Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Another area that has noticebly been improved is AI batting.....playing a FC game they are much more conservative, looking to play in gaps rather than go over the top and generally seem more aware of the whole match situation...players come in and dont jsut whack everything over mid-on....they take their time and you really feel you are batting in partnership and not just the AI thinking "sod it, fish fingers for tea and I need to get home....."

Haven't done too much bowling yet but it is definitely harder to get wickets although spin seems still easier than fast or medium......but not so easy as before.....

Hey Dutch just wanted to know is batting on Pro or Veteran still the same (exactly the same) in difficulty or because of better or let's say more realistic field settings batting gets easier?

Look it takes a while to get use to batting on Pro in career mode but once u get the hang of it you do get those half centuries and the odd century , what I hate in the game is the step of going from Pro to your National side and all the sudden you can't face anything! I mean I can bat well on Pro in career now if FC but not being able to defend/block some balls to build up some confidence is just ridiculous and also after u eventually build up to half way u drive ur 1st ball and it goes aerial 90% of the time. It KILLS me man! I know it a about timing but goodness dude!

I think they should make it more that ur confidence level is ur Pro/Veteran difficulty If u get what I'm saying.........

where if u come in of course NO Confidence and u shouldn't be driving good length balls and block it out a over or three. And if ur confidence builds up well u should be able to do very well till u get hit by a bouncer and then u should be back almost where u started by defending and taking it easy.

For me at the moment it's just to a ridiculous jump of more impossible than really a slight more difficult level of batting with I hate.

What do u think?

Matt is the ball shine diminishing after 50 odd overs atleast. What about AI aggressive slogging in tests?

when can we expect the patch??? really wanna play career mode.. but on lower difficulty....

also will playing career on lower difficulty still get me the trophies???

Same. I love realism in video games but at first I need to play career on Rookie a few times before stepping up to Amateur. Rookie and Amateur careers do not count towards leaderboards.

Lower difficulty careers is the best feature about patch 2 in my opinion. Looking forward to it.

Same. I love realism in video games but at first I need to play career on Rookie a few times before stepping up to Amateur. Rookie and Amateur careers do not count towards leaderboards.

Lower difficulty careers is the best feature about patch 2 in my opinion. Looking forward to it.

I also quite like the idea of starting the career mode at a different age. I was honestly going to pop on here the other day to ask about the possibility of that being added in future. Just sitting here now eagerly anticipating for whenever the patch comes out.

Good work though guys.

@Dutch do you agree with @MattW that there isn't much change in patch 2 in regards to better AI field-setting - or maybe @Biggs has a view?

I plead the 5th on the field sets, I don't think I've played enough to warrant comment on it, because I've mostly been playing short-matches to see the batting/replay tweaks and three online matches with Matt. Going to try to get online today to have a longer match with Dutch or Matt if they're around.

But my initial impression is not much has changed, you're still getting in-close fielders in limited overs matches, although the two-fielders-down-the-ground bug has gone and you're not getting 7 players on the legside as you were before. So it's improved, I don't think it's fixed.

----------

Hey Dutch just wanted to know is batting on Pro or Veteran still the same (exactly the same) in difficulty or because of better or let's say more realistic field settings batting gets easier?

PRO is tweaked to be more positive, if that makes sense. You can push to score and take more chances with bigger shots because ball-speed has been tweaked and the fielders are less like to leap 2 metres in the air, like before. Fielding on the boundary line therefore gets you cooler animations from the fielders because they're diving around (as they would in reality) rather than a fielder taking a ridiculous catch at mid-on.

So basically, batting is more "positive" in PRO mode. That being said, haven't batted at all in career mode so I don't know how that transfers to that section of the game, but in the arcade "quick" matches and online, the fielding is toned down and you're getting a more responsive batting experience that's more fun than the hard-graft it was in PRO before.

You're not going to be scoring 50's every match, but by the same account you're not going to be getting caught out on a full-blooded drive down the ground that's half an inch of the ground anymore. It's much easier to "hit the gaps" and my PC controller seems more responsive to picking those, rather than my PS3 controller - so that could be a hardware change, so will have to wait until the PS3 patch hits to see whether that is a tweak in Patch 2.

Last edited:
@Dutch, @Biggs,
Matt mentioned there are more edges post patch 2 compared to before. Wouldn't more edges lead to a more difficult batting experience? So far I'm not able to figure out how batting is easier even though thre are more edges. Would be great if you guys can elaborate a bit on more edges yet an easier batting experience.

with regards to the fielding

when i come in @ number 3 with ZERO runs, the AI puts fielders on the boundary, nothing in close. then i take a single and then my AI partner is on 121, with 3 slips and a gully

does this continue in the 2nd patch?

Patch passed one platform holder (as previously announced) however has failed the other one due to a scenario where if patching while half way through a match in career mode there is an opportunity for the save file to corrupt and not be readable.

This bug appears to be on both platforms, so regardless of the one platform pass we cannot let this potential issue into the wild. We are to resubmit to both platform as soon as possible.

Patch passed one platform holder (as previously announced) however has failed the other one due to a scenario where if patching while half way through a match in career mode there is an opportunity for the save file to corrupt and not be readable.

This bug appears to be on both platforms, so regardless of the one platform pass we cannot let this potential issue into the wild. We are to resubmit to both platform as soon as possible.

Good rigorous testing from one platform then. Any chance of any slightly newer features in the patch upon resubmission or is this an issue fix only situation?

Also, just wondering, is it starting to seem likely that our PC mates will be playing their Patch 2 version before console now?

Yeah, I'd say there was a cricket fan in one of the testing groups as this was a hard to find bug that was in career.

Only this fix will be done, I really want it back in there asap.

I think patch#2 will go out before the PC version but I've obviously misjudged this before :(

----------

*cue unnecessary shit storm*

I'd prefer whatever is to come than what I would have received had career modes been trashed.

Yeah, I'd say there was a cricket fan in one of the testing groups as this was a hard to find bug that was in career.

Only this fix will be done, I really want it back in there asap.

I think patch#2 will go out before the PC version but I've obviously misjudged this before :(

Ah well.. thanks for the update. Looking forward to the PC version next week.

Regards.

Here is a screenie of the ball after 39 overs of a PRO40.....just didnt notice this kind of detail on my PS3...................

The esthetically pleasing quality of this game is absolutely beautiful. I can just imagine a few guys making some really excellent career blogs or stories with the ingame screenshots and videos. Really stunning to look at. Beautiful light and shadow play and everything just oozes gorgeousness with the antialiasing and everything switched on.....

And when someone again asks me why I'd prefer to play this on PC rather than Console.. I will just point your post and smile.

Though, that said, they are also altering the career mode to add two levels of difficulty increase - with someone starting on Pro eventually ending up at Legend, unlike only going to Veteran at the moment.

Obviously, the logic is that once you've played the career long enough to get all those promotions in difficulty you'll be good at the game and be able to play at the highest difficulty - at least now you still have the bowling assists on the higher levels, but batting would be impossible for many up that high. I think it's a bad change, as the difficulty curve with batting still seems a bit too strong compared to bowling, with no assists/feedback.

So, keep that in mind, you might want to start on Amateur on that basis, even if it makes the initial bit of your career a bit too easy.

Citation.

This is quite interesting I wonder how it will affect people a few years into career. I'm year three stats for batting still aren't great but doing better than I was but because of my bowling 'prowess' I'm now sitting in all three international teams. Wonder If the net improvements in terms of difficulty for me will be offset by the increase in difficulty ramp (ie to legend etc). Will it wind up being just as hard? Maybe I'll end up getting dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread