Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Hey@bigant,just downloaded an update for pc this morning,what was in the update if you don't mind me asking?

Mate, I have those moments and I've said as much on here.

We made choices with the resources, we could have put less stuff in and then we'd have fewer issues for sure. We tend to run everything to the wire and get as much in as we can - bumpy in the short term but better in the long term.

They are just observations Ross, not criticisms.
I play the game every day and I like it very much. Much of what people are complaining about doesn't affect me in any case because I normally play on casual 20/20 mode.
Do you wish that you had gone down the 'early access' route as they are doing in 'The Golf Club'?

They are just observations Ross, not criticisms.
I play the game every day and I like it very much. Much of what people are complaining about doesn't affect me in any case because I normally play on casual 20/20 mode.
Do you wish that you had gone down the 'early access' route as they are doing in 'The Golf Club'?

We've had quite a few people play the game as a Beta and no one had the issues found today.

We didn't have the opportunity to do an early access unless we delayed the game to accommodate that timeline.

I guess it's the criticisms of the posters that's annoying, the "surely you can't think X". I think most on here accept the game has bugs, including myself, and most also think that the major ones will get fixed.

I dont really care for the sour comments posted.... This is the best cricket game you will find anywhere in the world, WELL DONE BA!

Hey the pc version of the game is much better than the xbox btw,dont know if its with the new patch but online is much smoother.
I am over the moon my pc with its nvidia 9600 gt can play the game with its 500mb of memory,just saved me an upgrade.
But i am confused how i can play it and the game still looks good visually.
Anyone any ideas?

what was in the update if you don't mind me asking?
fix of for crashes for people who had them, also added a cool option of pause in the game showing weather and conditions at start, can be more but these are the ones i know.these guys are awesome.

We've had quite a few people play the game as a Beta and no one had the issues found today.

We didn't have the opportunity to do an early access unless we delayed the game to accommodate that timeline.

I guess it's the criticisms of the posters that's annoying, the "surely you can't think X". I think most on here accept the game has bugs, including myself, and most also think that the major ones will get fixed.

The released version is absolutely fantastic. Well worth the wait.

I'm just hoping they don't get flooded by individual bugs (like my issue with not being able to play casual matches), because if they can muster this after 2 patches, it's hard to imagine how good the game could be after 3.

My "you had me at Me Me" joke was bizzarely deleted by @barmyarmy so for the interests of posterity and my personal biography being ghost-written by @ethybubs I'll just "Chris Gayle" it down here.

Don't worry that's being edited in as we speak/type/communicate via telepathic warthogs (are you sure I am the best person to be your writer?).

fix of for crashes for people who had them, also added a cool option of pause in the game showing weather and conditions at start, can be more but these are the ones i know.these guys are awesome.

and the modding update so it's "live"

oh.... and thanks :)

Um, hold the phone there big guy. He's totally allowed his batshit insane opinion... it's just that it's batshit insane. The game was finished, had a few niggles, been ironed out... no muss no fuss. It's going to be one of those weeks on the ol' PlanetCricket...

Yeah, nah - one is only actually entitled to hold an opinion that one can defend.

His opinion is prima facie indefensible through pure logic (the game is clearly finished, because unfinished code doesn't compile), which means we must be looking for some authority to enable him to hold the opinion he holds.

If he was a software developer, tester or possibly a COSC graduate not working in the field, he'd be entitled to hold the opinion. He'd still be wrong, but at least he'd have the authority to be wrong.

----------

Oh, come on @Biggs. Even you must have had one or two,'how the hell did the play testers miss that one?' moments.
I guess the game that we get after patch 3 will be the one that we all wanted and paid for.

Play testing in this environment isn't what you think it is. It's generally not going to be someone sitting down playing the game for hours - that's simply not how testing works.

It is, however, how most people without a clue about development think it works.

Often bugs "show up" in the first week after release simply because of the number of person-hours put into playing the game. There's not a software company on the planet that can actually afford to spend the kind of money required to get that kind of testing.

That doesn't mean the testers aren't doing their jobs. It means their jobs are way harder than you think.

@Ross

I don't know if it's been fixed in patch 2, looking at the list I can't see it... but...

When being bowled by spin the bails don't seem to come off cleanly. I'll see if I can grab a recording of what I mean next time it happens. Same thing occasionally happens when a direct hit is made for a runout. The bails should bounce off, but you can barely see them tumble.

Ignore this if it's been sorted, but i'll post a video when I next see it.

You bought the game .

This takes me back to my comments re:AC13 - no one is forced to buy this game so if you choose to buy the game without checking reviews from trusted members here/other websites etc, then its at your own risk.

Load of bugs/issues you don't like?: then as long as they are not deemed unfit for purpose (Chief did a good post on this somewhere) then tough luck quite frankly. Wait before buying next time

These comments split the community when referenced to AC13, and no doubt will do so again......

. We tend to run everything to the wire and get as much in as we can - bumpy in the short term but better in the long term.

This game is my first interaction with BA and whilst maybe a bit sceptical at first they have backed up their words with action - 2 patches as promised with a 3rd one potentially on the way :thumbs

Sorry, one other small thing...

Would it be possible to have an option in the Academy to remove players glasses when bowling?

Users who are viewing this thread