Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

have @MattW @Dutch or any of the others with the PC pre-release version confirmed if there is a noticeable improvement in AI field-settings?

just playing a casual test match vs AI on veteran, and it really jumps out at you how poor the AI fields are

1 thing i didnt like is i got to be the captain of a league team for t20..
but theres hardly i can do with captaincy..actually nothing..
no batting line up changes.. no choosing bowlers.. and so on...

am i missing somethin or it is like this..

no dude you can give bowl to anybody to whom you like to give and batting also .u can change the fielding also.

Ishould have mentioned that I know the guys who have the beta know doubt have bought the game my point I made earlier was that the conversation about the pc version was better kept to the pc thread and that I was curious if there had been anymore news I know the work that goes into making these things happen is mind blowing I was not having a go at anyone or having a dig in fact whe I got my ps4 I got rid of my ps3 then bought another just to play this game I love the game thats why im on this forum! I think some of the abuse has been out of order but there is keyboard gangsters on every forum! Then theres been some of the fanboys who have behaved just as bad.
The thing is I want to play the game at its best and was wondering if there had been any news if not I will wait patiently but as a customer im demanding but certainly not unreasonable!

have @MattW @Dutch or any of the others with the PC pre-release version confirmed if there is a noticeable improvement in AI field-settings?
Zim will be the best one to answer as he's the fielding positions nut around here, but 'slight' would be about the strongest word I'd put in front of improvement.

The worst case example - playing as a career player in a T20 - I bowled the second last over and left 9 runs required, so wanted to see the over play out. Following a four and a single, the AI captain decided to put in 3 slips with 3 runs required. The four they got off the next ball went right past me.

AI approaches to setting fields and responding to the match situation - particularly when it comes to short forms of the game, needs the most work of any aspect of the game I'd say.

IshouldhavementionedthatIknowtheguyswhohavethebetaknowdoubthaveboughtthegamemypointImadeearlierwasthattheconversationaboutthepcversionwasbetterkepttothepcthreadandthatIwascuriousiftherehadbeenanymorenewsIknowtheworkthatgoesintomakingthesethingshappenismindblowingIwasnothavingagoatanyoneorhavingadiginfactwheIgotmyps4Igotridofmyps3thenboughtanotherjusttoplaythisgameIlovethegamethatswhyimonthisforum!Ithinksomeoftheabusehasbeenoutoforderbutthereiskeyboardgangstersoneveryforum!Thentheresbeensomeofthefanboyswhohavebehavedjustasbad.ThethingisIwanttoplaythegameatitsbestandwaswonderingiftherehadbeenanynewsifnotIwillwaitpatientlybutasacustomerimdemandingbutcertainlynotunreasonable!

I saw what it looked like you were trying to achieve with your post and thought I'd like to help out. There's an ultimate version of your post quoted above. No thanks needed. :)

Zim will be the best one to answer as he's the fielding positions nut around here, but 'slight' would be about the strongest word I'd put in front of improvement.

The worst case example - playing as a career player in a T20 - I bowled the second last over and left 9 runs required, so wanted to see the over play out. Following a four and a single, the AI captain decided to put in 3 slips with 3 runs required. The four they got off the next ball went right past me.

AI approaches to setting fields and responding to the match situation - particularly when it comes to short forms of the game, needs the most work of any aspect of the game I'd say.

that's really disappointing, actually. I played earlier today for the first time in a while, and the AI fields just jumped out at me immediately as horrible.

i'd forgotten how bad, to be honest, because in career mode they tend to use my own custom field against me. but this was a casual test match, veteran level, and they were using "their" field. they're shocking, they set fields that never have, and never will be seen on a cricket field. i'd love to know how they got this area so wrong. i really hope it's resolved.

if they were releasing DBC15 today, I wouldn't buy it until i heard that the field setting was fixed. it's utterly immersion breaking.

that's really disappointing, actually. I played earlier today for the first time in a while, and the AI fields just jumped out at me immediately as horrible.

i'd forgotten how bad, to be honest, because in career mode they tend to use my own custom field against me. but this was a casual test match, veteran level, and they were using "their" field. they're shocking, they set fields that never have, and never will be seen on a cricket field. i'd love to know how they got this area so wrong. i really hope it's resolved.

if they were releasing DBC15 today, I wouldn't buy it until i heard that the field setting was fixed. it's utterly immersion breaking.

To be honest Johnson failing to break 130 km/h after 5 overs is a bit harder to deal with, as is most wickets being clean bowled with the bat over their head or cooly hit straight to a fielder. The patch, if it's everything that has been suggested, it will do a lot to fix some massive issues. With patch 3 in the works too, they'll have a chance to fix up such issues, and with the PC platform allowing for easier patching, they should be able to test changes to fielding quicker before roll outs on the dinosaurs consoles.

To be honest Johnson failing to break 130 km/h after 5 overs is a bit harder to deal with, as is most wickets being clean bowled with the bat over their head or cooly hit straight to a fielder. The patch, if it's everything that has been suggested, it will do a lot to fix some massive issues. With patch 3 in the works too, they'll have a chance to fix up such issues, and with the PC platform allowing for easier patching, they should be able to test changes to fielding quicker before roll outs on the dinosaurs consoles.

well yes and no... at the end of the day, there's no point in them fixing the stamina to maintain bowling speed, and tweaking whatever needs to be tweaked to get more edges, if the AI captain sets no slips, a silly mid-on and silly mid-off, a mid-on and mid-off, an extra cover, a deep extra cover, cover, deep point, square leg and fine leg, as i faced in the first over of my test.

the AI field-setting is 100% immersion breaking, it's close to game-breaking. i'd rather the 2nd patch come at the end of july and fix that, than wait for a 3rd patch that presumably will be some time away.

Ishould have mentioned that I know the guys who have the beta know doubt have bought the game my point I made earlier was that the conversation about the pc version was better kept to the pc thread and that I was curious if there had been anymore news I know the work that goes into making these things happen is mind blowing I was not having a go at anyone or having a dig in fact whe I got my ps4 I got rid of my ps3 then bought another just to play this game I love the game thats why im on this forum! I think some of the abuse has been out of order but there is keyboard gangsters on every forum! Then theres been some of the fanboys who have behaved just as bad.
The thing is I want to play the game at its best and was wondering if there had been any news if not I will wait patiently but as a customer im demanding but certainly not unreasonable!

I found my English tutor after an adventurous search

Do I have to change my power glasses :(. I cannot see even a single full stop in this post :eek:. Finally found one after reading it three times :lol. May be i would have missed it in the crowd before

Last edited:
Matt's post about the fielding bit is a big put off for me. I was looking forward to some matches against AI but it looks likely to be a lame exercise taking in view the idiotic field setting. Well I hope patch 3 focuses on this aspect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread