Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Quote from "The Laws of Cricket"
6. Runs scored

When a boundary is scored,

(a) any runs for penalties awarded to either side shall be scored.

(b) the batting side, except in the circumstances of 7 below, shall additionally be awarded whichever is the greater of

(i) the allowance for the boundary

(ii) the runs completed by the batsmen together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant the boundary is scored.

(c) When the runs in (ii) above exceed the boundary allowance they shall replace the boundary for the purposes of Law 18.12 (Batsman returning to wicket he has left).

so at the time the ball crosses the boundary due to overthrow, only runs completed are added (if the batters have crossed it counts as a completed run....)

Well you have highlighted what I stated all along...

(ii) the runs completed by the batsmen together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant the boundary is scored.

It clearly states completed runs together with the run in progress if they had crossed at the instant the boundary is scored. In other words runs which are not completed but are in progress are awarded, not just the completed runs. Runs in progress are not completed runs but are awarded else the rule wouldn't say "completed runs together with the run in progress". If they were the same thing the rule would've only mentioned "completed runs".

Last edited:
Well you have highlighted what I stated all along...

It clearly states completed runs together with the run in progress if they had crossed at the instant the boundary is scored. In other words runs which are not completed but are in progress are awarded, not just the completed runs. Runs in progress are not completed runs but are awarded else the rule wouldn't say "completed runs together with the run in progress". If they were the same thing the rule would've only mentioned "completed runs".

You're correct but this law only deals with a situation where the batsmen run five (or more) before the ball crosses the boundary.

If the ball has been fielded and there are overthrows, you only get the runs completed plus the run in progress if the batsman have crossed at the instant of the throw, not when the ball crosses the boundary (see subsection 7).

You're correct but this law only deals with a situation where the batsmen run five (or more) before the ball crosses the boundary.

If the ball has been fielded and there are overthrows, you only get the runs completed plus the run in progress if the batsman have crossed at the instant of the throw, not when the ball crosses the boundary (see subsection 7).

Yes but the "batsman have crossed" means batsmen have crossed each other and not the batsmen have completed the run. In other words it's not just the runs completed + 4 for overthrows, it's runs completed + run in progress (if batsmen have crossed each other) + 4 for the boundary.

That run in progress piece in bold was the topic of discussion. Jerm mentioned only the runs completed at the time of overthrow + 4 are awarded. I stated that runs completed + runs in progress + 4 are awarded. The laws of cricket clearly mention "run in progress" and there's difference between "runs completed" and "run in progress" as the batsmen could've crossed but not completed the run for the run to be counted.

I would like to see more lbws or play misses eg slow pitch or india pitch that spins more
The acadamy needs to have different glove and pad colours and new looking helmets with the safety guard
Weather needs to impact the bowling and add some rain
It would be good to have duke ball sg ball or kookburra to choose from
We need more stats like 4,6,strike rate
Batting and bowling celerbrations

Last edited:
I love the game, but the AI in limited overs needs a little tweak. I reckon if there was a power boost to hitting over mid on and mid off it would solve the problems at the end of the innings and boost overall runrate. It's too easy to squeeze the AI by bowling L&L meaning the AI constantly end up driving to mid off and mid on when there are fielders on the edge of the ring.

Obviously, this would require the AI to use the shot. I reckon in my time playing, I've only been hit over the top once (the fact I remember it being such an event says a lot!)

In DBC 14, the over the top shots were perfect as even if you didn't quite time it, you would still clear the in field, but it be an easy catch for boundary riders.

Last edited:
Ive given up playing the game until patch 4 comes out due to the bugs and errors, so expecting big things! The main thing for me is to fix and improve the stats in the game. In tour mode, it doesnt show you a players stats when they walk out to bat, and in career mode, it doubles the amount of games and innings you play which messes up your overall averages. Really hoping the stats get fixed.
Same here I am a huge stat person I'm waiting for patch 4 to come out to start career

Another thing which I think is probz already mentioned is more custom database

I love the game, but the AI in limited overs needs a little tweak. I reckon if there was a power boost to hitting over mid on and mid off it would solve the problems at the end of the innings and boost overall runrate. It's too easy to squeeze the AI by bowling L&L meaning the AI constantly end up driving to mid off and mid on when there are fielders on the edge of the ring.

Obviously, this would require the AI to use the shot. I reckon in my time playing, I've only been hit over the top once (the fact I remember it being such an event says a lot!)

In DBC 14, the over the top shots were perfect as even if you didn't quite time it, you would still clear the in field, but it be an easy catch for boundary riders.
The AI needs a big tweak in all formats of the game it was ok in patch 2 but now its terrible

The AI needs a big tweak in all formats of the game it was ok in patch 2 but now its terrible
It was okay in 14 after the last patch and we 're not even there yet. But I do agree it does need attention perhaps patch for will sort this out.[DOUBLEPOST=1486808851][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't you mean a "Fearsome Tweak"? ;)
Love the site editing everyone thinks I'm a princes...? How the truth differs or does it...?[DOUBLEPOST=1486808918][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another thing which I think is probz already mentioned is more custom database
You mean being able to add more texture files? I'm with you on that.

It was okay in 14 after the last patch and we 're not even there yet. But I do agree it does need attention perhaps patch for will sort this out.[DOUBLEPOST=1486808851][/DOUBLEPOST]
Love the site editing everyone thinks I'm a princes...? How the truth differs or does it...?
Yeah it was good in 14 I was bowling against teams that made 580 in an innings makes it a challenge when you have to chase big scores

Have to agree. I am playing on the Pro difficulty and bundled out AI for 160. This is only my 3rd test playing in DBC 17. In 14 AI played decently from what I felt. In DBC17, I see AI getting out a lot by playing leg side flicks and getting caught on square leg or mid wicket or playing uppish cut/drive to covers/mid off when bowled shot outside the off or closer to the body.

The above are my observations based on Pro difficulty.

Again I know there are superior players here who would get AI out for less than 100 in DBC14.

Last edited:
Yes but the "batsman have crossed" means batsmen have crossed each other and not the batsmen have completed the run. In other words it's not just the runs completed + 4 for overthrows, it's runs completed + run in progress (if batsmen have crossed each other) + 4 for the boundary.

That run in progress piece in bold was the topic of discussion. Jerm mentioned only the runs completed at the time of overthrow + 4 are awarded. I stated that runs completed + runs in progress + 4 are awarded. The laws of cricket clearly mention "run in progress" and there's difference between "runs completed" and "run in progress" as the batsmen could've crossed but not completed the run for the run to be counted.

That's right, yes - my point was in response to an earlier comment, if the batsmen keep running after the ball has been thrown, they will not get those extra runs, you get completed + run in progress if crossed only at the instant of the throw. The runs completed when the ball crosses the boundary are not relevant.

Few of those graphics vs physics thing which isnt pleasing to the eyes

-This one doesnt even hit anywhere close to bat but is considered as a pull shot in game..

20170205171323_1.jpg20170205171328_1.jpg20170205171324_1.jpg20170205171325_1.jpg20170205171329_1.jpg 20170205171330_1.jpg 20170205171340_1.jpg 20170205171346_1.jpg 20170205171347_1.jpg 20170205171348_1.jpg

-This one is not understood by me, maybe like a bottom edge if the bat was horizontal?!?!

20170209210703_1.jpg20170209210715_1.jpg 20170209210717_1.jpg 20170209210721_1.jpg 20170209210722_1.jpg 20170209210727_1.jpg 20170209210727_2.jpg

Attachments

• 20170205171327_1.jpg
    20170205171327_1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 165

Users who are viewing this thread