PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

I still haven't been able to get more than 1 wicket against the cpu in that test match since i got it. Don't get me wrong, that has nothing to do with it, i can hit the perfect meter so often that the cpu only seem to get out when i bowl a bad ball.
That's the problem with the AI - it only has two frames of mind.

• Leave everything outside off stump and defend anything aimed in-line with the stumps.
  • Attack everything
There doesn't seem to be anything in between these two extremes and it doesn't matter what game type you're talking about.

Stevie, i have hosted a match, join it. Gas wanna see our match:p:p

Well,thanks for the practise,managed to hit your fast bowlers for 6 off the bouncers,but not the slow ones. :) And sorry once again for the before thing. Enjoyed the game. :D 1 thing I know is that I wont bowl a spinner to you next time. :doh :)

Had a good 5 over game against valerian. He tried slow bouncer against me first ball and i smacked him over square leg for six, he tried again i hit four , then another six. After that he stopped bowling those:p. So it is possible to hit them.

Had a good 5 over game against valerian. He tried slow bouncer against me first ball and i smacked him over square leg for six, he tried again i hit four , then another six. After that he stopped bowling those:p. So it is possible to hit them.

Well I wanted to try bowling bouncers at you with a slow bowler,but unfortunately did not have any. Probably next time. :D

Well,thanks for the practise,managed to hit your fast bowlers for 6 off the bouncers,but not the slow ones. :) And sorry once again for the before thing. Enjoyed the game. :D 1 thing I know is that I wont bowl a spinner to you next time. :doh :)

oye, dont spill my secret in front of everyone. I feed on spinners. Even when the asking rate was climbing i was waiting for your spinner coz i knew that i always score atleast 25 or 30 runs in a spinners over

oye, dont spill my secret in front of everyone. I feed on spinners. Even when the asking rate was climbing i was waiting for your spinner coz i knew that i always score atleast 25 or 30 runs in a spinners over

I'm pretty sure everybody who has played this game online for any length a time realises that spinners have been made near useless in this game due to the length being so full.

Just finished against someone called IS_Leon. He decided to bowl short and was punished. :p In all fairness, he stuck around and didn't quit. There was some hideous lag at times.

Cricket20092009-08-1316-39-50-73.png

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'm feeling the pressure now:noway. Brnig it on stevie:p, lets see what you got:D:D

Anyone up for a T20
I have created one

I'm online and have a Twenty20 ranked game open. There is another game up but, despite having my ports forwarded, I can't join it.

I'm also on Ventrilo.

another match against the_gass another 20 overs of bowling the slowest bowls possible. i guess ill have to stop trying to play realistic cricket and somehow adapt :(

Urgh, oxtail i worked so hard for that man. :(

Just had my first game online with the xbox pad. No one told me the run and cancel run buttons would be different, hence me losing 6 wickets for exactly no runs. I snapped a screen shot when i was 0/5. :doh

After that i decided that the only option was slog. It came off, oh i so deserved a century with shah.

I won the game, it was all over, but as it was about to save it came up opponent has disconnected, or what ever the message is. :(

Not saying you quit oxtail, but this has happened three times now, so think ill avoid playing you in future.

At least i got screen shots this time.

BTW, can someone confirm what is run and cancel run, i thought y was cancel run and b was run, i get the feeling its the other way around. :facepalm

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-13 17-10-33-10.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-13 17-10-33-10.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-13 17-30-09-39.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-13 17-30-09-39.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-13 18-05-43-55.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-13 18-05-43-55.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 12
another match against the_gass another 20 overs of bowling the slowest bowls possible. i guess ill have to stop trying to play realistic cricket and somehow adapt :(

Hey man i was bowling full speed, and occasional slower balls, trouble is i was using two medium pacers, hence bowling speeds were 50-60mph. If i bowled that slow the perfect meter would be huge.

oh soz dude i thought once the game had finished you could just quit because it was over. i had no idea you had to wait right up to them jumping around with the trophy. tbh if i was gonna quit i would of done before then as i needed like 100 an over. so my noobish fault. i apologise. i dont quit. my mistake, soz.

Urgh, oxtail i worked so hard for that man. :(

Just had my first game online with the xbox pad. No one told me the run and cancel run buttons would be different, hence me losing 6 wickets for exactly no runs. I snapped a screen shot when i was 0/5. :doh

After that i decided that the only option was slog. It came off, oh i so deserved a century with shah.

I won the game, it was all over, but as it was about to save it came up opponent has disconnected, or what ever the message is. :(

Not saying you quit oxtail, but this has happened three times now, so think ill avoid playing you in future.

At least i got screen shots this time.

BTW, can someone confirm what is run and cancel run, i thought y was cancel run and b was run, i get the feeling its the other way around. :facepalm

oh soz dude i thought once the game had finished you could just quit because it was over. i had no idea you had to wait right up to them jumping around with the trophy. tbh if i was gonna quit i would of done before then as i needed like 100 an over. so my noobish fault. i apologise. i dont quit. my mistake, soz.

Urgh, ok man. :noway

Gutted though, it took great determination to come back from 0/6 and now none of the stats recorded. :(

I got a Xbox controller too. Y is for run and B is for cancel. Sometimes if you start a run and suddenly press cancel the batsmen would try to return to the crease but wont ground his bat, so press X quickly after B to avoid Runout

Users who are viewing this thread