Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

Apparently Sarwan has been included for the 4th ODI. Why include him after the series has been lost?

Dont know why do the windies crying for Ajmal doosra?:lol cant play it so !
And the most rubbish thing that westindies have done is not including sarwan,gayle... they are seniors and i think they can alone do better then those guys!

^^ Absolutely true. No need of calling him now

What I have seen him. Not that Impressive.

Junaid seems average at the moment

The latter ATM sadly.

That's dissappointing. I know it's early days, and from your guys' posts + his FC record, he definitley has the potential to be a good bowler. But from the build-up he got when originally got selected for the WC, I was hoping (unrealistically) that Pak had discovered another outstanding fast-bowler.

The cricket world needs more quality fast bowlers. With the suspenisions of the infamous duo, retirement of the likes of Malinga, reoccuring injuries to prominent seamers like Tait, Taylor, Johnson, Zaheer, Broad, Edwards etc... I don't see any hopes in the near future.

Shame.

Hope Hafeez gets a ton here, hes been very effective in his second coming, and a ton now should cement his spot for a while.

Not sure about Shehzad though, he scores hundreds and nothing at times, its questionable whether he justifies a place.

Even though the game was a dead rubber, I am rather disappointed WI won it due to NRR.

Hafeez is really turning his career around and finally looks like an international standard batsmen. Shafiq also played a brilliant knock in the circumstances.

Pakistan lost not because of Duckworth Lewis. They lost because our batsmen played more like batswomen. Both Hafeez and Asad Shafique were timid and scared of Windies rather average bowlers. One of them should have gone onto bat to atleast 48th over but after their sluggish innings especially that of Shafique they got out. Pakistan needed at least 20 more runs. Also I am perplexed at exclusion of Umar Akmal. He was the only who could give impetus to our innings considering Afridi is almost done with the bat.

Last edited:
Hafeez needs to be consistent in batting. He is not gonna work in my book if he scores 100 in one match and in the next 15 matches, he does 30's to 40's after setting up well on the crease.

I guess Hafeez and Shafiq played well. The onus is on the later players who did nothing.

The batting wasn't great, but they've been doing it all series and winning. I think it was more that they were giving the 2nd string seamers a run. Even with the DL target, what got the West Indies over the line was wickets in hand. Wickets that can be taken by Pakistan's best seamers.

Although he still didn't get a hundred, Simmons factored into this game better than previously; it turned out to be half the team's runs, scored at an advantageous rate.

uff pak in trouble - Boom Boom Afridi Does It Again... :p Please Do Something

West Indies v Pakistan 2011: Shivnarine Chanderpaul to be named in Test squad | Cricket News | West Indies v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

Well if this is true, it will be great to see Edwards back. But whats the sense fast-tracking young Braithwaite now?. Simmons & Devon Smith seems like the best opening pair opening with Gayle in the IPL & Barath maybe still injured.

yep F Edwards is back and happy to him back. agree with ya on young Brathwaite I would give him one more season with Barbados. because putting him in W.I.

My Test Squad for Pakistan.

To me I would prefer L Simmon and K Edwards to opening for W.I. K Edwards is more of a Test match Player than a OD player. look at his Domestic career.
List A(OD) Match: 39 Runs:920 Avg 29.67
FC: Match 26 Runs 1769 Avg : 41.13
more details here Kirk Edwards | West Indies Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Then after these two I would have Darren Bravo.

Sarwan, Chanderpaul and B Nash ( My Middle Order)
D Ramdin (Wkt, give him another chance, which unlikely they will play him)
All rounder : Sammy ( Need to Improve ALOT)
Bowlers: F Edwards, K Roach, Bishoo.

My 11 Sqaud: 1. L Simmon, 2. K Edwards, 3.D Bravo, 4.R Sarwan, 5.S Chanderpaul, 6.B Nash, 7. Ramdin, 8. Sammy, 9. Bishoo, 10. K Roach, 11.F. Edwards.

F Edward, K Roach, Bishoo, Sammy and B Nash <would bowl>
and going with 7 Batsmen
Simmon, K Edwards, D Bravo, R Sarwan, S Chanderpaul, B Nash, Ramdin.

Ravi Rampal would replace Roach or Edward, if needed.
Or in case they need an Extra Bowler, I would Take of K Edwards. and have Chanderpaul Open Batting with Simmon and Add in Ravi Rampal.

Also Note If Ramdin doesn't get a Chance.
then Bravo or Simmons Keep. and add Ravi Rampal in.

1. L Simmon, 2. K Edwards, 3.D Bravo, 4.R Sarwan, 5.S Chanderpaul, 6.B Nash, 7. Ravi Rampal, 8. Sammy, 9. Bishoo, 10. K Roach, 11.F. Edwards.

Even with Gayle, Barath, DW Bravo out injured. Picking Sammy agains messes up the windies balance. Since surely right now Roach/Edwards/Ra,paul/Bishoo is the best attack WI can put out.

But if Sammy plays you would have to drop a batsman or bowler. Which is plain dumb.

On Ramdin. Dont think he really needs to be recalled yet at all to be honest. Baugh has only played 1 test series since his recall vs SRI late last year, so i would think he deserves a longer run in the test side before any thought of replacing him is contemplated.

Even with Gayle, Barath, DW Bravo out injured. Picking Sammy agains messes up the windies balance. Since surely right now Roach/Edwards/Ra,paul/Bishoo is the best attack WI can put out.

But if Sammy plays you would have to drop a batsman or bowler. Which is plain dumb.

On Ramdin. Dont think he really needs to be recalled yet at all to be honest. Baugh has only played 1 test series since his recall vs SRI late last year, so i would think he deserves a longer run in the test side before any thought of replacing him is contemplated.

Sammy have until India series to play. tbh it's not his fault that he is the captain was the only player at the time to be captain but he DO need to improve. if no after the contract is Finish he may never be in the team again.
Sammy part. what made him the captain.
Gayle and Bravo turn down the central contact and wanted to be a Freelancer. Sarwan was injured and didnt get a Central contact. Chanderpaul didnt want to captain W.I. J Taylor and edward injured. no other player was capable of been pick as captain, since Nash only plays Test and not ODI.
so right now we have to live with Sammy and yes he is making the Team unbalance. which i am trying to say he Needs to improve and not little, but alot.
IF Gayle or Bravo would sign there contract, then Sammy wouldn't even be a Captain.

why i choose Ramdin over Baugh, Baugh is much better as a ODI player. I prefer Ramdin as a Test keep because he is one of the best keep currently in the west indies. and this year his batting performance in the domestic series has improve.unfortunately he didnt make it.

Player for the 2 days pratice match.

Fifteen players: Carlton Baugh, Devendra Bishoo, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Fidel Edwards, Brendan Nash, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons, Devon Smith.
Pakistan in West Indies 2011: Shivnarine Chanderpaul invited for practice match | Cricket News | West Indies v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

To be honest with this List i personally think Kirk Edwards should be playing instead if K Brathwaite. I personally wouldnt push him yet. Brathwaite only had one Full season in the First Classmatch i would pick him after the 2nd season if he keeps up the good work.
Again W.I Selectors mess up here. K Edaward isnt a Good OD player at all and they Pick him for ODI.and now he avg good in FC. but drop him for the Test. that's weird.

DW Bravo isnt injured he said he unavailable for the Test because he is going IPL.
Gayle suppose to be injured but is Playing IPL.
Barath i have no idea about him, maybe he is injured

Last edited:
Sammy have until India series to play. tbh it's not his fault that he is the captain was the only player at the time to be captain but he DO need to improve. if no after the contract is Finish he may never be in the team again.
Sammy part. what made him the captain.
Gayle and Bravo turn down the central contact and wanted to be a Freelancer. Sarwan was injured and didnt get a Central contact. Chanderpaul didnt want to captain W.I. J Taylor and edward injured. no other player was capable of been pick as captain, since Nash only plays Test and not ODI.
so right now we have to live with Sammy and yes he is making the Team unbalance. which i am trying to say he Needs to improve and not little, but alot.
IF Gayle or Bravo would sign there contract, then Sammy wouldn't even be a Captain.

why i choose Ramdin over Baugh, Baugh is much better as a ODI player. I prefer Ramdin as a Test keep because he is one of the best keep currently in the west indies. and this year his batting performance in the domestic series has improve.unfortunately he didnt make it.

Player for the 2 days pratice match.

Fifteen players: Carlton Baugh, Devendra Bishoo, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Fidel Edwards, Brendan Nash, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons, Devon Smith.
Pakistan in West Indies 2011: Shivnarine Chanderpaul invited for practice match | Cricket News | West Indies v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

To be honest with this List i personally think Kirk Edwards should be playing instead if K Brathwaite. I personally wouldnt push him yet. Brathwaite only had one Full season in the First Classmatch i would pick him after the 2nd season if he keeps up the good work.
Again W.I Selectors mess up here. K Edaward isnt a Good OD player at all and they Pick him for ODI.and now he avg good in FC. but drop him for the Test. that's weird.

DW Bravo isnt injured he said he unavailable for the Test because he is going IPL.
Gayle suppose to be injured but is Playing IPL.
Barath i have no idea about him, maybe he is injured

My mistake saying Gyale & DW where injured. I meant to say they in the IPL.

Back to point however & based on what Gayle & C'Paul have been saying in the media. The situation which happened last year, which lead to Sammy inadvertently becoming captain, seems far more complicated that just "Gayle & Bravo wanting to be freelancers". Talk is the WI Board hierarchy was secretly planning since the start of 2009 to force Gayle from the captaincy & make Sammy skipper.

Plus the shocking revelations that C'Paul said that they wanted him to retire, proves that they are doing a pretty good job of trying to destroy the windies team.

If indeed the WI Board has plans to keep hold on Sammy as skipper until the IND series, they need to scrap it immediately. Since it looks increasing likely now that all the main players will be fit come the India tour & if Edwards shows good in the two test he plays. It would be beyond madness to keep Sammy as test skipper. That idea should to be scrapped immediately after the PAK series ends.

Users who are viewing this thread