PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Just had a rematch against fazzy, and although it was still a comfortable victory, he played much better.

In fact, i would go as far to say he bowled beautifully after putting me into bat on a day 5 pitch at headingley with overcast conditions.

As you can see i lost many early wickets, and was 6/58, that then became 7/98, followed by 8/98. Then came the match winning partnership between collingwood and Pietersen, and eventually broad.

I made a bad judgement call on pietersens run. Flintoff came in next, i meant to press cancel run but instead i pressed run, had a blonde moment and freddie was run out without facing. But Broad came in and held up an end and allowed Collingwood to hold the strike and pick up runs for many overs. Colly was also dropped on the last ball of the over a couple of times allowing him to retain strike.

A good game, terrible batting conditions, day 5 pitch and overcast. Ball was swinging all over the place. I just could not score in the opening overs at all and 6 quick wickets would suggest that.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-26-10-07.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-26-10-07.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-26-13-08.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-26-13-08.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-50-52-22.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-11 19-50-52-22.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 12
Just had a quick 20 over game against fazzy, in that was i think his first game online. Favourable bowling conditions certainly made batting hard, and i should have probably lost more than two wickets chasing down a modest score at best.

Just had a rematch against fazzy, and although it was still a comfortable victory, he played much better.

In fact, i would go as far to say he bowled beautifully after putting me into bat on a day 5 pitch at headingley with overcast conditions.

As you can see i lost many early wickets, and was 6/58, that then became 7/98, followed by 8/98. Then came the match winning partnership between collingwood and Pietersen, and eventually broad.

I made a bad judgement call on pietersens run. Flintoff came in next, i meant to press cancel run but instead i pressed run, had a blonde moment and freddie was run out without facing. But Broad came in and held up an end and allowed Collingwood to hold the strike and pick up runs for many overs. Colly was also dropped on the last ball of the over a couple of times allowing him to retain strike.

A good game, terrible batting conditions, day 5 pitch and overcast. Ball was swinging all over the place. I just could not score in the opening overs at all and 6 quick wickets would suggest that.

It was a good match overall even though my batting is horrible. Gas is too good for me

Im in the US. Add me if u wanna play. Mine's "agentreza''. Hope you have a good enough connection :P

Played a game against Oxtor -(yes..again..lol)

Oxtor played with SAF and myself AUS at the Bullring in Jo'burg.

I batted first and was well pleased, posting my highest score of 176-9 of 20 with Warner 45, Symo 35 and White 34. I must say it seemed to be a really good batting track with quick outfield and the ball flew to the boundaries - true to life and I think this is a good feature of ACO9.

Anyway I was still worried that this total wasn't enough given the conditions but I put a major dent in his run chase with 3 wickets in Johnsons 1st over with express pace. I managed to bowl Oxtor out for 51 off 7.1 overs.

So it's all level at 2-2 in the RiccoM v Oxtor Series :)

Any chance of this thread being stickied please

Am on but can't connect to the available game so have created another.

barmyarmy added 9 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Well someone called Vitch turned up, we played 3 balls and his connection dropped.
Awesome.

Edit: now playing nickster09

Am on but can't connect to the available game so have created another.

barmyarmy added 9 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Well someone called Vitch turned up, we played 3 balls and his connection dropped.
Awesome.

Edit: now playing nickster09

Cos I was losing ;)

Well in the nickster09 game the lag was so bad - ball just hovered in mid air for 5 seconds then the delivery was over - that I quit it after 4 balls.
Then tried to play another guy and connection lost in the second over. I've given up for now.

Well in the nickster09 game the lag was so bad - ball just hovered in mid air for 5 seconds then the delivery was over - that I quit it after 4 balls.
Then tried to play another guy and connection lost in the second over. I've given up for now.

Do you fancy a game mate?

You're not the only one having problems barmyarmy.

First off I played against a new guy called gurubhai, who is presumably in Asia going on the name and his choice of the Asian All Star team. I got through 2.4 overs against getting him to 9/4 before the connection dropped. The screenshot below shows the first time we paused.

T20Incompletegurubhai110809.jpg

We only got one more ball in before the disconnect. It was actually an eventful ball as I dropped an orange catch in the slips, only for him to take a run as my fielder picked the ball and he went by yards. Presumably he was struggling with lag at that point, although there wasn't any lag for me in that game though, unlike...

Glad for that confirmation it wasn't just me (although since my ping to my Ventrilo server never went above 30, I guessed). Literally it took 5 seconds for my bowler to start his run up after I pressed the button, then after I delivered it then hang like the picture below for a good 10-15 seconds. On the third and fourth balls he'd shuffled across and so I aimed inswingers at his pad - on my screen the ball would appear to go through the wicket and go past the wicketkeeper who didn't dive, 5 seconds later it'd cut back for an LBW appeal and after another pause it cut to the umpire to giving him out. He dropped after that fourth ball.

T20IncompleteNickster09110809-1.jpg

So basically nickster09 needs to stop downloading. The lag was way worse than against xvalerianx and I can't believe he's on a worse connection than the aforementioned 64kps Indian line. Plus with his name and him playing as England suggesting he's from the UK, he simply must be playing with a torrent or P2P program running.

Last edited:
AHHHH - barmyarmy had me 46-6 really good game and it crashed :(

Users who are viewing this thread