Pakistan Super League 2013

TopPlayer

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
PSL_League.jpg

Former ICC chief exucutive Haroon Lorgat has said not to underestimate the Pakistan Super League, the competition could be 'in excess of $100 million'. Lorgat has been appointed by the PCB to help set up the league. "People should not underestimate the potential of the Twenty20 league in Pakistan," Lorgat said. "With the rising popularity of T20 cricket, every ICC member country has the right to host its own professional league. Pakistan has done hardwork and I hope with foreign players' participation, perceptions about the country will change. I can see a lot of work has been done in parallel against many odds, but certainly this league will be come into reality shortly."
The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced that forr the first 3 years, the league will consist of 5 teams with 6 foreign players in each team as well as 10 local players and 2 emerging players. The matches will be played at a single venue, most likely Karachi or Lahore. The tournament is scheduled to start on the 26th of March on go on for 15 days with a total of 23 matches

The PCB has plans to expand the tournament to eight teams and 59 matches in it's 4th edition (2016)

Team Captains

Captains
Teams
Shahid Afridi - Karachi Super Stars
Mohammad Hafeez, - Faislabad Rangers
Kamran Akmal - Lahore Warriors
Misbah ul Haq - Federal Vipers
Shoaib Malik - Sialkot Smashers

Supporters
Brain Lara ,Wasim Akram and Sunil Gavaskar supports this league.

Venues
its out one of these stadiums
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
National Stadium, Karachi
Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad

Television Rights
PTV Sports
Ten Sports
Geo Super

Sponsors
Faysal Bank
Bank Alfalah

Match Officials
Aleem Dar
Asad Rauf
Rudi Koertzen
Russell Tiffin
Mike Proctor

Any other official infomation goes in this thread.

Still in progess​

Last edited:
Any news when it is starting ??

Have the foreign players already been brought, or are they just interests that the teams show.

Either way, the teams look crap and worst of all won't be able to match the IPL at all.

And what a crap name. "Pakistan Super League" A 5 year old could have come up with a more creative name.

I still wont believe it. Wiki isn't as credible as the PCB's official site or Cricinfo.

I still wont believe it. Wiki isn't as credible as the PCB's official site or Cricinfo.

Yes true say but i saw a interview of Zaka Ashraf (PCB) Chairman saying about the league on tv so we should get some offical info on the PCB site soon. Some of the info is true.

Fake source. Mashrafe Mortaza replacing Andrew Symonds for personal issues? And who is Xakir Ranizai from England?

Ahh it's wiki, anyone can edit that. I hope they sort some of it out and make the league presentable to overseas players

Yes, I'm sure the 'official' logo would be the IPL one coloured green with some Arial Bold text on the side.

This league will be only of Pakistani players . If it starts in March maybe then the overseas might play . If it starts in April , overseas are in India . India pays much more . :)

There are only two known items about this tournament; one being the name "Pakistan Super League", and the other being that it is tentatively scheduled for March 2013, before the IPL.

I guess someone had a lot of free time to make up a Wiki page lol.

I can tell you guys this much though:

There will be five teams, with games taking place in Faislabad, Lahore, and Karachi. At this time, the league will take place over the course of 15 days, with approximately 30 games being played in 15 days.

The PCB is currently trying to get Haroon Lorgart involved in the organization of the league, after firing Javed Miandad (already lol).

Each team will be allowed to field three foreign players (at this time).

Last edited:
There are only two known items about this tournament; one being the name "Pakistan Super League", and the other being that it is tentatively scheduled for March 2013, before the IPL.

I guess someone had a lot of free time to make up a Wiki page lol.

I can tell you guys this much though:

There will be five teams, with games taking place in Faislabad, Lahore, and Karachi. At this time, the league will take place over the course of 15 days, with approximately 30 games being played in 15 days.

The PCB is currently trying to get Haroon Lorgart involved in the organization of the league, after firing Javed Miandad (already lol).

Each team will be allowed to field three foreign players (at this time).

Yes your right

----------

This league will be only of Pakistani players . If it starts in March maybe then the overseas might play . If it starts in April , overseas are in India . India pays much more . :)

This leauge will start before the IPL in march

----------

Yes, I'm sure the 'official' logo would be the IPL one coloured green with some Arial Bold text on the side.

I think they going to make a new logo for they league as they said "they wont copy any league" said by Zaka Ashraf

Users who are viewing this thread