PC demo released

guys...am not able to take any wickets !!! :crying
its always the run outs...
the occossional catching chances come but i seem to drop it everytime !

has anyone had CLEAN bowleds and LBWs ??

guys...am not able to take any wickets !!! :crying
its always the run outs...
the occossional catching chances come but i seem to drop it everytime !

has anyone had CLEAN bowleds and LBWs ??

Same here - no clean bowled wickets or LBWs...

i have played about 40 games now, no lbws and only 2 bowled, off inside edges.
i also cant seem to take wicekts on the easy mode!
advice?

Try playing with 'special effects' turned off, guys. It gives the game a much crisper look, without the blurring effects. It might even improve your framerates if they're a problem...

one more question -
are you able to flight the ball with monty or any other spinner for that matter ??
coz, they have the same trajectory ??

what's ur pc ?:sarcasm
I do pass the minimum system req's but I can't run it smooth even in safe mode. Its very bumpy :noway

My PC:
Intel P4 2.66GHz
1GB DDR2
Geforce 8400GS
XP SP3

Surprise!!! Surprise!!! :banana2 Demo is working on my laptop which has only Integrated Graphics (Intel GMA 965). I never thought that it will work in mine because BLIC 2007 didn't worked in it. After installing, I clicked the Ashes Demo exe and went away thinking it wont work, when i came back i was really shocked to see screen which asked to press Enter button. :laugh then rest is history.

Although the game runs smoothly in low settings, i feel graphics looks acceptable and not very bad. Got to play it tonight after going back from work.

i have played 5 games now
and i was playing with australia
and i choosed to bowl
they were scoring all the time
i bowled only 2 dot bowls
they scored 49 in 3 overs
then my batting came
i would say that attacking shots are difficult to play
i found it very easy to hit fours by using the lofted shot over mid on all the time
i played the same shot again and again
i needed 12 runs of the last over but i dont know what happened
it resulted as 3 runs of last ball
and i missed that ball
i almost won the match
anyways
camera angles are really bad
sometimes
i dont see the bowl
AI is very aggressive
graphics are really good
crowd was good too
bat hitting the ball sound is not really good
anyways
overall
it was a good game
i liked the hook shot

If the AI runout bug is in the game, is it possible to 'cheat' so the AI doesnt get run out so much, i.e throw to the most furtherest end or throw weakly?

What happens if you just let the fielder get the ball, will they throw it automatically, or does it require use input?

I've played it once on PC so far and got two horrible run outs. I'm getting a video ready now of one of them, though it was having enough trouble staying at a decent framerate without recording it, so it will be a bit jerky.
Forgot about this, horrible quality but anyway,
http://ashescricket.net/runoutac09.wmv

Basically, a fielder again misfields a simple pick up (I'm getting sick of that) missing a run out chance so then the batsmen make it in to their crease, but then go on another run, so the fielder finally picks it up, waits a while and throws at the stumps.

Forgot about this, horrible quality but anyway,
http://ashescricket.net/runoutac09.wmv

Basically, a fielder again misfields a simple pick up (I'm getting sick of that) missing a run out chance so then the batsmen make it in to their crease, but then go on another run, so the fielder finally picks it up, waits a while and throws at the stumps.

Dear lord that is horrible.

Supershtuffthat added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

the bug that is...

hey guys i need help
demo is working too slow on my pc even in low graphics
i want to know the problem

my graphic card is Nvidia GeForce GT 512 GDDR 3
m using Windows Xp service pack 2
Memory:1gb of ram
Motherboard: D975XBX2K
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 GHz

Please guys help me my graphic card is ok for Ashes 2009 ??

Umair, im sorry to tell u but ure graphics card is probably not good enough. Cuz i have same issue however i am able to play with no lag after a while but in the start its really crap.

Btw, talking about run outs, i tried something by press up down, up, down and thats what makes the batsmen confused because he thinks he can get away with the run. When i stopped this, the run outs seemed to stop occuring. hope it helped some people.

memory man, i tried to run it on a 2 gig ram computer and it was crap, ran on a 3 gig with same video card and it was way better

Users who are viewing this thread