Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

while we're talking about physics (several hours ago) maybe @Ross could discuss seam movement and it's apparent absence in the game?

also... i have noticed leg-break and left-arm orthodox both move like an off-break.

I haven't noticed a lot of seam movement at all while batting however last night in a career game (4-dayer) I was out in both innings (I open) to the same bowler to deliveries that seamed their ass off.
They both pitched on about leg and moved about a bat and a half width, took the edge, just missed off stump and one was caught by the keeper and the other by slip.
I'm not sure whether conditions played a part in it or why I haven't noticed it to this degree before. Maybe it's always there but too subtle?

The answer really is to focus on the ball and not how the batsman interacts with it. I know this argument has been done to death but it's your input relative to the release of the ball, not what the batsman appears to do as a result. But I'm sure you already know this :)

The key point is going to the nets. By getting to know each delivery, you are able to learn what swing timing results in early/ideal/late timing, since you have your feedback there - just like having a coach stood by you calling you out for bad shots.

I wouldn't personally expect a HUD in matches since the matches ought to be the net result of your practice. Timing will influence the result of your shots, so if your timing is off in matches, then you haven't truly learned the timing. More time is needed in the nets - which you should be doing in between matches anyway. :)

In the nets, against medium-fast, roughly 90% of my shots are ideal timing.

In match practise, against medium-fast, roughly 75% of my shots are perfect timing, perfect footwork.

In actual play there's no way to know anything about my timing and/or footwork - although we do know it's influenced by factors that don't occur in either the nets or match practise.

I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent (hence taking advantage of the nets between every match, and occasionally playing match practise with very poor batsmen against very good bowling at veteran - instead of the pro I play the game at), but there's no reason not to expect a feedback system in actual play while batting.

In the meat, I got feedback from the bat ...

Still loving the game Bigant but i am wondering how close is patch 3 now, batting is near right now just needs a few small tweaks and i do love how the AI bat now just as other have said the lack of edges is a pain in the ass.

I would love some tweaks to how the AI stats work also, i have tested half way stats and near full and the difference is none in my eyes. You can play a lower team and then a good team and there scores are around the same, anywhere from 200 to 400 every time and they take ages to get out. I would love to know how many hattricks there has been since patch 2 came out, my best is 3 wickets in about 8 overs.

I would love to see low amount of edges to say top class batsman vs say lower class batsmen.

PS To finish on a high i had the perfect over bowled in front of me, first 3 balls play and misses then hit in the body with the fourth and the fifth a play and miss again. The last ball outside of off and a little short swinging away and a edge to first slip. I was so happy to see this Bigant but i was batting.:facepalm

I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent (hence taking advantage of the nets between every match, and occasionally playing match practise with very poor batsmen against very good bowling at veteran - instead of the pro I play the game at), but there's no reason not to expect a feedback system in actual play while batting.
In the meat, I got feedback from the bat ...

The feedback mechanism should be there in actual matches. Or at the very least an option to turn the feedback should be there - if you don't want to use it, don't but it will be a helpful learning aid for majority to figure out where they are going wrong.

For example, I still don't know why edge certain deliveries as I nailed the previous one but a similar one the next ball, which I think I timed the same way, is edged. If I could see the feedback I could learn from it and get better as it's clear the timing in the nets isn't the same as in the actual matches. I seem to get plenty of time in the nets whereas in the match I have to play my shot much earlier.

In my own experience , human edges to the keeper has seen a dramatic increase after patch2 , where it currently sits on between 3 and 4 per innings for the online games I`ve played since.

To me they feel a slight bit too much , but if I had a feedback telling my why I edged a shot that I`ve done exactly the same as the previous 10 times with a certain batsmen , I would then maybe say its spot on.

Currently it just "feels" sometimes as if your time is up , and you edge the next ball regardless.

Spot on Acidburn:thumbs, i bowled 121 overs and got the AI to edge around 6 times with 1 being out and the second inns just 7 edges with zero outs in a mind hurting 135 overs. Now i just batted as the Aussies with 5 edges out and 4 in the second inns, out of those 9 edges 8 were to the wicketkeeper. I batted for a total of 59.4 overs with scores of 268 and 89 on pro. I hope Bigant see way the numbers are just not fare. PS I lost the game and this problem did not help.

My batting was mostly to blame as i am hit and miss sometimes, i will say this patch 2 is hard as patch 1 but for different reasons.

Sounds fun:p, i hate the pull shot if there is a squire leg fielder. The leg glance is fine this time as patch 1 was a nightmare.

Spot on Acidburn:thumbs, i bowled 121 overs and got the AI to edge around 6 times with 1 being out and the second inns just 7 edges with zero outs in a mind hurting 135 overs. Now i just batted as the Aussies with 5 edges out and 4 in the second inns, out of those 9 edges 8 were to the wicketkeeper. I batted for a total of 59.4 overs with scores of 268 and 89 on pro. I hope Bigant see way the numbers are just not fare. PS I lost the game and this problem did not help.

My batting was mostly to blame as i am hit and miss sometimes, i will say this patch 2 is hard as patch 1 but for different reasons.

What difficulty you playing on? I'd love that many edges

I play on pro and I can generally get 2 or 3 catchable edges per innings, be that bowling pace or Spin.

That said, it's somewhat less frequent than edges from Human batsmen though.

I play on pro and I can generally get 2 or 3 catchable edges per innings, be that bowling pace or Spin.

That said, it's somewhat less frequent than edges from Human batsmen though.

Per innings is slightly vague - that could be 5 overs in a 5/5 or over a hundred in a Test...

Per innings is slightly vague - that could be 5 overs in a 5/5 or over a hundred in a Test...

Ok I'll amend that slightly. Per 10-15 overs or so. I rarely ever bowl more than 10-15 overs per innings, be that limited overs, or 4/5 days. I usually get all the wickets I need in that time.

(That's for my career player, I should add)

Ok I'll amend that slightly. Per 10-15 overs or so. I rarely ever bowl more than 10-15 overs per innings, be that limited overs, or 4/5 days. I usually get all the wickets I need in that time.

(That's for my career player, I should add)

You're saying you get an AI edge approx every 30 balls?

Anyone else have a similar experience??

For me it's the same as a few others have noted - the AI middles or misses with the VERY occasional edge.

I get a few more edges in career mode though against (presumably) lower rated batsman, so perhaps that is a major factor.

I'd love to see more thick edges that go to 2nd/3rd slip or through them for a boundary, top edges over the keeper etc. It's 99% tiny snicks for me.

You're saying you get an AI edge approx every 30 balls?

Anyone else have a similar experience??

In a limited no. of short format games I have bowled in (T10s or T20s) I got a decent no. of edges. But I've yet to bowl in odis or Tests. Maybe AI edges a lot more in shorter formats while trying to go for shots nearly every ball.

Users who are viewing this thread