Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Thin in the sense that our pace spearhead has played only a handful of ODIS and the rest are yet to make their debuts.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^Thin in the sense that our pace spearhead has played only a handful of ODIS and the rest are yet to make their debuts.

It will not be a problem against the windies so I guess this is a good selection to test the youth and you know that young pace bowlers are the only speciality we have.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Overall a good squad for the tour of West Indies. Gotta try a few youngesters. I am not in favour of exclusion of Razzaq from the T20 format. I guess his hard-hitting is very beneficial as far as T20 games are concerned but there is no doubt on the other hand that Razzaq has lost his energy in cricket. It appears to me that his heart is not there when he bats and bowls because he appears so lazy in the field while batting, bowling and even fielding.

But I guess Razzaq's replacement is tough to find for sure. As far as Openers are concerned, Its a good decision to retain Ahmed Shahzad, that guy has the potential to prove the world that he is the most talented batsman in the world currently. Imran Nazir should be selected for the T20 format. You can't judge him on the basis of his domestic performance because our domestic matches are usually a three or four day games and Imran Nazir is not a kind of player of test cricket. However, He always has extra-ordinary performance in the domestic T20s. But I would be surprized if he would be selected anytime soon because he is not that favourite in the eyes of selectors for some personal reasons. The personal liking/disliking you know

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^It would have been tough a decade or so back but Razzaq's bowling has been going down the drain since 2002-2003. He was Pakistan's top bowlers sin 1999-2000. His batting has been mostly good but his fielding and bowling left much to be desired. I am sure Hammad's bowling will make up for whatever deficiency he may have in his batting compared to Razzaq.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Well i had seen Hammad's one game he looked quite organized Batsman i don't think one should expect that bang bang from him as well

look at his S'rates

In FC=55
In T20=140

That shows he plays according to the format which is good for us

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
We could do with some organized batting. I will prefer a player who can bat for thirty over or so over a bang bang type keeping in mind the fragility of our batting line up.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I agree and i feel Pakistani batsmen are lucky that in the age of 300+ they just have to make maximum around 260 or 280 And yet they can't do this.I hope we'll Find some good youngsters in this Series and in Zim as well to get rid of Younis and Misbah who perform once in a blue moon

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Word is going around that Sarwan and Chanderpaul have been dropped from the first two ODIs.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Word is going around that Sarwan and Chanderpaul have been dropped from the first two ODIs.

Ha. I heard Sarwan scored a double century in the locak Guyana 1st division/club cricket competition.

AfridiRulez

Club Cricketer
Can't wait till the T20 and the ODI's. It's gonna be good fun watching the youngsters playing with Afridi.

I have big expectations from Hammad Azam and Junaid Khan especially. Afridi will use this tour to regain his batting form.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Afridi throughout his career has never been in any sort of batting form. He just has the one good game with the bat after every thirty or so ODIs.

Users who are viewing this thread