Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

AL_Amin

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good stuff. Looking forward to going back into career mode again after a bit of layoff.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
My dad will love the leave button, it's annoyed him a fair bit in matches.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good stuff looking fwd to patch 2 I hope it comes soon.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great work BA! The amount of work you have put in is tremendous. Mind you, this is a excellent base for future financially successful iterations of this legendary game.

Don Bradman would be proud to have been associated with you.

Pat

International Coach
My dad will love the leave button, it's annoyed him a fair bit in matches.

For me, using a face button (A) will make it even more difficult to leave balls purely on merit. I usually keep my thumbs on left / right stick and fingers on triggers. Having a separate button would mean I have to pre-meditate a leave instead of choosing it after seeing where the ball is going. Granted - even the earlier system for leaving was difficult. Apart from this, all other changes look great and I feel it will be a very different game post patch #2 .

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Thank you so much for all fixes and additions. Especially leave button.

Now I can play a long innings with low s/r. :D

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Wow. Brilliant patch it seems. You've outdone yourself, @Ross.

- Five/Five is now default online Quick Match type.
This is good I think. Although 10-10 is fun, it just drags on if you don't want to dedicate 90 minutes+ to playing. Five/Five sounds good for a quick match.

I agree, but for me the biggest leave-related problem is accidentally leaving the ball when I mean to play a shot.

Maybe this is a 360-only issue, but the joystick press is easy to do accidentally. I think that adding these buttons is great, but does it mean you can turn off the R3 leave button? It'd not make sense having both.
Oddly, this has never happened to me. Then again, I've only ever used the leave button twice anyway.

ellgieff

Club Captain
Leave button - good call.

I thought that. Then I realised that my thumb was busy on the stick, so I don't know how I'll ever use the leave button.

Reading through the other comments, I have a similar problem to others, leaving when I don't mean to because I clutch the controller in excitement.

/me needs to relax more when playing.

*edit* does patch notes mean the patch has been submitted? Big yay if that's the case!

*edit2* /me reads more of the thread. It does mean submitted. BIG YAY!

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Finally a button for leave, been asking since Nets came out. Also with the rest of the amazing additions and much needed fixes, I can't wait for Jun 26 :D

" - Stats now accrue for players in career. "

Does that mean NPC/teammates accumulate?

sukhish

School Cricketer
Wow... I am completely blown away for all the changes and updates, almost covers everything! It's simply amazing... Thanks a ton @Ross, you guys are living legends... Can't wait for the patch to go live. Cheers! :)

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Thanks ross and your team for all the hard work u and your team have gone through to do this making the game even better. I don't mean to pressure you but will there be a stats update in competition/tour mode I mean during a 2,3,4,5 test series or a ODI or t20 for instance I score 150 for David Warner in the first innings then if I bat again in the 2nd innings when I walk out to bat can that be added on to his stats so that it seen on the screen, I hope this make sense will it be possible for patch 3 many thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread