Pakistan in South Africa

pakistan need a lead of around 225. the wicket is not as good for batting anymore, and kaneria will be very very handy on the 5th day wicket.

Younis is looking good enough to get to 100, Inzi is always capable of getting there. Akmal could slide in a 50, and Rana could hit the odd 15-20.

Did you guys see how good Younis Khan is at being polite? He asked silly point if he is okay, and apoligised for hitting him.. :eek:

Well that's nothing special. It's done all the time. Pietersen did it to Simon Katich at The Oval last year if i'm not mistaken.

Pak_cricketer said:
Nel talks too much.. Its one thing to point out a batsman's weakness, but when you swear at the batsman cause he hits you for four is just childish.

A bowler can do whatever he wants until there is a limit where the umpire will intervene. Pretty much every team have at least a bowler that is very chirpy and try to provoke the batsman. i.e Warne and Lee for Australia, Nel for SA, Harbajan for India, Akhtar I guess for Pakistan.

I'd say Lee is a very quiet bowler actually. It's more McGrath in Australia's case. England did have Simon Jones...

Ah the good old days.

I don't think so. The closest thing i've seen to that is when Jones got fined for pointing Hayden to the pavillion upon dismissing him.

i wouldnt blaim Kaneria for not geting that many wickets for the past year, he has played 2 series on pitches that favour fast bowlers in england and now south Africa, when he played in Pakistan against the windies and in Sri Lanka he got wickets. hes not a warne or muraly where they can get a wicket on just about any track. Saqi could get wickets regularly but hes injuries caught up to him he is still young and still might have a chance to make the team but he needs to prove himself in domestic cricket to get a recall and i think that Rehman the left arm spinner is the next one to get a chance if Kaneria really strugles sometime in the future.

Pak_cricketer said:
Nel talks too much.. Its one thing to point out a batsman's weakness, but when you swear at the batsman cause he hits you for four is just childish.
never saw him doing too much of that against Australia.]

He did do quite a lot of that rubbish versus India and th Sreesanth six was a classic and his dance after that embarassed Nel.

Dare said:
i wouldnt blaim Kaneria for not geting that many wickets for the past year, he has played 2 series on pitches that favour fast bowlers in england and now south Africa, when he played in Pakistan against the windies and in Sri Lanka he got wickets.

Remember though that Panesar was picking up a fair amount of wickets on the same pitches. Kaneria is clearly a talent, but he has been in a bit of a slump lately, for crickets sake I hope he refinds his form as there is nothing better for me than spinners in their element.

Users who are viewing this thread