Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This game was way good but it would be better if DBC15 or Cricket15 comes soon on Next-gen Xbox one :D

geezajob

School Cricketer
This thread is (waiting for patch 2) its not ideal from big ant that you have guys on this thread talking about having patched pc versions when theres us console guys who actually paid hard earned real money for the game waiting patiently for patch 2 its sure to frustrate people but me im just jealous its would be nice to get an update on the situation.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But what difference does a few days wait make in the grand scheme of things really - absolutely nothing.

everyone will be playing patch 2 soon and this will soon be forgotten

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This thread is (waiting for patch 2) its not ideal from big ant that you have guys on this thread talking about having patched pc versions when theres us console guys who actually paid hard earned real money for the game waiting patiently for patch 2 its sure to frustrate people but me im just jealous its would be nice to get an update on the situation.

Update :Melbourne time 5:53pm

One platform pending approval...:thumbs

Last edited:
D

Dutch

I fully understand the frustration and I must admit I do feel a bit like a spoilt brat gloating over his treasures; on the other hand we are not just playing for our own enjoyment but trying to give continued feedback on the state of things and working out whether everything particurlarly online is working as it should.

I just played an online match with Matt; he is Australia somewhere and I am in Holland somewhere....worked a treat and it was a good close match with him winning off the second to last ball with a very lucky, lucky, lucky six which he somehow managed to stumble into row z.............we lost connecntion in the second over of my innings...the game asked whether we wanted to save, we did, we loaded again and carried on where we were...

The issue with the patch is not related to the PC version but it is nice to know that the patch really enhances the game and that the PC version really shines in its own right.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I fully understand the frustration and I must admit I do feel a bit like a spoilt brat gloating over his treasures; on the other hand we are not just playing for our own enjoyment but trying to give continued feedback on the state of things and working out whether everything particurlarly online is working as it should.

I just played an online match with Matt; he is Australia somewhere and I am in Holland somewhere....worked a treat and it was a good close match with him winning off the second to last ball with a very lucky, lucky, lucky six which he somehow managed to stumble into row z.............we lost connecntion in the second over of my innings...the game asked whether we wanted to save, we did, we loaded again and carried on where we were...

The issue with the patch is not related to the PC version but it is nice to know that the patch really enhances the game and that the PC version really shines in its own right.

do you know how much of the improvement is "patch 2" improvement, and how much is "PC version is better" (i.e. won't feed in to patch on console)? or should there be no difference?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
PC version is probably only different in terms of performance and appearance - a fast computer will load things up quicker and a powerful graphics card will look better. For game functionality, it's identical.

D

Dutch

do you know how much of the improvement is "patch 2" improvement, and how much is "PC version is better" (i.e. won't feed in to patch on console)? or should there be no difference?

What Matt says: I find that the details, the very fine details of the game really shine out on my computer: the state of the ball after 30 odd overs of a PRO40 game, the details on the fabric of the uniforms, etcetera etcetera.....the gameplay improvements however are across the board...

Here is a screenie of the ball after 39 overs of a PRO40.....just didnt notice this kind of detail on my PS3...................

ballstate.jpg

See the stump camera? Unbelievable details!
The crack by the players foot: the ball hit that, veered of and knocked out off stump........manic fist pump.

Here is a nice one detailing the grain of the wood in the stumps.......the crease marks in the wickies pads!!!

Stumpdetail.jpg

A few more........

Dogs chewed this one......

ballstate2.jpg

light.jpg

overview.jpg

offstumpgone.jpg

The esthetically pleasing quality of this game is absolutely beautiful. I can just imagine a few guys making some really excellent career blogs or stories with the ingame screenshots and videos. Really stunning to look at. Beautiful light and shadow play and everything just oozes gorgeousness with the antialiasing and everything switched on.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DanDango

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It doesn't have to be autosaves, it can be up to the player to make the saves themselves.

If autosaves were the way to go as well, you could run 2 rolling autosaves for each match, so if there were a power outage during the save procedure, there would be a fall back to go back to.

----------

So games should just get ruined by power outages and game crashes because they're worried about the odd cheat? What does it even matter, it's only them ruining the game for themselves.

Rolling save is nice, it help alot in football manager

----------

I am starting one - right now! However as a teaser....

As minimum every domestic league from all test playing nations
My local club team included
Every state/county batsman and bowlers individual animation in game

Sorry for all this - bit bored

Good luck with the south africa domestic leagues. 2 first class leagues and 2 list A leagues and 2 T20 leagues. 6 team is top first class league and at one point 21 teams in 2de first class league and its 3 day not 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread