Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

To Be Honest. the battle between the board and the Player contiue for a Long time, the the problem is that the board are not always wrong, yes they did wrong and they selection some time kills people career.
But today's Player example Gayle, Pollard and Senior Bravo are all in just for Money.
People use to Complain so much about Lara, Putting all the Blame on him for W.I down fall, Dont Matter how his Relationship is for with the Board, Lara still give us the Fans hope in West Indies Cricket. He try his best Not to disappoint during the Home series. Yet when these player like We all call the experience player Gayle, Pollard and Bravo. They Failed in ever expect of the game and we Now are Losing at home, Beside the win over England in Jamaica in the Test Series , if u seen the rest of the Series, W.I could of Lose 2 more matches, unfortunate the bowler bat one and save the test matches.

Today, we look at the West Indies and say If Gayle, Bravo, Sarwan, chanderpaul, Pollard dont play. West Indies is the worst team. But think about it this way, isn tit the same way when they Play?
In this years World Cup. West Indies Only beat team which were below them.

These new player, just need to gain experience once they got experience they can win.

WICB did make mistake in the past, now i think they are changing and I think now they need to more strict on there Players. Because IF the player keep running the board and We have to keep sticking to this same Old team which hardly progress and keeping losing and losing, we will not be going any where. we will remain number 8 all our life.

It's time to move on West Indies Do have talented Players, WICB and the selectors Needs to give them More run instead Of dropping them within 1 series.

As Captain is Concern, it's a Big issue atm because Sammy isn't making no more Run, and there isnt No capable Captain to take over him atm, since Barvo didnt sign the Contract and I would Surely dont give Captain back to Gayle because all he see is Money and Nothing else.

One more thing i had to Add, why are the Legend of the West Indies Cricket now decided to Help West Indies Cricket with all these new player, they must be something wrong with the another player, maybe they all have attitude problem.

Gayle put up an article, everyone will follow it, because everyone want to see WICB on there knees. No one will actually see the Full truth.
What ever Gayle wrote people will follow.
I am not support de Board neighter, because in the past they did crap and drop good player which was perform good. but all i am saying it's not always the Board fault.

If West Indies Player were Dedicated to there Country and Who have Pride in West Indies and the People of West Indies. they would play Better Cricket and Try to get back untop. Just like What C Loyd and his men did, they Didn't Went to South Africa to Get Money, they didnt even get paid for Playing Cricket for the West Indies. They all Played for Pride and Honor which made West Indies proud, until today generation of players. Getting paid to play and yet Failing all the time. and So Called talented player like Gayle, Pollard and Bravo, keep on running behind money than play for they Country West Indies. because NOT signing the contract which WICB give them, because they want to be a Free Agents.
and I am happy with WICB decision, to move on, they Should build on this Team, all they need is a Proper Captain, and dont look to go back to Gayle and this Crew. Because if they do, we are back to Square one. which they did before. and WICB should hold the Blame for it, because they they stick to there plan and look to build on a new look team, it will be better for West Indies, than have to keep going back to Gayle Team and Killing the young player Career.

If WICB want they can at least Add one more bowler which Roach and Russel say like Taylor or Edwards. and for the batting add a player like Sarwan. at least one senior with the bat and ball. but having to go back to all the senior, the young Player will get annoyed and it will kill they career.

ODI, my choice: and Hopefully they all can perform.
1. L Simmons - Opener
2. D Smith - Opener
3. young Bravo
4. M Sameuls
5. Senior Bravo
6. C Baugh
7. A Russel
8. D Sammy
9. D Bishoo
10. R Rampal
11. K Roach

I wouldn't play K Edwards in the ODI, i would play him in Test.
Btw senior Bravo isn't in the Test, because he said he is available for Test.
1. D. Smith / K Edwards
2. A Barath
3. Bravo
4. S Chanderpaul ( I would only play him in TEST, not ODI)
5. B Nash
6. Sameul / Sarwan
7. S Benn / Bishoo
8. D Sammy
9. K Roach
10. A Russel
11. J Taylor / F Edward

West Indies really would look good, dont mine of we dont Play gayle or Pollard.
not a place to post this since it's a PAk Vs Wi Series.
but I hope WICB just dont kill young player career.

