Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Lionden

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why isn't there an ability to be able to edit career player's kit once the career starts -,-

I am stuck with stupid glasses, my player wears em even when bowling that's pretty stupid and annoying! :(
I spent a lot of time on creating the player, editing face and stuff, it'd be a nightmare if I have to create it all over again just to remove stupid glasses.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why isn't there an ability to be able to edit career player's kit once the career starts -,-

I am stuck with stupid glasses, my player wears em even when bowling that's pretty stupid and annoying! :(
I spent a lot of time on creating the player, editing face and stuff, it'd be a nightmare if I have to create it all over again just to remove stupid glasses.

There are very good technical reasons for taking a snapshot of the career as it starts. The players are so modifiable, can be deleted, etc. that the time it would take to test every combination of these effects would be enormous - testing career mode is already a very arduous task.

We may do something in the future that allows an edit of your player only but it's not the hottest issue we have.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I started a new career but didn't realise until I got out onto the field that I was a midget.

riseinflame1

School Cricketer
someone please help.... in my selection status its shows regular member for my country's T20I... but the trophy "international stardom" hasn't unlocked... is this a bug???

sanjivcena1

School Cricketer
Can pls someone confirm whether they faced the similar issue. Changing the match start time specially a one day match..is not affecting when playing competition or tours..only casual match time changes.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
someone please help.... in my selection status its shows regular member for my country's T20I... but the trophy "international stardom" hasn't unlocked... is this a bug???
Have you actually played an international T20?

shrenik

International Coach
No. I've had edges that were 9 on the Richter scale, turning 90 degrees and silence. It's a shame because I can feel how good that would be, but it's a bit eerie.

Have you tried replacing the controller batteries? I was having a similar issue until I put the new batteries in and now I get a vibration for almost all the edges apart from the faint ones. I'm using the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

@BigAntStudios

Oscar

Club Cricketer
Sorry on mobile device can't search real well.

How do I download on ps3? Start up and it will download or do i go via ps3 shop?

What version num is it once downloaded?

grkrama

National Board President
OK. Hypothetical.

"DBC 15" Kickstarter. Tomorrow. ?75 buys you access to early builds now, and a digital console code (plus final PC build) on launch sumer next year.

How many sales do you think?

(Mods: feel free to kick this to a thread you feel more appropriate; I couldn't find a suitable one!)

That deal is tempting but unless BA have something cooking, cant see having an early access this early, also you will have to give people some time , to fully enjoy DBC14 first before dangling a new version to them.Even the core community would require say atleast around 6 months to get over DBC14, as in to get curious about dbc15.

Also if BA are having a version for WC next year(they should), a closed beta (mainly for gameplay tweaking and bug reporting ) would be more helpful than say early access right now, as i think it wont be as successful as it would have been if it had been done for the first iteration, if they are starting right now i cant see an early access model getting much revenue, so they might as well go for a closed beta.

But as ross seems to mention that PC builds havnt sold much(hope it turns around quickly), they might as well as use the platform for testing out stuff and give early access to the core community like you say, my guess would be say 4 months before the release of their next version, that way they can also get a lot of hype built up without loosing steam as well as get a lot of free marketing going on by the time they release for consoles.

Last edited:

Lionden

Club Captain
There are very good technical reasons for taking a snapshot of the career as it starts. The players are so modifiable, can be deleted, etc. that the time it would take to test every combination of these effects would be enormous - testing career mode is already a very arduous task.

We may do something in the future that allows an edit of your player only but it's not the hottest issue we have.

Totally agreed, there's a lot more important things to deal with.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...like Cheerleaders.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
One thing that does strike me as incomplete is that all the grounds seem to have the benches for the T20 style dugout - but no one sitting on them. It's the only side of that which actually makes it look like something is missing, rather than just not implemented.

maxwasim

Club Cricketer
have the shots been tweaked ?? i notice that i hv been getting out playing the pull shot far too often, wasnt the case previously.

Also, taking c&B is seeming tougher, wasnt missing even one earlier.... has that been changed?

Users who are viewing this thread