Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the correct version for PC.
Oh I see. Has the swing been toned down? I tried to check the 'Big Eye' and it didn't feel like the ball was moving in the air but definitely was seaming off the pitch. I had the swing slider set at '90' and bowling with Wasim Akram on a grassy pitch in overcast conditions. I've seen videos on YouTube where other users have been able to swing the ball with the current patch but for some reason isn't working for me. I really enjoyed bowling spin with Saqlain Mushtaq though.

P.S: What is the recommended angle for the swing input. Say if I want to bowl an in-swinger with a right hand bowler? Should it be at 3'O Clock or 1'O Clock?

I just cross checked. For ODI (medium form) there is no field for spinners for powerplay (i.e. with two fielders outside). They always choose pace inner ring field.

There aren't specific pp fields for spin but plenty of aggressive and attacking 2 out fields that have to be used. Guess they need to be marked under pp too to be used always.
The issue doesn't happen in t20 though were also dont think there are pp fields for spin.

Oh I see. Has the swing been toned down? I tried to check the 'Big Eye' and it didn't feel like the ball was moving in the air but definitely was seaming off the pitch. I had the swing slider set at '90' and bowling with Wasim Akram on a grassy pitch in overcast conditions. I've seen videos on YouTube where other users have been able to swing the ball with the current patch but for some reason isn't working for me. I really enjoyed bowling spin with Saqlain Mushtaq though.

P.S: What is the recommended angle for the swing input. Say if I want to bowl an in-swinger with a right hand bowler? Should it be at 3'O Clock or 1'O Clock?
Yes, even i feel the same. @Mohammed Sherry is getting lot of swing in his videos.

Sherry... Can you plz share your settings. I m currently using all settings as default except pace at 68.

Yes, even i feel the same. @Mohammed Sherry is getting lot of swing in his videos.

Sherry... Can you plz share your settings. I m currently using all settings as default except pace at 68.
Everything at defaults apart from min and max speed at 70. Bowling at hard difficulty. Initial vidoes was on medium difficulty.

Hmm, I am sure ‘behind the scenes’ there is more than one option for PP overs but not in a position to check, or do you mean with current default fields there are literally no PP fields for spinners with two outfielders? (Again in no position to check)
Yes there are no default fields for spinners in ODI (medium form) with two outfielders[DOUBLEPOST=1525799797][/DOUBLEPOST]
There aren't specific pp fields for spin but plenty of aggressive and attacking 2 out fields that have to be used. Guess they need to be marked under pp too to be used always.
The issue doesn't happen in t20 though were also dont think there are pp fields for spin.
There are 6 fields with two outfielders for spin in t20 default fields but none for ODI

There are 6 fields with two outfielders for spin in t20 default fields but none for ODI

There should be over 11 two out spin aggressive fields for odi, if its not there must be something happened, not on my pc now so couldn't check in game to see what's happened.will do tommorow.

There would also be one out and one zero out field which i think is being preferred over the two out.

I completed my first test match, post patch, and it was pretty good. A win on the third afternoon for England.

I thought New Zealand might be getting away from me in their second innings but Ben Stokes took four wickets in a nine over spell that changed the match. I then fairly comfortably chased down the total.

Batting is rewarding an enjoyable, particularly the more you get into it. Bowling is very enjoyable and does not feel as 'programmed' as before. Dismissals (aside from annoying run outs) are more varied and do not feel like the 'wicket button' has been pressed. Still a few random slogs but at least they aren't all on the last ball of an over.

My biggest issue is AI bowling, there are lots of improvements or changes I'd like to see. I've probably posted about them in the past so I won't bore everyone.

I know Jack Leach isn't number 5 for England but there is no reminder to move your nightwatchman down the order in your second innings. Ideal scenario - add a notification, when you are batting with 30 minutes left in the day, that says 'do you want to employ a nightwatchman?' if you click yes you can pick one. Like when you get told the new ball is available. Maybe a cut away to a shot of the pavilion and the next man in biting his lip. Then, second innings, your line up is back to normal.

There are other issues but I think they've all been raised. The game does feel improved and maybe another patch or two from being a really good game.

hj4K0lrl.png

oe8qqMH.png
SLRY3cO.png
tWCD9vj.png
FodI86G.png
K7zYrnB.png
STi89HV.png
UBKhJPr.png
HxgQ7Uq.png
3sgMs0d.png

Last edited:
Would be great if the default fields are tuned. However, the current wicket keeper and slip fielder reach(coverage) kinda defeats the purpose of having 1st slip and adjacent slip fielders in place. Maybe it's a different topic altogether.
I agree on this. I move 1st slip to 2nd slip. But sometimes the keeper misses the catches (balls loop over his head, hit his pads or gloves) this is caught by slip fielders.

I know Jack Leach isn't number 5 for England but there is no reminder to move your nightwatchman down the order in your second innings. Ideal scenario - add a notification, when you are batting with 30 minutes left in the day, that says 'do you want to employ a nightwatchman?' if you click yes you can pick one. Like when you get told the new ball is available. Maybe a cut away to a shot of the pavilion and the next man in biting his lip. Then, second innings, your line up is back to normal.
Good suggestion. My suggestion would be once a wicket falls batting order pops up on the screen, where the batting team select his next batsman. This helps if someone wants to keep right left batting combo in the middle. This is how it happens in the RL as well.

Good suggestion. My suggestion would be once a wicket falls batting order pops up on the screen, where the batting team select his next batsman. This helps if someone wants to keep right left batting combo in the middle. This is how it happens in the RL as well.
This would probably be more effective; it would cover all batting orders adjustments rather than just a reminder about nightwatchman. It'd certainly be useful for limited overs matches.

Perhaps, just to keep the flow of the game going, when the dismissed batsman is walking off you get: 'Next batsman: John Smith.' Confirm :pst: Change :psc: (then it takes you to the batting order).

This would probably be more effective; it would cover all batting orders adjustments rather than just a reminder about nightwatchman. It'd certainly be useful for limited overs matches.

Perhaps, just to keep the flow of the game going, when the dismissed batsman is walking off you get: 'Next batsman: John Smith.' Confirm :pst: Change :psc: (then it takes you to the batting order).
Yeah remember that from Cricket Captain games, would be a good addition, need that flexibility in limited over games

There should be over 11 two out spin aggressive fields for odi, if its not there must be something happened, not on my pc now so couldn't check in game to see what's happened.will do tommorow.

There would also be one out and one zero out field which i think is being preferred over the two out.
Waiting for your response

Anyone else getting bowled regularly in career mode and when checking slow mo replay the ball goes straight through the bat , since uploading new patch has happened at least 3 times in 6 innings?

Last edited:
Anyone else getting bowled regularly in career mode and when checking slow mo replay then all goes straight through the bat , since uploading new patch has happened at least 3 times in 6 innings?
I am not getting bowled but yes I have seen shots and edges passing through middle of bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread