Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

This game was touted before release with the tagline "Its Cricket, like you've never seen before".
It has certainly delivered on that promise.

Given out caught off a free hit.
Given out caught from a rolling ball.
Bowlers that field off their own bowling like a brick wall.
Run outs after grounding bat.
Run out after batsmen dont put bat over crease line when turning back.
Batsmen diving at both ends of the pitch when diving to avoid run out.
Ridiculous field placements for any format. (Mid-on, Deep mid-on & long-on all at once)
Test field placements for one day format and vice versa.
Fielders that run, dive and catch like the supermen.
Batting partners in career mode that play with ridiculous overly aggressive mindset.

Yes. This is cricket like I've never seen before.

We could go on but surely this is enough to illustrate.

And surely enough to get the fanboys started.
Now lets count how many times "Its still the best cricket game ever made" gets thrown around and how we should just be grateful that BA even made a cricket game. Gratitude is to be shown for something that is done as a favour. There has been no favours here. We have paid for this game. A game that should never have been released with so many fundamental cricketing issues.

This has realistically turned into a pre-order like situation. We promise "Cricket like you've never seen before", pay up front and get what we have half finished and at some later stage we might fix all the issues that we know are there.

This is just stating (mostly) the facts, but in a cynical way, written to get a reaction.
This post annoys me as much as one posted by a so called fanboy. This guy only sees the bad points, a fanboy only sees the good ones. Neither is balanced.

Last edited:
does me me laugh how we are supposed to be grateful to big ant for paying full price for a game that was clearly unfinished and now grateful again while we wait for them to fix it.
how about them apologizing to us who paid good money for releasing a game so full of bugs and that was so obviously not play tested enough.
bet we don't get one.

Um, hold the phone there big guy. He's totally allowed his batshit insane opinion... it's just that it's batshit insane. The game was finished, had a few niggles, been ironed out... no muss no fuss. It's going to be one of those weeks on the ol' PlanetCricket...

EDIT:

My "you had me at Me Me" joke was bizzarely deleted by @barmyarmy so for the interests of posterity and my personal biography being ghost-written by @ethybubs I'll just "Chris Gayle" it down here.

Last edited:
does me me laugh how we are supposed to be grateful to big ant for paying full price for a game that was clearly unfinished and now grateful again while we wait for them to fix it.
You don't have to be 'grateful' for anything. But I certainly appreciate a developer that has this level of consumer interaction, and I appreciate how quickly that they have moved to respond to problems found.

You bought the game - they have your money, they could just take it, not do anything and then come back next year and ask you for more - and you'd pay it because what choice do you have if you want a cricket game. That's certainly how cricket game developers have treated this community in the past.

So yeah, I'm going to keep being grateful to Big Ant. I don't have to be, I choose to be. I'm sure I speak for many others.

Um, hold the phone there big guy. He's totally allowed his batshit insane opinion... it's just that it's batshit insane. The game was finished, had a few niggles, been ironed out... no muss no fuss. It's going to be one of those weeks on the ol' PlanetCricket...

EDIT:

My "you had me at Me Me" joke was bizzarely deleted by @barmyarmy so for the interests of posterity and my personal biography being ghost-written by @ethybubs I'll just "Chris Gayle" it down here.

Oh, come on @Biggs. Even you must have had one or two,'how the hell did the play testers miss that one?' moments.
I guess the game that we get after patch 3 will be the one that we all wanted and paid for.

How hard is it to wait and just play the game how it is
Its great they are giving it a polish its more than I've ever seen in any other game

The ones complaining properly still think batting is too hard haha :lol

Oh, come on @Biggs. Even you must have had one or two,'how the hell did the play testers miss that one?' moments.

Of course I have, the difference is they keep showing up here every damn day to please us, get it right, fix what's broken and tolerate the bullshit about whats not. They're actively engaging every single person here and listening to feedback and ajusting accordingly. The game isn't "finished" because we're pushing the very concept of a completed game, challenging them while they're tweaking and coming up with new ideas, fixes, camera angles, animation tweaks and a whole bunch of other shit in this second patch. I mean, fearsome tweak, they've JUST pushed out a patch only a few minutes ago on steam to correct a small number of users experiencing a crash error! What more do you want?

Get some perspective. Saying shit like "get what we paid for" is simply ridiculous and I struggle to take you seriously at the best of times, so you're finding new ways to come across as utterly irrelevant.

Still struggling to figure out why some individuals seem to think any game, let alone this game, is going to be bug free when they buy it.

Last edited:
I guess the game that we get after patch 3 will be the one that we all wanted and paid for.

Mate, I have those moments and I've said as much on here.

We made choices with the resources, we could have put less stuff in and then we'd have fewer issues for sure. We tend to run everything to the wire and get as much in as we can - bumpy in the short term but better in the long term.

Of course I have, the difference is they keep showing up here every damn day to please us, get it right, fix what's broken and tolerate the bullshit about whats not. They're actively engaging every single person here and listening to feedback and ajusting accordingly. The game isn't "finished" because we're pushing the very concept of a completed game, challenging them while they're tweaking and coming up with new ideas, fixes, camera angles, animation tweaks and a whole bunch of other shit in this second patch. I mean, almighty tweak, they've JUST pushed out a patch only a few minutes ago on steam to correct a small number of users experiencing a crash error! What more do you want?

Get some perspective. Saying shit like "get what we paid for" is simply ridiculous and I struggle to take you seriously at the best of times, so you're finding new ways to come across as utterly irrelevant.

You struggle to take anyone seriously who doesn't agree 100% with your opinion. As always, you take my comments as though they are a personal insult and completely the wrong way. They were intended as comments of the original product not the fantastic level of support by BA since then.
As for irrelevance, most of your attempts at witty comments are 'irrelevant'.

BTW we worked around the clock *before* we had your money and still are after.

Some people think I'm a bit full on here, picture Gordon Ramsay to the power of infinity - It's not happy days in the QA dept at Big Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread