as low as your level.

Do you guys think that Kaneria deserves a spot in the team? He hardly gets wickets.

I really don't see how it can be classified as 'low.'

Are you saying that Shoaib and Asif are not drug cheats?

Warne was done for drugs, and he was banned. People still call him a cheat.

I don't see why these two should be any different, in fact it is worse because a piss weak tribunal let them off.

Bit harsh to go dropping Kaneria just cause he didn't get wickets this inns. He took wickets against the Windies and before that there has been a steady flow of wickets. If you're dropping a bowler with those stats then you would have no bowlers left.

The Mongrel said:
I really don't see how it can be classified as 'low.'

Are you saying that Shoaib and Asif are not drug cheats?

Warne was done for drugs, and he was banned. People still call him a cheat.

I don't see why these two should be any different, in fact it is worse because a piss weak tribunal let them off.

Next time I'm sure the world anti-doping body would have you on their panel since you seem to be an expert on drug offences. :rolleyes:

harishankar said:
Next time I'm sure the world anti-doping body would have you on their panel since you seem to be an expert on drug offences. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that anti-doping body.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/271241.html

Overturned because they didn't know they weren't allowed to take supplements.

And we all thought Warney's 'my mum gave them to me' excuse was poor.

It doesn't matter, justice will prevail when the case is reviewed in a few months time, if it isn't, it is a travesty.

Last edited:
The Mongrel said:
It doesn't matter, justice will prevail when the case is reviewed in a few months time.
Exactly, WADA has appealed the over-turning of their bans and they more than likely will be successful with it. No more discussion on this please, as I'm afraid it could turn in to a flame war.

It's been argued to death anyway so just let the situation take care of itself.

Lovely to see Gibbs back in form today. One of my favourite batsmen to watch and it's been horrible to watch him so out of form in the last 12 months.

Maybe someone should send in an email to the channel SA vs Pak is on (Foxsports for Aus) and get their thoughts on the drug situation and also promote planetcricket on it because they actually read it out. :p

I don't see why you wouldn't bring Saqlain back in. Atleast for the WC. Some people actually consider him better then Warne & Murali & his has a better strike-rate in OD's then Wasim & Waqar.

yeah haven't seen saqlain in ages...was a very good player and i think he should be given atleast one chance to prove himself...

as for the match...well SA well on top after Kallis got 2 quick wickets but Younis and Imran are steadying things down...85/2 now...

Nel talks too much.. Its one thing to point out a batsman's weakness, but when you swear at the batsman cause he hits you for four is just childish.

Users who are viewing this thread