Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

IDK if it is just my game but international teams have one kit for every format of the game in career mode. even if the defaults are correct. i found this out while playing a star career. can someone please check if it is happening to them aswell and if there is a way to fix it.

Known bug

Ability to save replays and upload to Youtube in game like in console versions... getting painful to record with external programs and sort and upload.

Also, fix the overthrow bug -

if you run 1 and you get an overthrow for 4, you get only 4 runs instead of 5. Rules dictate you should get 4 + whatever you completed running.

Also, fix the overthrow bug -

if you run 1 and you get an overthrow for 4, you get only 4 runs instead of 5. Rules dictate you should get 4 + whatever you completed running.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but the AI ran 3, then I threw 4 overthrows and it recorded 7... Is it a user-controlled issue only do you know? I was in career mode.

completed runs will get added if we stay on the crease. if we are running between the wickets when it reaches the boundary it considers only 4 runs

completed runs will get added if we stay on the crease. if we are running between the wickets when it reaches the boundary it considers only 4 runs
even though crickets rules say every completed run, ie if I am running a second when the ball passes the boundary it should be 1+4

even though crickets rules say every completed run, ie if I am running a second when the ball passes the boundary it should be 1+4

No, it's not completed runs but the run you are completing + no. of overthrow runs (4 in case the overthrow goes for 4). As an example if you are taking a single but haven't completed it and the fielder throws at the stumps and it goes for 4, you should be credited with 1 (the run you were attempting and may not have completed) + 4 = 5. Same with if you are taking a 2nd run when the overthrow goes for 4. You should be credited with 6 runs (2 + 4) and not 5 (1 + 4).

Ive given up playing the game until patch 4 comes out due to the bugs and errors, so expecting big things! The main thing for me is to fix and improve the stats in the game. In tour mode, it doesnt show you a players stats when they walk out to bat, and in career mode, it doubles the amount of games and innings you play which messes up your overall averages. Really hoping the stats get fixed.

No, it's not completed runs but the run you are completing + no. of overthrow runs (4 in case the overthrow goes for 4). As an example if you are taking a single but haven't completed it and the fielder throws at the stumps and it goes for 4, you should be credited with 1 (the run you were attempting and may not have completed) + 4 = 5. Same with if you are taking a 2nd run when the overthrow goes for 4. You should be credited with 6 runs (2 + 4) and not 5 (1 + 4).
I disagree with on that one boet -- its completed runs, if you get run out taking two runs and havent completed the second run you only get 1 run added to your score, if the ball crosses the boundary during a run you cannot get that run added...

I disagree with on that one boet -- its completed runs, if you get run out taking two runs and havent completed the second run you only get 1 run added to your score, if the ball crosses the boundary during a run you cannot get that run added...

If you get run out. But if you are not and the overthrow goes to the boundary you will get 5 even if you were in the process of taking the run and hadn't completed it. Look around youtube video where batsmen try taking a quick single and the fielder throws at the stumps and it goes for 4. Even though the runout chance was missed and the batsmen hadn't completed the run, 5 runs are awarded, not 4. You won't see the batsman who had hit the ball for the quick single take the strike after the overthrow coz no. of runs awarded are 5 and not 4.

Here's an example from youtube on similar lines... see that the batsmen haven't completed the single before the ball hit the helmet and thus were awarded 6 runs (look at 0:14 mark where the ump explicitly makes the signal for 6 runs with his hands, and not 5). The ball was dead as soon as it hit the helmet yet 6 runs were awarded and not 5. Overthrows are the same. If thhe batsmen were in the process of taking a run while overthrow occured that run + 4 (if overthrow was a boundary) are awarded.

[DOUBLEPOST=1486657528][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's still a bug mate

Yes, it is.

Last edited:
If you get run out. But if you are not and the overthrow goes to the boundary you will get 5 even if you were in the process of taking the run and hadn't completed it. Look around youtube video where batsmen try taking a quick single and the fielder throws at the stumps and it goes for 4. Even though the runout chance was missed and the batsmen hadn't completed the run, 5 runs are awarded, not 4. You won't see the batsman who had hit the ball for the quick single take the strike after the overthrow coz no. of runs awarded are 5 and not 4.

Here's an example from youtube on similar lines... see that the batsmen haven't completed the single before the ball hit the helmet and thus were awarded 6 runs (look at 0:14 mark where the ump explicitly makes the signal for 6 runs with his hands, and not 5). The ball was dead as soon as it hit the helmet yet 6 runs were awarded and not 5. Overthrows are the same. If thhe batsmen were in the process of taking a run while overthrow occured that run + 4 (if overthrow was a boundary) are awarded.

[DOUBLEPOST=1486657528][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, it is.
Quote from "The Laws of Cricket"
6. Runs scored

When a boundary is scored,

(a) any runs for penalties awarded to either side shall be scored.

(b) the batting side, except in the circumstances of 7 below, shall additionally be awarded whichever is the greater of

(i) the allowance for the boundary

(ii) the runs completed by the batsmen together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant the boundary is scored.

(c) When the runs in (ii) above exceed the boundary allowance they shall replace the boundary for the purposes of Law 18.12 (Batsman returning to wicket he has left).

so at the time the ball crosses the boundary due to overthrow, only runs completed are added (if the batters have crossed it counts as a completed run....)

Users who are viewing this thread