PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Dito stevie - can't connect to Bobby, and we already know I can't connect to you.

Last edited:
i m tired trying this
can someone tell tht was the error coming earlier also
or this started now ?

It's been happening since day one mate. Certain people just can't play other particular users. I can play Ricco_M, the_gas, dtadams81 & ChrisW (plus a few more who didn't complete the game), but I can't play yourself, Stevie, BarmyArmy, BobbyB and more... Yet those people in that second list can play some other people. Ricco_M and the_gas seem to have no problems connecting to anybody.

If that wasn't bad enough, I then see the forthcoming Cricket Revolution using Steamworks with it's lobby system, voice chat, instant messaging and proper friend lists, which costs the developers precisely nothing to use - Valve released it completely for free to any developer. BLIC2007 and many other Codemasters games have been released on Steam, so why couldn't they have integrated Steamworks into AC2009 rather than spending time developing their own system which is clearly incomplete? Regardless of what quality of gameplay Revolution will have, at least you can virtually guarantee we won't have connection problems like this with it. It just seems to be a case of reinventing the wheel to me, and badly at that.

i totally agree with you mate
but any idea
if this would be fixed
coz this is causing alot of problem and frustration
after this happens
the mood of playing changes a bit

I was playing some guy called AS06, got through my innings, then 3 overs into his I picked the delivery I wanted to bowl and it was never bowled. :sarcasm Sat there for five minutes waiting for Lee to stop standing still and actually run in, didn't happen. Had to quit in the end. Very frustrating because this was the situation:

Cricket20092009-08-1200-15-31-77.png

I should point out that AS06 used the wide line and had all fielders except one on the offside for the last two overs, having spanked his spinners all over the shop previously. :sarcasm

Finally got a game going - I forget who it was against (was going to post it instantly after the match but couldn't login to PlanetCricket).

First innings was quite good - I won the toss and bowled. Bowling was good - was tonked all over the place, the occasional slower ball worked, but on the whole was dispatched good and proper, end of fielding restrictions (was a T20 game) 95/3.

So I turned to spin, without being able to pick the side the only two spinners I had were Pietersen and Shah. The first over seemed to bamboozle him good and proper (what I thought then was good bowling I fear may now be a glitch). To cut a long story short my spin ran through the order, and he was all out for 127.

Anyway, now the batting. The glitches came good and fast, first ball, the ball stopped soon after it left the hand, I mistimed the shot (the bar did stop - albeit well beyond any edge), and to top things off the frontfoot option didn't work - out LBW first ball.

And like that it continued, I lost wickets fairly regularly - and even when I occasionally managed to time the ball inspite of the delay, it was soon followed by a ball that came down without any glitches.

Not at all impressed, online this system is useless.

Can someone please tell me how servers work in this game yet? Are there public ones or does each player have to make his own?

Does this one that planetcricket.org seems to be running work better than locally hosted games by one of the players? Could Australians tap into this planetcricket.org server?

i cant seem to play yorkers and people just bowl yorkers allthe time. i mean every ball is a yorker. can someone please advise how to play yorkers. or is it a glitch that you cant play yorkers properly. becaue i am not bad in batting but yorkers :doh

i cant seem to play yorkers and people just bowl yorkers allthe time. i mean every ball is a yorker. can someone please advise how to play yorkers. or is it a glitch that you cant play yorkers properly. becaue i am not bad in batting but yorkers :doh

Practice offline. Yorkers are very easy to put away with practice, and can often be dispatched for six.

I have most success by bowling a mixture of good line and length balls, short balls outside off, short balls at the neck and yorkers. As you put the field back you can afford to mix up your length more.

The_gas added 11 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I've hosted up a game if someone fancies a 20-20?

Practice offline. Yorkers are very easy to put away with practice, and can often be dispatched for six.

I have most success by bowling a mixture of good line and length balls, short balls outside off, short balls at the neck and yorkers. As you put the field back you can afford to mix up your length more.

The_gas added 11 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I've hosted up a game if someone fancies a 20-20?

I didnt mention but i am talking about playing yorkers online (just incase you thought i was talking about playing AI)

so you are saying that you are able to play yorkers easily? well then that means that i just need more practice which is a good thing. i just thought because everyone i get online just ball yorkers which gave me the impression that its just not possible to play yorkers. thanks for the reply.

Ha, just played angry pixel, scored 270 off 19 overs and the game disconnected. Angry, i think you should add yourself to the unfair player list. :p

As if i would quit in those circumstances, i still had freddie to come.

I know my bowling was crap, i have just installed the game and jumped into online. Will practice some and give you a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread