Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

I'm not one to come and complain about things and I hope this is helpful and constructive feedback. It is only the first ODI but I still feel that a lot happened that merits feedback and are things that would persist in all matches.

The field setting of the AI had seemed to have largely been resolved on the last patch of DBC 17. But now on Ashes the fields once more feel very aggressive, more often than not with only three men out. At one point in the last five overs a silly point was brought in. This was in spite of the fact that I was going at 10p/o for much of the innings and finished with 401 after 40 overs. Come to think of it, despite the match being reduced it didn't seem that the fielding restrictions were amended (I'll report that). The bowler I'm about to mention had all the men in the ring, after the power play while I hit 3 sixes out of five in a row in one over.

The frustration with the bowler is I hit him out of the game, unfortunately the AI reacted differently. After going for 42 from his first two overs he continued for at least one more. After 4 overs I'd hit him for 71, from there he still bowled another 5 overs. The final figures were 9-1-136-3 (I don't know how I let the maiden happen).

Yes he got wickets but they didn't come until he had conceded 90+ runs by the end of his fifth over, at which point I'd have expected him to be stood at fine leg thinking about what he'd done wrong. There were two other bowlers (all rounders) used for five overs between them. One of them only went for 7.25 - which was the best economy rate in the innings. It's nice to see more bowlers being used but it felt like the horse had bolted. The bowler with next best economy rate only bowled 7 overs at 7.86. There was a third all rounder that didn't bowl an over.

I'm not even bothered that I lost the wickets, although one was a stumping where I seemed to have no control over the batsman after a play and miss, but after that kind of start if I was captain he wouldn't be bowling at all.

I think static camera should remain in place as it have nothing to with all this.But they should take their own time to rectify mistakes and bugs. .

When I said Day 1 Patch state I meant it.

Extra camera options are luxury. Performance issue on a Console(a single configuration) is a fundamental problem.

And there are so many other ridiculous issues that have popped up due to the accomodation of static cams and front foot pull shot.

Just not worth it.

Im using the fixed cams they are an amazing addition. Bigant would know if they caused these issues and removed them from 1.5, after 1.4. It's 100% speculation the fixed cams are the root cause of new issues but gladly will use broadcast1 in order to go back to holy grail of gameplay if it's confirmed fixed cams are the problem.

Trust me , Big Ant didn't want them in there. No one knows the reason yet. Maybe them maybe not. But the fact they are even there is a testament to BA's effort to be accommodating for all.

Although it mostly boils down to them getting fed up of the constant whinging.

Try get a new camera in an EA game and see how well you do.

They may be a fine addition, but they are an example of a needless addition at this point that could potentially cause problems.

It's as simple as that!

But I love Static Cam,:noway That's my the camera I use mainly now.
if Static cam is causing this problem that I guess I won't mind switching back to Broadcast cam then.

New cameras have absolutely nothing to do with any of the issues noted.
Thank god for that because I really like the new cams, the only problem I am having is this rain delays in career mode in most of the matches.

In my opinion, BigAnt should simply roll back to Day 1 Patch state and then take their time to come up with the improvements. The amount of quality added via the new cams and stuff is just not worth the quality we've lost.

Technically speaking this shoudn't be difficult.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on this?

This. I would love this.

And only take into consideration submissions from people on the beta team. There was a reason they were chosen on the team.

This. I would love this.

And only take into consideration submissions from people on the beta team. There was a reason they were chosen on the team.

Correct. And if new features were to be added,before going live, get it tested extensively by both the Professional testing team for performance issues and bugs and the Cricket of things testing team who can assure the Cricket side of things are working as they should.

Correct. And if new features were to be added,before going live, get it tested extensively by both the Professional testing team for performance issues and bugs and the Cricket of things testing team who can assure the Cricket side of things are working as they should.

Yes, yes, yes.

I don't think they should only take our ideas... we are a limited group with limited (if obsessive) interests... e.g. they'll never get much useful info on online or t20 from me.

They should certainly take ideas outside the beta group - we shouldn't inflate our own importance. But they shouldn't rush patches for non game breaking "issues" that the beta haven't had a chance to test just to appease a vocal minority.

I don't think they should only take our ideas... we are a limited group with limited (if obsessive) interests... e.g. they'll never get much useful info on online or t20 from me.

They should certainly take ideas outside the beta group - we shouldn't inflate our own importance. But they shouldn't rush patches for non game breaking "issues" that the beta haven't had a chance to test just to appease a vocal minority.

Of course. I never mentioned taking ideas from only a single set of people.

I explicitly mentioned that whenever new features are implemented(from anyone’s suggestion or there own) get it tested extensively from the Professional Beta Testers and the Cricket of Things Testers.

Such that the Professional beta testers can iron out the bugs and the Cricketing Consultants(the others and you) can make sure the core gameplay and AI is as sound as it was pre-release.

I explicitly mentioned that whenever new features are implemented(from anyone’s suggestion or there own) get it tested extensively from the Professional Beta Testers and the Cricket of Things Testers.

Such that the Professional beta testers can iron out the bugs and the Cricketing Consultants(the others and you) can make sure the core gameplay and AI is as sound as it was pre-release.

No but langeveldt did and you answered his post "correct"...

I mentioned just taking ideas from the beta testers. I think if they read what everyone has to say you end up trying to please too many people. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread