Pakistan to tour India in December this year.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Yes, Pakistan will tour India, BCCI has just confirmed the news.

Pakistan to tour India in December : Cricketnext

Bilateral cricketing relations between India and Pakistan will resume in December with CNN-IBN learning that the BCCI has confirmed a three-ODI series at home in December. The short visit will be Pakistan?s first to India since 2007 and has been created during the short span of time that the England cricket team goes home for Christmas after the Test series and before it returns for the ODI leg of its tour.

Pakistan's tour of India

So finally its on paper. Only approval of Indian Government is left but that wont be a problem.

India and Pakistan have agreed to a three-match ODI series, to be held in India in December. The series, whose confirmation is subject to the Indian government's approval, is likely to be held over the Christmas period, between the Test and one-day legs of England's tour of India. It will be the first bilateral series between the two sides since Pakistan's tour of India in end-2007.

Bilateral cricketing ties were snapped following the Mumbai terror attacks in November 2008, though the two countries have played each other in the World Cup, Champions Trophy and Asia Cup.

The decision comes after hectic and high-level consultations between officials of the two boards and, latterly, of the two governments. BCCI president N Srinivasan and PCB chief Zaka Ashraf have held several discussions this year regarding resumption of ties, with Pakistan hoping to fit in a series at the end of the year, during the Christmas break in England's tour of India. After the last of those meetings, on the sidelines of the ICC's annual conference in June, Ashraf had said Pakistan were ready for progress on the series but Srinivasan said he would only be able to commit after checking with Indian authorities.

It is Pakistan's turn to host a bilateral series between the two. But there has been no international cricket in the country between Full Members since the March 2009 attack on the Sri Lanka team bus and it is understood that India are not keen to play at a neutral venue, as has been the case with all Pakistan's 'home' series since the attack. Subsequently, Ashraf said India had the prerogative to decide on the dates and host the series, but the PCB would want the BCCI to share revenue because the PCB has apparently not yet recovered from the financial loss suffered when India pulled out of their planned tour in 2009.

The news is another step forward in both boards' efforts to improve cricketing relations after recently, on the BCCI's recommendation, the Champions League T20 governing council had approved the inclusion of the Sialkot Stallions in this year's tournament to be held in October. Sialkot will be the first domestic team from Pakistan to take part in the event. "The CLT20 is owned by the BCCI, Cricket Australia, and Cricket South Africa, so we will recommend to the governing council that the BCCI has no objection and is prepared to invite a Pakistan team," Srinivasan said at the time.

More to follow

? ESPN EMEA Ltd.

India news: India to host Pakistan for ODI series in December | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Hmm good news for cricket fans of both countries. It will be an enticing contest. There is no way to know what line up Pakistan will be sending but one thing is for sure. It will once again be our bowling v/s their batting.

Well, 2 T20is also are scheduled and here are the venues will be as follows:
Chennai (First ODI), Delhi (2nd ODI), Kolkata(3rd ODI), Ahemdabad (1st T20i), Bengaluru (2nd T20i)

Sunil Gavaskar criticises BCCI's decision to resume ties with Pakistan - The Times of India

I agree with him. Our players will be tired because this series is being hosted in between England test and one day series. I don't think it's a smart move by BCCI to invite Pakistan in such a busy schedule. England leave on 22nd Agust and comes back on January 11th, in between we will play 3 ODI's and 2 T20's.

Let's hope players will be managed well in the season.

Waste of time! Another way for BCCI to make their money by encashing on the hype and overburdening the players.

Sounds good, this series will either be really good or really one sided and boring if Pakistan batting flops again

I am sure many will be given rest for England ODI series for sure because only 2 spinners are enough for England batsman :p

A quick way to make a lot of money and call it "friendship"

How possible?????.if possible then who makes money

BCCI obviously.

but why india .i thought it is we pakistani's who cry and need India ,i dont Know why we need india so much because of our leaders maybe.but this thing is much different.

Users who are viewing this thread