My Choice
T20
1. L Simmons.
2. A Flecther
3. young Bravo
4. M Samuels
5. Senior Bravo (Captain)
6. C Baugh (wkt)
7. A Russle
8. R Rampal
9. Bishoo
10. J Taylor
11. D Sammy

ODI
1. D Smith
2. L Simmons
3. young Bravo
4. senior Bravo ( Captain)
5. M Samuels
6. C Baugh (wkt)
7. A Russel
8. N Miller / Bishoo
9. F Edwards
10. J Taylor
11. K Roach

Test
1. D Smith/ K Edwards
2. L Simmons
3. young Bravo
4. Chanderpaul
5. B Nash ( Captain)
6. Samuels/ Sarwan
7. D Ramdin (WKT) ( give him another chance at Test)
8. Benn / Bishoo
9. K Roach
10. J Taylor
11. A Russel / F Edwards

Can anybody tell me the name of the songs that was played on fall of wickets,boundaries and between decision reviews in the 2nd semifinal between Pakistan and India in ICC CWC'11?Please help me i need those songs.

But today's Player example Gayle, Pollard and Senior Bravo are all in just for Money.

I hate that people are still maintaing this untrue point. Did you hear Gayle's interview? CHRIS GAYLE on the appointment of Darren Sammy as captain by caribupdatenews on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Or did you listen to Senior Bravo's comments during the touchline interview Barry Wilkinson gave him during the T20 game yesterday?

Those aren't comment from players that are all about money at allll. Fact players every nation in the world except if you are AUS, ENG, SA would jump @ the opportunity to play in the IPL since they money their local boards pay them is wayy below what AUS, IND, ENG players get. So the boards of WI, NZ, SRI, PAK have to strike the right balance in enabling their star players to get a chance to play in the IPL - they cant be bullies.

But this where the lack of proper ICC has failed, since i dont think the IPL should be playing at this time of the year, since you are going to always affect the Windies international season. The best time to play the IPL is late September - early/mid novemeber. I would think most international teams if the scheduling is right would be free from commitments to let all their best players go.

Today, we look at the West Indies and say If Gayle, Bravo, Sarwan, chanderpaul, Pollard dont play. West Indies is the worst team. But think about it this way, isn tit the same way when they Play?

Isn't the reason for that obvious though?. In the past decade especially Gayle, C Paul, Sarwan had no consistent support from other players with the retirements of Lara, Ambrose & Walsh.

Its only in recent years with the emergence of young players like Barath, Pollard, Roach, Bishoo & the returns now of Samuels, Simmons, D Smith (maybe Edwards too soon) that for the first time in years that those main trio seemingly will be getting some quality depth to help build a consistent windies team for the 1st time in a long time.

Now if you discard Gayle, Sarwan, DW Bravo, C Paul, Pollard you would be clearing slowing up the process of recovery that was finally looking that it was coming to end after 15 years of decline.

Fact is Gayle should still be windies captain, thats is clear as day. But given what Gayle has said going forward if he does come back, its hard to see him getting back skipper again. So id saw make Nash test captain & let DW Bravo be ODI/T20 captain.

I hate that people are still maintaing this untrue point. Did you hear Gayle's interview? CHRIS GAYLE on the appointment of Darren Sammy as captain by caribupdatenews on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Or did you listen to Senior Bravo's comments during the touchline interview Barry Wilkinson gave him during the T20 game yesterday?

Those aren't comment from players that are all about money at allll. Fact players every nation in the world except if you are AUS, ENG, SA would jump @ the opportunity to play in the IPL since they money their local boards pay them is wayy below what AUS, IND, ENG players get. So the boards of WI, NZ, SRI, PAK have to strike the right balance in enabling their star players to get a chance to play in the IPL - they cant be bullies.

