PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Having read through the last few pages, I think I'll avoid playing Angry 'Fair Play Creed' Pixel for the moment until he proves that he is willing to play in the spirit of the game.

As Stevie said, he and I both used custom fields when playing each other, but neither of us were so moronic to:

1) Kill the game by putting everyone on the boundary in the last over or so (and before) to ensure he wins rather than win by his own good play.

2) Despite having been heavily criticised for doing that, to then go and have that ridiculous attacking field when he must know that bowling in the yellow markers will make it virtually impossible for his opponent to not offer a catching chance when playing an attacking shot. :facepalm

I think custom fields should still be allowed, but within reason (ie. max of 4-5 players on the boundary, like in real life.) I'd also advocate banning short cover, as the catching potential of that position is just ridiculously unrealistic. Anyone who fails to conform to these basics should be named and shamed (pref. with screenshots) by their opponents, like the_gas and Earl have done on here.

i am not able to join any games-it says Failed to connect host...plz HELP

I have opened the port 9103 on my router...but still no help

Can't you just play with fielding restrictions on so you don't get everyone on the boundary?

Can't you just play with fielding restrictions on so you don't get everyone on the boundary?

Ideally yes, but in non-restricted games we need to try and enforce this rule.

Plus even in restricted games angry_pixel's unbeatable aggressive field would be allowed, as would short cover.

Having read through the last few pages, I think I'll avoid playing Angry 'Fair Play Creed' Pixel for the moment until he proves that he is willing to play in the spirit of the game.

As Stevie said, he and I both used custom fields when playing each other, but neither of us were so moronic to:

1) Kill the game by putting everyone on the boundary in the last over or so (and before) to ensure he wins rather than win by his own good play.

2) Despite having been heavily criticised for doing that, to then go and have that ridiculous attacking field when he must know that bowling in the yellow markers will make it virtually impossible for his opponent to not offer a catching chance when playing an attacking shot. :facepalm

I think custom fields should still be allowed, but within reason (ie. max of 4-5 players on the boundary, like in real life.) I'd also advocate banning short cover, as the catching potential of that position is just ridiculously unrealistic. Anyone who fails to conform to these basics should be named and shamed (pref. with screenshots) by their opponents, like the_gas and Earl have done on here.

Good shouts nick.

So far i have only ever used defaults most of the time, but i think custom fields are fine if people use them appropriately. Sadly, its always going to be open to abuse though.

The close in fielder thing is ridiculous though.

I'm glad that Earl played pixel, it was just enough to hopefully make people realise who was telling the truth when i played him in that unraked 5 over game, and not forgetting the 20-20 game when it disconnected with me 0n 270+ from 19 overs. (this was before he did those silly fields :D)

my connection is too slow 256 kbps airtel.. i think that is the problem..can we play through a software like hamachi etc.. will that help??
Hamachi (a program which makesa Virtual LAN) won't help I'm afraid - there is no LAN play supported in AC2009.

I'm afraid, playing from India against a UK or Aus player, then you're going to need at 1mbps to be safe and I'm getting the impression that your countries telecommunications is not quite at that stage yet. (Quite understandably - we were at that stage in the UK only about six years ago)

Hey mate, I'll give you a game now but just 5 overs because I'm not sure if Australia - England connections will work very well.

Oh, I just saw that you are from NZ, that could work...

Sorry mate must have missed you but would love to play a game online with you. I must admit that I haven't played online until now but have just played a couple. Won the first. It was fantastic fun and much better than offline. Unfortunately the second game quit on me though I was geting extremely thrashed by one "netplayer" who bowled very well (or I batted absolute cr**!) Getting the timing right is tricky online and takes getting used to. Anyway, if anyone wants a game give us a shout and will set something up!:D

NICK_GIFF: Agree with you totally there - I'll consider short cover banned when/if I get to play you.

I'm glad that Earl played pixel, it was just enough to hopefully make people realise who was telling the truth when i played him in that unraked 5 over game, and not forgetting the 20-20 game when it disconnected with me 0n 270+ from 19 overs. (this was before he did those silly fields :D)
I'm glad that I have my uses :D

To be honest if somebody came along and saw AngryPixel posts on this board and then read all of your contributions to this thread right back to post #1, I don't think anybody could have drawn a conclusion in AngryPixel's favour.

