PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Without trying to sound like a pompous prick, I think the way you could improve your batting is by playing a few matches with a huge lag, I've never quit a match after the the first ball has been bowled even if the ball stops in mid air, I try and time the ball grounded off the faster bowlers and aerial with the spinners and medium pacers. That way if I play a game with a slight lag, it doesn't matter much because I'm used to a greater lag. The second thing is that you should try and hit the cover region the most, that's the easiest (along with fine leg) if you're going for grounded strokes (although beware the short cover because he sometimes catches perfectly timed balls as well). Whenever there is lag, these two are my go-to shots. As far as your bowling was concerned, like I said your plan was well thought out albeit a little risky but it worked like a charm. Like you said, i could've scored 250 (that was my plan) but the change of pace kept me to 131!
As far as the custom field goes, I too do not see a problem with it and I'd say you should use it as well simply because you can create a field that can perfectly suit your line and length and / or the batsman's weakness. A good example can be a game I had with jaraarrow. He could hit balls on fourth stump, anywhere between mid-wicket and fine leg for atleast a single and I wanted him to either block or go for a big shot on that ball, so I used the same field I used against you, except the third slip was in the mid-wicket position, thereby eliminating that stroke. So using custom fields adds another dimension to the game and good captaincy is all about field placing, rather than just working with the handful of fields given to us. That's what I think.

Thanks for your tips. Very helpful. And as for being a pompous prick; I don't think you are; you are good at this lark and more foolish the fool who can't handle taking some advice from someone who is better. That's a lifesaver as far as I am concerned!

Anyway the true definiton of a pompous prick is a male reproductive organ that wears a crown instead of a helmet!:)

@jaraarrow...wait don't quit. I have an idea, if you're reading this wait for like 2-3 minutes.

Dabi added 4 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Thanks for your tips. Very helpful. And as for being a pompous prick; I don't think you are; you are good at this lark and more foolish the fool who can't handle taking some advice from someone who is better. That's a lifesaver as far as I am concerned!

Anyway the true definiton of a pompous prick is a male reproductive organ that wears a crown instead of a helmet!:)

hahahahaha :laugh:laugh

And g;ad to hear that my advice helped. I was just playing a match with jaraarrow which seems to have gotten stuck or something, I can't bowl, there's a cursor but the bowler is just standing in his position..but that's another story, the point I'm trying to make is that I was 27/9 in the match and I decided to just sweep everything. In the end I made 88 in 14 overs (27 in 5 overs was the initial score) and I got out caught and bowled so what I'm, saying is that when in a tangle, unleash the sweep!

Dabi added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

@jaraarrow, sorry mate, I tried to fix it but he just wouldn't bowl!! :noway

Sorry...I thought you might've won it though had it not been for this!

@jaraarrow...wait don't quit. I have an idea, if you're reading this wait for like 2-3 minutes.

Dabi added 4 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

hahahahaha :laugh:laugh

And g;ad to hear that my advice helped. I was just playing a match with jaraarrow which seems to have gotten stuck or something, I can't bowl, there's a cursor but the bowler is just standing in his position..but that's another story, the point I'm trying to make is that I was 27/9 in the match and I decided to just sweep everything. In the end I made 88 in 14 overs (27 in 5 overs was the initial score) and I got out caught and bowled so what I'm, saying is that when in a tangle, unleash the sweep!

Nice!! I'll take my broom with me!

Yeah I hate that when that happens with the bowler or a fielder. I once had Ravi Bopara looking at the ball on the boundary which was two feet away from him and he refused, utterly refused to pick up that ball. End of game.

To be fair we all know how bad he is at picking up the ball when he is batting anyway so I guess it figures.

Off to bed

No problem dabi,Were you playing at your best then?,or were you just giving me a chance.Hope you were trying your best anyway.
Hope to play you tomorrow if i get the chance.
Babysitting the grandaughter.:facepalm

Nice!! I'll take my broom with me!

Yeah I hate that when that happens with the bowler or a fielder. I once had Ravi Bopara looking at the ball on the boundary which was two feet away from him and he refused, utterly refused to pick up that ball. End of game.

To be fair we all know how bad he is at picking up the ball when he is batting anyway so I guess it figures.[/QUOTE]

:laugh

These bugs seem to happen to me in all the wrong matches. Never do get a bug with a quitter! :mad:

The other day Christy_lenin and I had a game and he scored 100 odd. I thought well this is a cakewalk and started bashing, soon I was 60 for 9. I started taking singles and doubles only and when I was two away from victory that bug came where the bowler hits the stumps with his foot or something and the batsman doesn't play at all...I got bowled, match lost by a run! :mad:

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me. The glitch strikes. :)

Yeah...now what, just quit or what?

Oh and as for the CMXI, its not like I put in four fast bowlers or anything.

Except your batsmen are Jayasuriya, McCullum, Malik, Younus, Jayawardene, Some other dude with a 75+ rating, and another dude with a 75+ rating.

And then you have Akhtar in your bowling line up to top that off.

And yeah, just quit, I don't think we can fix this.

Except your batsmen are Jayasuriya, McCullum, Malik, Younus, Jayawardene, Some other dude with a 75+ rating, and another dude with a 75+ rating.

Yeah I did, made another game. I'll change my team if it bothers you, don't really care that much. I'll play with SA.

Dabi added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

@zMario...you there mate? I'm waiting for you to join!

Last edited:

Lots of random dudes in there!! Kick 'em out!

Users who are viewing this thread