Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be fair, I would be totally in favour of ending Babar's tenure. Nothing to do with his influence, he's just a remarkably crap captain.

In Test cricket I'd replace him with Saud Shakeel, in white-ball cricket probably either Rizwan or Shadab. Shan Masood wouldn't be a bad appointment though - he fits into the vacancy created by Azhar Ali's retirement, and his tenacity and analytical approach may well lend themselves solidly to captaincy. I'd support his appointment.

Replacing him with Saud Shakeel would be another blunder to add to the huge list the PCB has been making for some time. Saud has only played a handful of tests and those too on the placid tracks of Karachi & Rawalpindi. The true test of this ability to will come when he plays against a swing/seaming ball in England or the bouncier tracks in Aus or NZ where Pakistani batsmen have failed time and time again.

Shan Masood is definitely a tactical decision by the PCB (which lets be honest, they don't even believe in fully if he didn't play the first and second ODI against NZ). Though, I have little to no doubt he will be a far better and more aggressive captain that Babar - he will always be an easy scapegoat when Pakistan next fail on a major overseas tour or tournament assignment. His batting has been super sloppy for a little while.

Rizwan would be the ideal Test captain as long as you remove him from the wicketkeeping. He is not a 20 yr old anymore and desperately needs to manage his workload to bring the best out of him. Lets not forget, he is a gun fielder anywhere in the field.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Rizwan would be the ideal Test captain as long as you remove him from the wicketkeeping. He is not a 20 yr old anymore and desperately needs to manage his workload to bring the best out of him. Lets not forget, he is a gun fielder anywhere in the field.
The question then is, what do you do with the gloves? I've heard enough from Pakistani fans to think that Sarfaraz isn't the answer...

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
To be honest, they can't look past Rizwan with the gloves. Honestly feel Babar can continue for a while, can't do anymore damage then he's already done, and there aren't really plausible alternatives in the Test side. What can be done is splitting the captaincy to share the burden with Shadab/Rizwan.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The question then is, what do you do with the gloves? I've heard enough from Pakistani fans to think that Sarfaraz isn't the answer...
Sarfraz has earned himself a run, to be fair. Rizwan was a letdown against England, where his batting could have been the difference (although that goes for others in the lineup too).
Sarfraz made 4 50+ scores in as many innings.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Why not! We are a young Test side and he has just bailed us out in back to back tests and almost won us a game after spending 4 years on the bench. Yeah i agree, his keeping his shoddy but its better than ruining a younger talent like Rizwan. Plus, he is a more competent captain that Babar - so a Virat and MSD kind of relationship might be a nice thing for Babar to learn from if he wants to continue as captain.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
A lot of talk about Arthur 'working from home' in his new role. Seems, the move hasnt gone down too well with the likes of ex-Pakistani cricketers.

How can a coach work from home, managing an international side and a domestic side at the same time. This is one of the most stupid decisions made by Sethi for the sake of bringing back Mickey. You could arguably bring in someone of the similar caliber as Arthur and have him actually be there.

Plus, what a spit in the faces of the hardworking coaches working with the team at the moment. Imagine the physio coming in on Zoom/Skype and telling a junior guy how to stretch out that muscle. Absolute joke of a decision that shows lack of ideas from Sethi (looking to emulate 2017 again).

These selection decisions is a true Desi style takeover approach - bring in people that would appose you in the media and keep them happy.
(1) Why was Afridi ever a chief-selector? He literally knows nothing about domestic cricket or the likes - most of his work nowadays is charity and sponsorship
(2) Wahab Riaz as Punjab Sports Minister? He hasn't ever done anything like this and you're going to make him chief out of nowhere?
(3) Kamran Akmal promoted to head of selection committee for age-group cricket? The petty guy who refused to play the PSL because he was dropped down from the top category after not scoring runs for 2 seasons nor in domestic cricket. The guy who said South Africa and New Zealand should be banned for not winning enough trophies - they literally defeated you in an ODI series at home 2 weeks ago,.

I am honestly waiting for a role in the new board from Sethi. I have been keeping up with and have knowledge of the sport from 2005/6 - that should be more than enough to make me Chief Minister of Sport in all Pakistan.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A lot of talk about Arthur 'working from home' in his new role. Seems, the move hasnt gone down too well with the likes of ex-Pakistani cricketers.

How can a coach work from home, managing an international side and a domestic side at the same time. This is one of the most stupid decisions made by Sethi for the sake of bringing back Mickey. You could arguably bring in someone of the similar caliber as Arthur and have him actually be there.

Plus, what a spit in the faces of the hardworking coaches working with the team at the moment. Imagine the physio coming in on Zoom/Skype and telling a junior guy how to stretch out that muscle. Absolute joke of a decision that shows lack of ideas from Sethi (looking to emulate 2017 again).

These selection decisions is a true Desi style takeover approach - bring in people that would appose you in the media and keep them happy.
(1) Why was Afridi ever a chief-selector? He literally knows nothing about domestic cricket or the likes - most of his work nowadays is charity and sponsorship
(2) Wahab Riaz as Punjab Sports Minister? He hasn't ever done anything like this and you're going to make him chief out of nowhere?
(3) Kamran Akmal promoted to head of selection committee for age-group cricket? The petty guy who refused to play the PSL because he was dropped down from the top category after not scoring runs for 2 seasons nor in domestic cricket. The guy who said South Africa and New Zealand should be banned for not winning enough trophies - they literally defeated you in an ODI series at home 2 weeks ago,.

I am honestly waiting for a role in the new board from Sethi. I have been keeping up with and have knowledge of the sport from 2005/6 - that should be more than enough to make me Chief Minister of Sport in all Pakistan.
It seems all overblown by the weird roles assignment. Pretty clear that Grant Bradburn is the head coach, with three assistant coaches, and Rehan-ul-Haq as team manager and analyst, while Arthur will join the team outside the English season.
Although agree fully that Sethi isn’t the right man for the job.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Users who are viewing this thread