Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @MattW , Beta Group,

Al though we have better fields now with new patch, still i could see lot of unrealistic field positions in Balanced and Defensive fields in limited overs cricket for both Pace and Spin.

Below i picked few screenshots as examples to show case them. I have highlighted the problem areas.

Mostly for the spin fields have

1. Third man which is not correct , spinners do not have a third man.
2. Many fields have big gaps in between the fielders, which is making easy to score runs.
3. Some Power Play fields does not have a single player outside the 30 yards circle, the field is as if we need 1 run to win.

Fast bowler :

1. Many fields with wrong field positions.
2. Huge gaps between fielders.

When the AI is batting its OK we can manually edit our field positions , but when we bat in career mode or i think any mode, we are finding easy to score runs and unrealistic game-play that we always maintain strike rates above 100 due to loop holes in the fields.

I have highlighted this now because I assume the upcoming patch might be the last one or i sense we are near to end of patching for this game, Not now then never.

I would request if it can be corrected or at least please make a way AI selecting custom fields so that we ourselves setup the fields.

If you guys can edit then i have request you to refer the below links where i have created few fields which are more realistic in nature compared with existing fields.

https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/field-placements.106863/#post-3161131

If you can provide AI to select custom fields while batting then , we love ourselves creating the custom fields.

Please Please ....

View attachment 209173 View attachment 209174 View attachment 209175 View attachment 209176 View attachment 209177 View attachment 209178 View attachment 209179 View attachment 209180 View attachment 209181
How do we no that there not finished patching now tho

How do we no that there not finished patching now tho
No answer to this question from my side. I am just assuming only God knows and BA.
I think there are some critical bugs still reported by that I assume. No facts!

Al though we have better fields now with new patch, still i could see lot of unrealistic field positions in Balanced and Defensive fields in limited overs cricket for both Pace and Spin.

Below i picked few screenshots as examples to show case them. I have highlighted the problem areas.

2. Many fields have big gaps in between the fielders, which is making easy to score runs.
3. Some Power Play fields does not have a single player outside the 30 yards circle, the field is as if we need 1 run to win.

Fast bowler :

When the AI is batting its OK we can manually edit our field positions , but when we bat in career mode or i think any mode, we are finding easy to score runs and unrealistic game-play that we always maintain strike rates above 100 due to loop holes in the fields.

I have highlighted this now because I assume the upcoming patch might be the last one or i sense we are near to end of patching for this game, Not now then never.

I would request if it can be corrected or at least please make a way AI selecting custom fields so that we ourselves setup the fields.

If you guys can edit then i have request you to refer the below links where i have created few fields which are more realistic in nature compared with existing fields.

https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/field-placements.106863/#post-3161131

If you can provide AI to select custom fields while batting then , we love ourselves creating the custom fields.

Please Please ....

View attachment 209173 View attachment 209174 View attachment 209175 View attachment 209176 View attachment 209177 View attachment 209178 View attachment 209179 View attachment 209180 View attachment 209181
A great post with regards to issue with AI field placements. In terms of human batting, i think AI field placements and some nerfed shots are two major things which need attention. It would be fantastic if they can be sorted.

Fast bowler :

Please Please ....

Interesting.....

One thing to realise is default fields for a game will be slightly different to real life fields

Eg comment about spinners never having third man. Well in the game with over powered reverse sweeps it’s relatively easy to score in that region so a third man will help etc

Interesting.....

One thing to realise is default fields for a game will be slightly different to real life fields

Eg comment about spinners never having third man. Well in the game with over powered reverse sweeps it’s relatively easy to score in that region so a third man will help etc
I think then the root cause of this issue is the over power shot . Putting the fielder at third man is not actual solution to this problem.

Interesting.....

I think the problem is also that the AI has limited default fields. In this particular case, why not have two default fields, one with third man and one with fine leg as well.
In general, i think we need more default fields.

I think then the root cause of this issue is the over power shot . Putting the fielder at third man is not actual solution to this problem.

What you say sounds great in theory but the solution is far more complicated. There are scoop shots, late cuts etc to consider as well. Plus there is no book or 100% definition on what a realistic field is. And spinners never have deep fielder behind square on off side ...ever..?

Last edited:
Yeah, PC. It could be the graphic settings on the PS4 are lower than what can be achieved on my PC; I've got everything on the highest setting I think. PS4 just ends up with lower settings by default so you lose some detail. Be interested to know if PS4 Pro players get pitch deterioration. What I would like to see is some footmarks. Three days and nothing.

I'm not sure about that. The pitches are not entirely consistent with what you'd expect in real life at the moment, in my opinion.

in beta last summer, i was getting visible deterioration running on very low settings (on a mac air running windows in bootcamp) but it was lost on all formats at release so i don't think it's a ps4 settings issue, or not purely.

I think the problem is also that the AI has limited default fields. In this particular case, why not have two default fields, one with third man and one with fine leg as well.
In general, i think we need more default fields.

In fairness there are 255 default fields in the game (across all formats). There are 3 issues

1. Having default fields that apply a reasonable challenge for human batting (for average gamer, not the 1% hardcore at pc). So having some gaps but in my experience not too many else scoring runs is too easy
  2. Having program code that knows when best to use said fields. Eg no good creating 7-2 fields if AI then Bowls too straight or leg side
  3. Shot balancing. Eg over powered shots can destroy certain default field placings

There’s more to it but from my experience the above has always been the case

What you say sounds great in theory but the solution is far more complicated. There are scoop shots, late cuts etc to consider as well. Plus there is no book or 100% definition on what a realistic field is. And spinners never have deep fielder behind square on off side ...ever..?

Yup correctly said there is no written definition to it. Realistic for me means what we observe cricket in TV, stadiums, playground etc. I never seen a spinner having third man in these games.

Theoretically if you speak , cricket also allows you to keep most of your fielders on one side and bowl that side , does it mean you enjoy the Game that way? No book or anything stops you doing this.[DOUBLEPOST=1525768249][/DOUBLEPOST]Yes 255 default is not required actually then can decrease drastically and keep some basic fields and also allow custom fields so that people can enable their fields

Anybody can go through my posted videos where I have created custom fields. If you feel those are not better then what we have currently then fine, I agree that I am the one who thinks this way.

Jaffar the issues i see with the fields in the vid are
Long form fields cover region, square isnt protected much.

Long form fields i find the present presets pretty good apart from maybe too many slips in some.

Short form balance fields need to have 5 out

Medium form balance fields need 4 out.

The game right now is not intelligent to choose between 3-4-5 out fields.

Also regions like cover and on drive region could have some protection in limited overs.

This is just my opinion and not what ba are going to do.

I personally feel the present presets are plenty, yes there are quite a few bad ones in limited overs not covering square leg, quirky bad ones etc but if they can be weeded out and tweaked or replaced with some good ones from your list should be pretty good.
The rest go pretty well along with the game.

Last edited:
Jaffar the issues i see with the fields in the vid are
Long form fields cover region, square isnt protected much.

Long form fields i find the present presets pretty good apart from maybe too many slips in some.

Short form balance fields need to have 5 out

Medium form balance fields need 4 out.

The game right now is not intelligent to choose between 3-4-5 out fields.

Also regions like cover and on drive region could have some protection in limited overs.

This is just my opinion and not what ba are going to do.

I personally feel the present presets are plenty, yes there are quite a few bad ones in limited overs not covering square leg but if they can be weeded out and tweaked or replaced with some good ones from your list should be pretty good.
The rest go pretty well along with the game.

Yes correct now that we have too many presets available, it’s hard to create accurate fields on each across formats. My request is to limit the presets by deleting few and allow custom fields to be selected by AI. Once AI starting selecting customs fields as per formats then we can create our own fields and need not have to ask BA to edit it.

If anybody does not have custom fields created or technically returning null for custom fields for that format then AI should choose from limited available presets.

This way it will be dynamic field settings.

Last edited:
In fairness there are 255 default fields in the game (across all formats). There are 3 issues

1. Having default fields that apply a reasonable challenge for human batting (for average gamer, not the 1% hardcore at pc). So having some gaps but in my experience not too many else scoring runs is too easy
  2. Having program code that knows when best to use said fields. Eg no good creating 7-2 fields if AI then Bowls too straight or leg side
  3. Shot balancing. Eg over powered shots can destroy certain default field placings

There’s more to it but from my experience the above has always been the case
255 is surely a lot...but still there are scenarios where AI has very few options.. for eg...in ODIs (in powerplay) spinners only have one field option i.e. all fielders in inner ring... no matter how many runs you score, they dont change the field as they have no other option...

Having said that, i absolutely agree with all 3 of your points...
I would just add that many of these 255 fields are pretty useless... we need more USEFUL fields.. it would be fantastic if AI selects custom fields... it would really solve the issue..people can have a more customized experience..

255 is surely a lot...but still there are scenarios where AI has very few options.. for eg...in ODIs (in powerplay) spinners only have one field option i.e. all fielders in inner ring... no matter how many runs you score, they dont change the field as they have no other option...

Yeah, spinners actually have something like 5 or 6 field options in power play, the issue is the program code is only choosing the same one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread