Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Just posted else were but awards at end of season like nba2k I know in stats sheet but gratifying to see trophies awarded and under card tours likes Australia a so can play overseas in longer form would be cool.

So the fielding issue shouldn't have been there to even begin with if the game was tested correctly, but then we had patch 2 where the issue wasn't fixed and now even in patch 3 the isssue isn't fixed! Is it even gonna be fixed or does big ant think that fielding isn't big part of cricket so doesn't need to looked at.

Please correct the speed limits for fast bowlers and spinners.

Really hope Patch 4 or beyond brings about a greater sense of urgency and effort from the batsman when running, and the fielders, especially around the wickets.

Last edited:
So the fielding issue shouldn't have been there to even begin with if the game was tested correctly, but then we had patch 2 where the issue wasn't fixed and now even in patch 3 the isssue isn't fixed! Is it even gonna be fixed or does big ant think that fielding isn't big part of cricket so doesn't need to looked at.

Or maybe they can not fix!

Loads for pc version but don't think consoles got more than about 4 patches? (Cannot remember)
Dig those memory banks deep this could get messy.

I don't think there were more than three, I've been told.

Dig those memory banks deep this could get messy.

I don't think there were more than three, I've been told.

Yeah 3 could be about right, but as someone said, Sony and MS don't charge for patches now so hopefully that will encourage Ross to keep going, but no doubt it's costing them each time.

AI fields and maybe strangely bat pads are top of my list for fixes

I already published this post on previous Patch 4 wishlist but im posting it again incase they miss that one.Plus i added some more.

Some key feature are missing in the game:
-The scorecard of an innings shows only runs and ball faced but there are missing numbers of fours and sixes and strike rate.

-Tournmaents stats only includes Match,Innings,Runs & Wickets but again missing numbers of fours,sixes,average(for both batsman and bowler),strike rates(for both batsman and bowler,)maidens,most sixes,most fours,highest scorer ext...maybe an separate stats for batsmen and bowlers could solve this.Without these there is no fun playing leagues.

-More realism in AI's captaincy i mean changing the bowlers according the situation(specially in T20,ODI) like seamers with high yorkers values likely to be saved for the death overs,chosing offspinners to bowl to left handers ext...

-Setteled batsmen(with defensive mentality or low slogging skills) trying to slog in death overs and being caught if there are wickets in the hands.

-Tailenders likely to take single and give the strike to non striker if he is a better batsman.

-More AI run outs during death overs or if theyre chasing an very big total.

-Need more realism in T20 games(AI).More sixes in batting pitch and more collapses in difficult pitch also more run outs.

-Batsmen with brute mentality and good skill points in strenght to hit more sixes as well big sixes than other batsmen.

-Defensive batmen or low skilled sloggers gives the strike to a better slogger if the required run rate goes very high.

-Spinners are likely to be punished bowling in death overs apart for spin friendly pitch.

-Left arm orthodox spinners to bowls around the wicket to a right hand batsman.Same with offspinner to left hand batsman.

-Option to search easily all custom team's players or custom created(without links) players.

-Number of sixes of tournament showing during the league matches like we see in IPL,BBL ext..

-Bowlers sometimes dont move in umpire direction while goes for an appeal.

-Some gamplay modifier presets based on location and condition would be awesome so we can use that based on host country.Some example: England summer condition preset,England late summer condition preset(some assistant for spinners),England winter condition preset,New Zealand condition preset(windy and extra swing),Batting Paradise preset,Spinners domination preset...ext

Last edited:
So looks like Big Ant is out with new patch. They have done a great job in fixing some issues but still there is a lot left to fix. So let's start suggesting like we did before and good luck!! Like before, anyone who wants to criticize can do it in any other thread.
P.S. - Keep this related to game play!!

So bring on your suggestions. To begin with, I am going to keep updating some most common CHANGES in Patch 4 as per the users

A) MORE REPLAYS for close calls (Top edges, ball beating the bat, LBW appeal, a good dive to stop the ball etc.) to make things look more realistic and interesting. Also they need to add more Highlights just like FIFA. In this case we can see FOW (fall of wickets), Boundaries scored by top scorer etc.

B) Still need to fix the backfoot hook shot and late cuts in BATTING STROKE VARIATIONS. A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT has already been made in this patch. Also some users have been complaining about how the batting has changed. It's hard to find gaps now, that I leave on BigAnt to figure.

C) Commentary has not been touched in this patch. So I will keep it as is.

How can I forget "COMMENTARY". This needs to be fixed. I am sorry but I can't mute the commentary and play as that just doesn't make any sense. You need it for the realism and please add some enthusiasm in their voices.

They need to fix it somehow. Below are few examples:
1) I ran 4 runs and even 5 runs, no acknowledgment by commentators
2) I scored 100 and 200, still no excitement or acknowledgement
3) Commentators usually go with "Oh what a shot" when you can clearly see that it was a mistimed stroke and sometimes even when you get caught.
4) A lot of times I play a shot on the offside but the commentators mention leg side
and so on.

D) Running between wickets has not been touched. They need to fix the running as a lot of times, batsmen are too late to drag their bat on the ground.

I know there is a lot to be tested yet. Bring on the suggestions and once again thanks for all your input. Also, appreciate the effort Big Ant is putting in Cheers!!:clap

Sure the game is a lot better right now than when first purchased, but it still has issues that no game of cricket should have (randomly changing fields etc) even on release. I sometimes feel that we're expected to be grateful for these patches, due to the tone of some on the boards here, but really most (if not all) of these patches are repairing problems and bugs, it's hardly free dlc is it?

Really, the game is almost at a state where I feel I can start a career, but it feels like one more patch is going to be needed at least to get there. Sure, we've had three already, but at the moment it feels like things play about as well as things did after Patch 1 for PS3 & PS4 in DBC'14.

As far as the fielding systems go, it almost feels like there has been such a determined and dogmatic drive to ensure that a fielding radar option never sees the light of day (despite it making things quick and easy for 2 player games), that the focus of programming of the fields seems like it's not had the attention it deserves. Everything about it is unusually awkward.

Sure, you can alter those quick option tabs per bowler, but it doesn't seem that you really know what you're going to get, even if fielder positions weren't always changing on you. If there are many powerplay, aggressive or attacking fields, then how do you know which one is coming up when you select for example "powerplay"? A radar display would help in that case too.

Even the colours on the field editor can be hard to look at, the lemon dots on a lime and standard green background with pink players and red dots for key positions makes the eyes re-focus a bit more than DBC'14's simple contrasts.

On the upside, it's good that the field select has been moved to the touchpad, it seems to make things a good bit quicker to select. It's great that there's an apply to all function, as after all, in video games most people bowl to field plans for how the AI is playing (or their friends are) as a whole, not so much for individual players. I just hope the Apply To All function does actually function in the next patch.

Either that or sales for the next game will slump, they do need to get things right.

This. DBC14 was given the benifit of the doubt because it was the first one and I don't think people will be patient through 3 or 4 iterations that have the same issues.

Take your time and upgrade all graphics. I mean a shot of scene outside stadium was like Eeek. Even a game from 1999 looked better than that. Anyways, it is outside the stadium.
Graphics in general are circa 2007 imo. I mean they're very bland and poor. No proper lighting effects, no nice transition of sun and lighting etc. Look at some of the EA games and it is insane how much better they are. Sure they have 50x the budget but there's several other examples of low budget games with excellent graphics. Hell, even DBC 14 graphics were better.

Besides my shot animation variation PER shot (I need like say 12-20 shot animation type PER shot possible) and truer reflection of player skills, graphics are my biggest peeve. Yes, someone will chime in with "bbbut.... gameplay...". Yes, we know gameplay is important kid. Here we're talking about graphics. And it is important as well.

Game overall is much better with Patch 3 but it's still not elevating itself. Somehow I'm not "feeling" that magic or spark I felt with DBC 14 (which seems abandoned now giving me 20fps on a GTX 1070) so it's a shame.

Game should be release with Patch 3 in PS4, So there would no such negative views the people have in their first impression .

Users who are viewing this thread