I tried to be fair in my last match against mannu. He cried last time that i only bowl just outside offstump and slower balls. So today i was playing with a resolve that i wont use any custom field and would bowl varying lengths. I bowled wides, no balls, short balls, good length, everything. He managed to score 170 odd runs then. When i came to bat he was also following the same rule. But when i blasted him for 88/1 of first 6 overs, he forgot everything. HE started bowling that just outside offstump full slower balls. Continuous for 10 overs:eek::eek:. I guess i now knew what the phrase "Taste your own medicine " . means:p I wont cry like him but i would say that anyone who would play with me from now on, i wont use that custom fields(ask mannu,used just default fields) and wont bowl just outside offstump for whole innings.

P.S: GAs, what the flip are you so happy bout scoring 270 odd runs:p??? That was my first game. I had installed the game and directly jumped into the online gaming:doh....
I demand a rematch;)

Hey AngryPixel. How did you find your game with me? I found it to be too laggy. I kept on hitting the shot button too early which often resulted in hook shots being played to full pitched balls, even if the front foot button is pressed.

You managed to work out the timing after a while, especially to the spinner, but I still thought you were struggling with the lag at times though. I thought that you were Australian (because you chose Australia) so I was worried that all local games would be that laggy but I guess it's okay since you are in America.

Win, my xbox controller just arrived, its gonna take some getting used to, the analogue sticks are not aligned, but it is an awesome pad.

Now i can play back foot and charge shots i'm going to play the third test of my ashes series, 2-0 up so far. :laugh

Win, my xbox controller just arrived, its gonna take some getting used to, the analogue sticks are not aligned
That's not really an issue on there is it? You only use right analogue for flicking between the field settings.

Glad you've got it sorted anyway - I just fear what that might do for your batting.

Her is the screenshot. I dont have any problem with the field even though he used custom field but still this field was realistic. The problem was the line he was bowling. After getting his bottom kicked even by Mitchell Johnson he was just bowling slower balls(see the cursor in the pic). If you try to play attcking shot on off side the cover would catch it, if you play down the ground and mistime it, 9/10 times the mid on would run back to catch it. Don't flame me over the fact that i had used this in my first 2 matches. I had already accepted that a s mistake and had played two complete matches without doing that. So leave that crap behind guys. I guess i now know why that field and bowling line was bad( i have tasted it now). So i agree on not using short cover, this slower ball taking for loger period,the ultra aggressive field and wideline.;)

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-13 16-18-48-16.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-13 16-18-48-16.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
So i agree on not using short cover, this slower ball taking for loger period,the ultra aggressive field and wideline.;)
I have no problems with the extend use of slower balls. It seems to me you just struggle to adjust your timing to deliveries of slower pace, as my 6-6 figures with Hopes against you suggest.

Based upon that screenshot I can see no grounds for you to complain about Manou's tactics.

Last edited:
Hey AngryPixel. How did you find your game with me? I found it to be too laggy. I kept on hitting the shot button too early which often resulted in hook shots being played to full pitched balls, even if the front foot button is pressed.

You managed to work out the timing after a while, especially to the spinner, but I still thought you were struggling with the lag at times though. I thought that you were Australian (because you chose Australia) so I was worried that all local games would be that laggy but I guess it's okay since you are in America.

Yeah i was struggling with lag ma8. I figured out timing against spinner and that one over was the defining point of our match(32flipping runs:p:p)... When i came to bowl i know you would also struggle against pacer so i used all the pacers:D:D Anyway, good game mate, you bowled fair line and length.

P.S: I choose australia coz spinners in online matches are very easy to hit thus had to select a team full of pacers.;)

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I have no problems with the extend use of slow balls. It seems to me you just struggle adjusting to adjusting your timing to deliveries of slower pace, as my 6-6 figures with Hopes suggest.

I guess soo. I would practice against medium pacers a bit. Wait a minute:spy Maybe nick is also bad against slower balls thats why he was also crying:D:D. Anyway bowling these takes fun out of the game thus i have stopped using them excessively a long time back.

P.S: Earl, can you give me a unranked 5 over match?? Gotta practice against slow medium pacers. The timing on online games seems to be a little different.

Users who are viewing this thread