But this where the lack of proper ICC has failed, since i dont think the IPL should be playing at this time of the year, since you are going to always affect the Windies international season. The best time to play the IPL is late September - early/mid novemeber. I would think most international teams if the scheduling is right would be free from commitments to let all their best players go.

Isn't the reason for that obvious though?. In the past decade especially Gayle, C Paul, Sarwan had no consistent support from other players with the retirements of Lara, Ambrose & Walsh.

Its only in recent years with the emergence of young players like Barath, Pollard, Roach, Bishoo & the returns now of Samuels, Simmons, D Smith (maybe Edwards too soon) that for the first time in years that those main trio seemingly will be getting some quality depth to help build a consistent windies team for the 1st time in a long time.

Now if you discard Gayle, Sarwan, DW Bravo, C Paul, Pollard you would be clearing slowing up the process of recovery that was finally looking that it was coming to end after 15 years of decline.

Fact is Gayle should still be windies captain, thats is clear as day. But given what Gayle has said going forward if he does come back, its hard to see him getting back skipper again. So id saw make Nash test captain & let DW Bravo be ODI/T20 captain.

your pushing it way to much with Pollard. He hasn't done anything for WI cricket and I dont see him doing anything for WI cricket at all. The only cricket he can play for WI is 20/20 and ODI and he chose to skip that too, I don't care what permission the board gave him. If his goal is West Indies cricket then he should say I am staying here and working my way into the team.
He chose not to play for the A team when given a chance so I say give a chance to Stoute, Carlos Brathwaite, Andre Russell over Pollard.

Windies to bat and I am having doubts on whether we are going to win this already. :p

It's 2011 West Indies team my friend. :p

Samuels is finding it hard to play against this top competition. He needs to score some runs or the comeback will be short lived.

your pushing it way to much with Pollard. He hasn't done anything for WI cricket and I dont see him doing anything for WI cricket at all. The only cricket he can play for WI is 20/20 and ODI and he chose to skip that too, I don't care what permission the board gave him. If his goal is West Indies cricket then he should say I am staying here and working my way into the team.
He chose not to play for the A team when given a chance so I say give a chance to Stoute, Carlos Brathwaite, Andre Russell over Pollard.

Pushing it?. Hey all i said he is one of the emerging talented young talented players from the WI of the last couple years - which he clearly is. When he is talent that has stepped up as much as you like currently or whether one rates him currently is another debate.

On whether Pollard should have stayed with the WI team or gone to the IPL is debatable, although i see what you are saying. Fact is he is a hot commodity to in the IPL & T20 cricket does have a world-cup now, so him perfecting his T20 skills is very important to him potentially helping the windies do well in 2012 T20 Cup in Sri Lanka. So like Gayle & DW Bravo - regardless of how much one would have liked him to stay, you would have had to let him go the IPL eventually (although as i mentioned overall i dont think the IPL should be played during this time, since it always affects the windies home season).

If at the start of this series the selectors had done what i suggested in this post http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2102664-post90.html, i think all parties would have been happy.

t20 was a surprise but the first ODI went as it should for pakistan. the gulf in class between the two sides is pretty big and teh ODI series seems a bit drab so quick after the WC, cant wait for the tests though.

West Indies v Pakistan Second ODI 2011

I see the windies coming back stronger than the last game but still Pakistan should win. Hopefully Hamad Azam gets a chance to bowl this time round.

Last edited by a moderator:
West Indies seems to have things under control. Bishoo is really impressive, more then Benn and I really hope to see him have a great career ahead of him. 30 overs 100 runs 1 wicket so 120 in 120 almost.

Might just be tough then expected

I'm reading the comments on Cricinfo's commentary page and people are honestly complaining about how PAK are pacing their innings, even though they are cruising and will probably win this comfortably.

It seems T20 is rotting our cricketing brains.

Users who are viewing this thread