Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Why the 26th for the PC release in particular?
To allow for the production of the physical copies of the game, which is probably a restriction placed on them by the publisher, even if they wanted to go early for PC digital.

To allow for the production of the physical copies of the game, which is probably a restriction placed on them by the publisher, even if they wanted to go early for PC digital.

It seems that physical copies have been the cause of a number of delays in the product reaching the consumer.

One thing I wonder is why even bother with physical copies for a PC release, considering that it will go through steam anyhow, which is a well established distribution system in it's own right, while brick and mortar stores show little interest and in many cases utter contempt for physical releases of PC games now.

I can entirely understand the trouble for a console game (as most will want the physical disk due to prohibitively small hard drive capacities on some consoles), but for the PC surely an entirely digital release would have been the better option.

It seems that physical copies have been the cause of a number of delays in the product reaching the consumer.

One thing I wonder is why even bother with physical copies for a PC release

Because alot of people, especially on these forums, asked for physical PC DVD's to be released. For some people, they do not have access, or at least a stable, always on or large download limit internet access. For others, it's the ability to also get the collectors edition steel book.

For others like me, it's cos we're Old Skool! :p

Because alot of people, especially on these forums, asked for physical PC DVD's to be released. For some people, they do not have access, or at least a stable, always on or large download limit internet access. For others, it's the ability to also get the collectors edition steel book.

For others like me, it's cos we're Old Skool! :p

If they don't have a stable internet connection, then they won't be able to install it will they? The way steam works will require not only an internet connection, but also some downloads to go along with the install (in this case probably the latest patch). I guess it'll save on the size of the download, but a download is most definitely still needed.

You mean I've got another week to enjoy getting caught out by Jor-El at Mid-On?!

AWESOME.

We make far less out of the retail than digital, the retail is in response to people on here that said their internet sucks and they would never be able to download the gigs required.

In order to get physical disks produced I had to agree not to sell before the physical disks could get to market otherwise no publisher in their right mind would do it.

We've hit a problem with the online tournaments and have to resubmit tonight :(

This will delay patch#2 by a week (longer if another issue is found by MS/Sony).

Sorry guys, all our fault :(

PS: This does not delay PC at all.

lol Mike Fegan is probably rejoicing right now (I reckon he's on here logged under some made up pen name).

I'll leave the fanboi stuff up to others. I think I've said enough about how much I like this game. :yes The week delay is a pain but it can't be helped - i'm just glad we're getting patches in the first place! :thumbs

If they don't have a stable internet connection, then they won't be able to install it will they? The way steam works will require not only an internet connection, but also some downloads to go along with the install (in this case probably the latest patch). I guess it'll save on the size of the download, but a download is most definitely still needed.

The download will be a lot smaller and also the DRM is not a massive handshake, just a few bytes.

----------

almighty tweaking hell Big Ant you lazy bunch of Fegans!

(am I doing it right?)

:cheers

It's like I'm seeing double!! Definitely get you a ticket into the blind-man-clan for sure.

A week more :(. Probably for the best though. I hope it goes through this time. Keep up the good work. You guys are amazing. :thumbs

We've hit a problem with the online tournaments and have to resubmit tonight :(

This will delay patch#2 by a week (longer if another issue is found by MS/Sony).

Sorry guys, all our fault :(

PS: This does not delay PC at all.

Ross, I have never seen such dedication by developers to make a game better and give a better game to the people who plays it, Not even the great "Fifa and EA" does that. I must say thank you you guys are doing a great job, I have been between a rock and a hard place which game is the best ever game for me, DB or Brain Lara 99, but I have realised this game is the greatest game I have ever played in my 22 years of playing games.!:cheers

@Ross I long for the day we can press together our hot steamy bodies, and for your luscious lips to grace my cold lonely skin.

Like this one @zombieian?

Love you too <3

ps:zombie you got the post you deserved

Users who are viewing this thread