Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

I have not seen much of Salman but he should do better than Akmal. Hammad Azam is a real good prospect. I am sure he clocks near and over 140 KPH and is a very decent batsman. I am sure he will fill in Razzaq's shoes.

I have not seen much of Salman but he should do better than Akmal. Hammad Azam is a real good prospect. I am sure he clocks near and over 140 KPH and is a very decent batsman. I am sure he will fill in Razzaq's shoes.
I have a lot of expectations from Hammad Azam.... is he a batting or a bowling allrounder... I know he won us quite a few games through batting in the Under 19... how is his bowling?

I am very excited to see Junaid Khan

Salman is one of the best keepers in Pakistan's domestic circuit technique wise but the major error in his inclusion(if he is included) is that he is already 30 years old and we need a young keeper.

i agree with you aouni and another thing WTF is this? they included Taufeeq Umar in ODI squad i dont get this.this is truly on the parchy basis.Akmals,Taufeeq and Farhat can't be axed from Pakistani team as they have big approach

----------

And also they included Shehzad as well he is talented but we can't afford too many afridis in our team i don't know What's the mistake of Shahriar Ghani? he's a very very talented and well organized batsman but don't get chance poor Ghani

And what do you call tanvir ahmad? i would call him a spin bowler who bowls straight i know they call him pacer :facepalm

----------

Even Afridi can bowl quicker than him

----------

With this team my playnig XI would be

1.Hafeez
2.Salman
3.Shafiq
4.Umar
5.Usman
6.Misbah
7.Hammad
8.Afridi
9.Riaz
10.Cheema/Junaid
11.Ajmal

But considering the Parchy fact Pakistan will go with

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Asad
Umar
Misbah
Salman
Hammad
Afridi
Wahab
Ajmal
Junaid/Cheema

To me Pakistan's playing XI should be,

Mohammad Hafeez
Ahmed Shehzad
Asad Shafiq
Umar Akmal
Usman Salahuddin
Misbah-ul-Haq / Hammad Azam
Shahid Afridi (capt)
Mohammad Salman (wk)
Wahab Riaz
Junaid Khan
Saeed Ajmal

West Indies 20/20 squad

Darren Sammy (Captain), Christopher Barnwell, Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Andre Fletcher, Danza Hyatt, Ashley Nurse, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Krishmar Santokie, Lendl Simmons

Lots of lesser known names in the squad. Should be pointed out that Pollard does not qualify for the squad as he chose the Big Bash over the WICB 20/20, same goes for Bravo and Gayle I guess.

I think its good the WICB stood up and didn't pick them. I really like Gayle but think he kind of got what he deserved with not getting an IPL contract after rejecting the WICB contract..

West Indies 20/20 squad

Darren Sammy (Captain), Christopher Barnwell, Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Andre Fletcher, Danza Hyatt, Ashley Nurse, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Krishmar Santokie, Lendl Simmons

Lots of lesser known names in the squad. Should be pointed out that Pollard does not qualify for the squad as he chose the Big Bash over the WICB 20/20, same goes for Bravo and Gayle I guess.

Have seen most of those new player. Barnwell shouldn't be in at all really, pretty crap based on what i remember. Might as well & recalled Dave Bernard jr.

Have seen most of those new player. Barnwell shouldn't be in at all really, pretty crap based on what i remember. Might as well & recalled Dave Bernard jr.

Yea he poor at best.
If they wanted an all rounder then they could have gone for Stoute from Barbados, maybe Carlos Brathwaite. Many other choices ahead of Barnwell.

Last edited:
It was a relief seeing the Windies team look weaker on paper than ours :p

Anyways, I cant believe how happy I am with the current team. We bought in new players, rested a few more, discarded the useless ones. I may sound crazy but this Pakistan is actually moving forward. Lets just avoid a controversy for now.

Razzaq may genuinely claim he has been hard-done by, but in all fairness he isnt much use. Yea he can slog it a bit, but his bowling isnt good enough. So if he wants to get into the ODI team he needs to either pick his game in either bowling or batting or both.

Salman seems as an old wk, but I dont mind having a temporary arrangement for the time being, and hoping he can bet decently too in order to ensure that he can atleast keep Akmal out of sight. The inclusion of Taufeeq Umar is weird, I dont see him as a limited overs batsman, and Usman is a player I havent heard off. Would have liked to see Alam in the squad, I believe he has the potential to play the Misbah-Younis role in our new look ODI team.

Our fast bowling is looking quite weak at this point of time but should surely strengthen over the time, if the new bowlers start showing their true potential. Also see Shehzads time running out with if he doesnt get a knock in, this isnt a strong WIs team so he should get some runs here.

I am happy with this selection. My only gripe is presence of Misbah. He is 37 years of age and he is definitely no tendulkar. I have seen Aizaz Cheema bowl and I think he puts in a lot of effort in every delivery. I knew he would one day make it to the big time. I hope these youngsters do well. They would have good opportunity of doing so, facing a brittle WI side that is also going through rebuilding phase.

I am surprised about "thin bowling" comment. This is a potentially a very good attack with most of the pacers who can bowl around 140KPH. Spinners are as usuall the same but I guess Mansoor Amjad should be there in this squad.

Users who are viewing this thread