Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Definitely seeing increased stuttering on mine.

I've found it happening when crossing during running. When the umpire is signalling and occassionally when bowling spin. The last of those is the only really annoying one as it can make it much harder to nail the spin and timing.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Patch downloaded fine but career now "stuck' when u save it. Just seems to hang. A shame really.

Same here mate. Started new career, first game six wickets including 3 caught behinds then game freezes and hangs when saving. Gutted.

AdamFreeman

School Cricketer
think I'm going to deleted patch 2, sometimes the games okay and the next time I come on theres crashes, stutters that were never there. I think patch has made the game less playable :/

This is on xbox and my friend has a Ps3 and it was even worse :S

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey Big Ant's awesome Cricket game, the best ever. I installed the patch on my game and played it tonight. Gameplay wise the CPU is a lot smarter. It bats in a controlled way and is a lot harder to get out in T20 games on amateur but you can still get them out.

I heard the run out issue was fixed, I also play Test Matches but I havent in a week or so, so I will have to play another soon to judge that one for myself.

Now onto my main point. Patch 3 for Xbox360 and all systems. What I feel we need is actually nothing to do with gameplay. The game plays fine, even more so after the patch 2.0.

What I feel we need are more stadiums!. Each Test nation should have at least 2 stadium, Pakistan have just one for Lahore. That's ok but its just bit annoying having to do 1st Test and 2nd Test at same venue. I could change it to like Melbourne but I wanted the tour to stay within Pakistan.

Also maybe a few more icons and emblems, the selection is very solid but a new batch would be cool to avoid so many teams I download having same crown shield icon or something like that.

That's my suggestions, if the stadium one is not possible, its fine, but hopefully the emblem one will be.

My only other issue would be, if I wanted to do a 2007 ICC Cricket ODI World Cup, in West Indies I can't do that due to the game not allowing me to choose a host for a competition of that nature, it does in Tour Designer now thanks the upgrade today, which I appreciate but not for a competition of this format.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
What I feel we need are more stadiums!. Each Test nation should have at least 2 stadium, Pakistan have just one for Lahore. That's ok but its just bit annoying having to do 1st Test and 2nd Test at same venue. I could change it to like Melbourne but I wanted the tour to stay within Pakistan.

Also maybe a few more icons and emblems, the selection is very solid but a new batch would be cool to avoid so many teams I download having same crown shield icon or something like that.

That's my suggestions, if the stadium one is not possible, its fine, but hopefully the emblem one will be.

Please leave quietly. Do not pass Go, do not collect ?200.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
@karolkarol

I smacked 25 from 32 in the first innings, batting at 7, and got a 50 partnership, then took 3 wickets at 2.8 from 13 overs, 2 caught behind, one LBW. Had loads of close LBW and caught outs. WK dropped a dolly! (had a terrible second innings tho!). We went on to win, and now its all gone!

----------

I meant though not tho. Apologies.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
Please leave quietly. Do not pass Go, do not collect ?200.

Err no thanks. If you dislike my suggestion, then either say you dislike it, or don't comment it at all. Your comment has no relevance to the discussion.

And the very last thing on this earth, the last thing I will do is listen to you so to even suggest it, sarcastically or not was a waste of time on your part, surely something u'd known before typing, or I'd like to think you'd known.

To avoid argument, I will simply ignore puddleduck member and enjoy reading what the game experts have to say.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
haha the first wicket that I get in patch 2 in my career mode is a caught and bowled.

Not a ridiculous one though: it was a straight drive around chest high so it actually looked realistic...

yogi33

School Cricketer
Everytime you set off for a run the screen stutters until the ball is outside of the inner circle...then it is fine.

Will try and video tonight. It is only an issue for me when it pans to the shot that is roughly fixed closely to the pitch area and pans out (you see both batsmen crossing in the centre of the pitch but the ball is in the outfield ie from a leg glance or pull). I personally havent seen the issue when the camera zooms out to more of a top down view.

Samhouse

School Cricketer
I also had an issue with getting someone caught behind however no decision was given and then my team just gathered in one spot and the game was hung. I had to forfeit the match for anything to happen.

wellsy2207

School Cricketer
Great Patch Big Ant!
I reckon what we need next is that in the career mode, we could have more options in terms of what country you belong to. I know that you only have the test playing countries but you could include the others and have them playing ODI's and T20's. You could also include the World Cups, both ODI and T20.
Other than that, great patch and can't wait for the next one.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
I just took my first wicket of the innings and then got stuck on the celebration graphic. The camera didn't pan to the umpire as usual, but the team celebrated and then just stood around having a chinwag! This is the fourth time out of five attempts at playing my career that have crashed (first three were "save and exit" crashed).

Are these crashed getting sorted Ross? Its ruining, what in loads of ways is an awesome game. Thanks.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just took my first wicket of the innings and then got stuck on the celebration graphic. The camera didn't pan to the umpire as usual, but the team celebrated and then just stood around having a chinwag! This is the fourth time out of five attempts at playing my career that have crashed (first three were "save and exit" crashed).

Are these crashed getting sorted Ross? Its ruining, what in loads of ways is an awesome game. Thanks.

Which platform are you on?

Users who are viewing this thread