Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Glad to be of service, im just one walking sterotype of glaswegian/ serbian heritage who loves cricket!
I think wegie is a derogatory term used by posh people from edinburgh to describe good hardworking people like myself!

weegie is a derogatory term used by anybody in Edinburgh about anybody from Glasgow or surrounds , regardless of class.

Some new screenshots: I want to post a video or two but it takes so long on youtube to upload and everything and I am not handy in it. If someone can explain to a digital noob like me how I can capture a video in FRAPS in a file type that is easy to upload I will see what I can do....I really would love to show off the details in the game with a few nice high quality vids....but dont know how!:eek::rolleyes:p:facepalm

Thus so.....

Jimmy has got the new ball..................

NiceShinyCherry.jpg

CutorDie.jpg

JimmyBall.jpg

Glad to be of service, im just one walking sterotype of glaswegian/ serbian heritage who loves cricket!
I think wegie is a derogatory term used by posh people from edinburgh to describe good hardworking people like myself!

As far as I'm concerned; the more Scots the better. Even Glaswegians.
I know Glasgow well; did my postgrad there.

----------

weegie is a derogatory term used by anybody in Edinburgh about anybody from Glasgow or surrounds , regardless of class.

We basically use it for anyone west of Livingston...
I'd describe it as affectionate rather than derogatory though. :D

So patch 3...

Grammar Nazi called, they said they wanted their thread back...

it would have been so funny if you'd deliberately got at least one there/their wrong.

----------

@Dutch do you agree with @MattW that there isn't much change in patch 2 in regards to better AI field-setting - or maybe @Biggs has a view?

Just a note for all those who really struggle with career mode batting: you will love the fact that you can now play on amateur and just get some runs...nothing mad or too exaggerated but it does feel nice to get some nice scores in.

I really struggle with batting and am now in a career on amateur and it is so much more enjoyable...you will still get out if you do stupid things but you can now beat the field and get your one and twos and some boundaries....it is more gamey as it were but it means you can step up sometime when it gets too easy and not have to destroy your controller by chucking it at the dog every time...the dog is happy too I notice.....

Last edited by a moderator:
it would have been so funny if you'd deliberately got at least one there/their wrong.

----------

@Dutch do you agree with @MattW that there isn't much change in patch 2 in regards to better AI field-setting - or maybe @Biggs has a view?

Well my first impressions are that AI set better fields than previously. They will start a new ball attack with three slips and a gully and be more conservative in ODI and T20...they still do irrational things and it is an area that can be improved on in the future.....having said that the things that have been improved make for such a more satisfying experience that it is not a gamebreaker by any means at all and there is so much to enjoy about this game that it doesnt notice, not for me anyway...........we are going to need clever folks here to find ways of modding fields and AI tactics.........overal I would disagree with Matt's view that things have been only slightly improved as I see plenty of areas where things are radically different and better for it....everything flows better, less disjointed as before......things have been tightened in all three areas of the game and each area is more "aware" of the other area.....we just have to really enjoy what we have because what we had before this game was utter shite and this is a quantum leap forward.....I just imagine the next version of this game and we will be there....the ultimate, most absorbing cricket game ever....we are nearly there but not quite....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my first impressions are that AI set better fields than previously. They will start a new ball attack with three slips and a gully and be more conservative in ODI and T20...they still do irrational things and it is an area that can be improved on in the future.....having said that the things that have been improved make for such a more satisfying experience that it is not a gamebreaker by any means at all and there is so much to enjoy about this game that it doesnt notice, not for me anyway...........we are going to need clever folks here to find ways of modding fields and AI tactics.........overal I would disagree with Matt's view that things have been only slightly improved as I see plenty of areas where things are radically different and better for it....everything flows better, less disjointed as before......things have been tightened in all three areas of the game and each area is more "aware" of the other area.....we just have to really enjoy what we have because what we had before this game was utter shite and this is a quantum leap forward.....I just imagine the next version of this game and we will be there....the ultimate, most absorbing cricket game ever....we are nearly there but not quite....

Well Dutch if what u say is true of all the little changes that's more than enough for me to still call this the best cricket game ever and it's their 1st attempt.

Patch 3 will just be a bonus!

sounds much better... cheers. looking forward to it.

sounds much better... cheers. looking forward to it.

Another area that has noticebly been improved is AI batting.....playing a FC game they are much more conservative, looking to play in gaps rather than go over the top and generally seem more aware of the whole match situation...players come in and dont jsut whack everything over mid-on....they take their time and you really feel you are batting in partnership and not just the AI thinking "sod it, fish fingers for tea and I need to get home....."

Haven't done too much bowling yet but it is definitely harder to get wickets although spin seems still easier than fast or medium......but not so easy as before.....

The great Yodas dislike for grammar and it's protectors justifies all grammatical mistakes ever made on the interweb

grammar21o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread