PC demo released

Some negatives :

-commentary sucks..
just like guys are sleeping in the com box & they have been forced to say few words at each intervals.

-crowd reaction is terrible, no noise & no loud cheer up during boundaries.
Its like you are playing cricket on a football ground & spectators don't know when to clap.

- And camera movement is disaster. Camera suddenly losing the focus from the ball & searching the ball in the ground.

Though the game looks and feels way much better than it's counterparts, I still think it needs patchers to get the game going. Especially in the sound department and also the face department.

Any coders here who can look into ways to extend the demo??

Agreed. Once the patchers get going, the game will really fly!

I played using my PS2 controller plugged in via an adapter. The only gripe is that in the demo I couldn't see an option to re-define the controls, as my buttons are in a different order to an xbox controller its a bit confusing. Hoping that the full version allows you to redefine, dont fancy having to buy a 360 controller.

Yes, there are some things about the controller setup I don't like.

I downloaded played it..awesome...game of the century..we can rate this with blc 99..but i was thrashed ):

Great cricket game, but no sports game can ever be called 'game of the century'. Unless you're having a little play on words there, of course... :p

Some negatives :

-commentary sucks..
just like guys are sleeping in the com box & they have been forced to say few words at each intervals.

-crowd reaction is terrible, no noise & no loud cheer up during boundaries.
Its like you are playing cricket on a football ground & spectators don't know when to clap.

- And camera movement is disaster. Camera suddenly losing the focus from the ball & searching the ball in the ground.

Commentary is rubbish, but there are some good points, such as when the runs needed are coming down, the commentary notes this and says things like 'maybe they can get a wicket to put some pressure on them' and also as the rate goes up, they note that, too.

Crowd should be a whole lot better - hopefully this will be better in the game, if not maybe the patchers can help.

Outfield camera is rubbish, but I'd be amazed if there weren't other options in the full game.

blast, it wont run on my old PC, it boots up and goes into the game but then just freezes.

any word on the ps3 demo? This is getting unbearable now.

i am so annoyed
i spend all day downloading this game then installing it once i managed to downlaod it then, when i go to open the demo it says there is a window of this up so will not open(when there isnt a a window of it) and my laptop could run sims 3(lagged a bit) gta: sa and cricket 07 at the same time.

Surely it'll be in the PSN store if it's out? Isn't that usually where demos are found?

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

How the hell do you catch the ball? I know the button to press, but haven't caught a single chance.

get some screenshots up guys :) while we struggle with the download speeds :(

Im checking on PSN, although I doubt I will find anything.

EDIT: nothing on either UK or USA accounts. We will be lucky if we get a demo with the release.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things about the game. One nit-picky (but should be fixable by mods), one more annoying and one that definitely needs work.

Nit picky first: The ball is not a nice dark red, so it doesn't look like a new ball.

2nd: This feels like cricket, but it doesn't feel like The Ashes! The crowd sounds like it's from a foreign country, not England. Some chants are needed, even if they're muffled words.

3rd: The edges need a lot of work. If it wasn't for them, this would be heading for a 90%+ for me. As it is: 81%. :)

We don't know how old this build is, however.

One other good thing? You can move the batsman, even when the bowler is running up! Finally, someone has seen sense: well done, Transmission. :)

Noooooooooooooooo I can't play it smoothly even at low settings :crying:crying:facepalm:facepalm

I've been able to play on best possible settings in a very smooth way on the specifications in my sig.

I just have seen that AI isnt bowling all full...for me its varied every over :banana2

desktop with geforce 8400gs can play with full settings at low res (some 10xx by 918)

can play on laptop with med settings shadows off at 1280x720 with occasional jerks

screenies from laptop version

http://i28.tinypic.com/296m2r9.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/156u5gj.jpg

i cant decide if i should get the unpatchable xbox 360 version (it looks better)

or the pc version (cheaper,patchable but doesnt look as good)

The PC will have higher resolution graphics, so how can you say it doesn't look as good? The two versions look almost identical! Maybe it's your system that isn't letting it look as good?

Edit: About those edges, I'm playing on Hard right now and they're now 'flying' more - they're acting a lot more like how edges should!

The PC will have higher resolution graphics, so how can you say it doesn't look as good? The two versions look almost identical!

Edit: About those edges, I'm playing on Hard right now and they're now 'flying' more - they're acting a lot more like how edges should!

yeah but my desktop's geforce 8400gs on 19 inch screen or laptop's intel on 15 inch screen doesnt give me anywhere near quality as my xbox 360 on my 40' 1080p bravia

but then,having played all cricket games on the pc before and never on a console,i felt more at home playing the pc version

Users who are viewing this thread