Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

I cannot remember if they said we will be getting more slip catches in patch 2 including off your spinners and that there would be more edges.

I cannot remember if they said we will be getting more slip catches in patch 2 including off your spinners and that there would be more edges.

Big Ant did say they are balancing the difficulty between batting and bowling by making bowling harder and batting a tad easier. It would be quite difficult to make batting easier by adding more edges so I'm assuming they would add more variety to edges & catches instead of introducing more edges while batting.

13/06.... almost 10 days more :noway

Big Ant did say they are balancing the difficulty between batting and bowling by making bowling harder and batting a tad easier. It would be quite difficult to make batting easier by adding more edges so I'm assuming they would add more variety to edges & catches instead of introducing more edges while batting.

They need to adding more edges and variety of edges for AI batting, not human

They need to adding more edges and variety of edges for AI batting, not human

They are adding more edges and variety for AI batting, but also need to add variety for human batting. Currently all the edges when you bat go to keepers resulting in you getting dismissed. If some of those edges go to slips or gully, it will add variety making the game more realistic as well as reduce no. of dismissals resulting in an easier batting experience.

Last edited:
The "Edges" based on my complete-lack-of-games-developer-knowledge-or-experience-so-I'm-clearly-qualified-to-judge-this qualifier, is simply down to ball-speed off the bat. Much like the over-powered fielding issue being related to this bit of the game, I think you'll see more "loopy" edges going wide of slips and the like, once the ball-speed from the bat issue is worked out, which they're already patching in a week or so... lets wait to see how that tweak has worked out before we crucify them further on edges. Zim's right as per regarding AI-Edges need to be a little more frequent, rather than player-edges.

Ill gladly be called a fanboy of this game as this is the best game I have played.

This guy gets it.

Great last few pages of posts by all concerned...

Agreed. ...and I'm not even involved. Zomby's off his meds again.

Let's try and be a little more sophisticated on here

Classic n00b.

...right, am I caught up now? Doesn't look like I've been missing much as of late. Is @MattW still awesome?

Agreed. ...and I'm not even involved. Zomby's off his meds again.

Now what have I done? :)

If the edges are increased it will make now difference if the ball doesn't carry to the slips and keeper.
I don't know if it my imagination but when the opposition is fielding, the keeper seems a lot closer to the stumps than when I field, and the ball always seems to carry. On occasions the opposition keeper takes the ball at over head height. That never happens when I am fielding.

Last edited:
like I've said before, it's not just for realism, the whole dynamic of the match depends on edges and edges bringing the slips into play. right now if I want to get the computer out I simply put a ring round the batsman and a couple of run savers in a couple of positions. doing this means you either get maidens or wickets.

the point of edges should be to make you think when bowling "ooh er, do I try to stem the run flow or do I stick 3 slips in looking for the wicket." you should feel frustrated by run saving fielders, not threatened, and worried about slips in, not "wahey, all the fielders are in the slips, I'll just pump a load of 4s in that big gap."

We changed the physics properties of the edge of the bat and fixed the over-zealous keeper... slips are a bigger part of the game and you'll have those moments of "why didn't I have a guy there!"...

We changed the physics properties of the edge of the bat and fixed the over-zealous keeper... slips are a bigger part of the game and you'll have those moments of "why didn't I have a guy there!"...

Every last word of that makes me wish I had the patch now. It sounds brilliant.

With such big news , If I may ask what would be the estimated patch 2 size ?

20 MB or something ? :yes

WAAAT Patch not coming this weekend.

2646305_o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread