PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

Bah - was hoping it would turn out to be a router (which it would have to be if it was wireless enabled) ;)

Will be interesting to find out what Ricco_M's set up is.

EarlCG added 12 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Had "ihitge" (catchy name - he was Sri Lanka) 12/5 after 4 overs before another disconnect :(.

This might have been something at my end though, as I had a momentary graphics driver blip (game recovered within seconds but connection had been lost)

EarlCG added 5 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Here's the scorecard - don't think we got another ball in:

T20ihitge130809scorecard.jpg

After a while he just lost the ability to play Lee's outswingers - all three to Ponting at second slip. He didn't lose anything again McDonald's single over of medium pace though.

Okay - that was a shock! Had the game minimized with a room open as I often have. Everytime somebodies joined while it's been minimized it's halted on the toss since I'm the home team and get to call. However this time I flicked back after a couple of minute and find myself in a game against gurubhai at 0/2

Sorry for quitting on you mate, but I don't think it was fair on myself to continue there. I've got no idea how it got past the toss.

Just played a person in this screenshot, but had to quit after 2 overs because of terrible delay as the bowler releases the ball, i guess he was from the sub continent.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-13 20-05-30-52.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-13 20-05-30-52.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 21
The_gas, I don't know what happen. I got an message saying connection to host is lost. Don't know whether its my end of yours. Sorry for that it was good game going on.

dhruval1984 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Just played a person in this screenshot, but had to quit after 2 overs because of terrible delay as the bowler releases the ball, i guess he was from the sub continent.

Ya I also experience that delay a lot.

The_gas, I don't know what happen. I got an message saying connection to host is lost. Don't know whether its my end of yours. Sorry for that it was good game going on.

Hey man sorry yes i quit, so much lag for me i couldn't time any shots.

T20's are fun. Just played one against BFL. Lost again:p. I started badly and was reduced to 20/5 after 6 overs. Then i noticed that he is playing as Sril Lanka and thus he had only three fast bowlers so i would get 8 overs of spin. I started blocking from that moment. Then the score was 29/5 after 11 overs when he brought his spinners on. I started clobbering them and reached a competitive score of 117/10. MY bowling was good but i was always 20 or 30 runs short. He chased down in 15 overs. Spinners are effective if you use them correctly. When he needed just 10 runs i decided to do some experiment, thus placed short-leg,leg gully, silly point and three slips. To my surprise he lost 3 wickets inside 2 runs. There was a little panic but he won eventually.

P.S: Has anyone else noticed that a lot of time even when you stop catching marker in green, you still drop the catch:mad: This happened 7 times in my last match:mad::facepalm, Those 7 made a really big difference:mad::mad::mad:

AngryPixel added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Okay - that was a shock! Had the game minimized with a room open as I often have. Everytime somebodies joined while it's been minimized it's halted on the toss since I'm the home team and get to call. However this time I flicked back after a couple of minute and find myself in a game against gurubhai at 0/2

Sorry for quitting on you mate, but I don't think it was fair on myself to continue there. I've got no idea how it got past the toss.

Yup this happened with me to and surprisingly Gurubhai was there too. I had the game minimized. I maximized the game and saw me batting at 0/1. :eek::eek: I didn't quit coz it was just a 5 over match so 1 wicket doesnt matter.

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

This guy has some serious problem against Brett Lee, I got my first Double-Hattrick. lol

One of my rare T20 wins.

AngryPixel added 17 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Earl, ther is massive Lag. Ball stops mid air after bowler delivers for a sec. Even then i'll complete the match.;)

AngryPixel added 7 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Hey gas, i used 9-0 offside field against Earl during his innings(all the time):p:p. But he aint unhappy bout it;) Ask him

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

5 over match hosted. Anyone wanna play?? join then

just played some guy online in T20 and after battering him for a belter of a total 265/9 he quit on me at 17/3 - his name was gurubhai

starting to get very frustrated with this online play, way to many quitters - have probably only completed 50% of my games and dominated most,

im thinking of creating an online league between the trustworthy members of pc here where we keep standings in a league table format and everyone plays everyone but will have to consider many things before launching it.

below is the scorecard at change of innings of my last match - look at tiller got 100 in 37 balls think that ties the world record.! my opponent was 17/3 in reply when he quit

Last edited:
Earl, ther is massive Lag. Ball stops mid air after bowler delivers for a sec. Even then i'll complete the match.;)
It was more laggy than our previous game, but it certainly wasn't that bad at my end.

Hey gas, i used 9-0 offside field against Earl during his innings(all the time):p:p. But he aint unhappy bout it;) Ask him

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it either - it's a shame you gave up like that, but c'est la vie.

Earl_CG (Aus) versus AngryPixel (India) at the MCG - Australia won the toss and chose to bowl

Angry actually made a decent start;He was 10/1 at the end of the first over by Lee (wicket was an edge to Ponting at second slip) and 24-2 after the second from McDonald (the wicket was off the first ball - slower ball which he heaved at half an hour before it arrived at it hit middle & leg). However, he really struggled to get a handle on Johnson who went for just the one run, while I dropped one short with Siddle which he got a faint top edge on through to the keeper with Tendulker as part of a wicket maiden over. He then got done by another slower ball on the stumps from Hopes, but preceded to play some nice shots behind square (lifted on over the slips and swept another down to find leg for four). My memory gets a bit vague after that, but there was a run out when he took a crazy run to my square leg fielder.

Things began to get weird when came down the pitch to a Johnson outswinger and then didn't return to his crease, so was out stumped. He then didn't select a batsmen before the timer ran out, so I though he might have disconnected or dropped, but no - he was still there. However, he now started leaving the ball and then taking runs everytime the ball went through to the keeper - basically he gave his last four wickets away.

Come my innings, as he's described, he put all his fielders on the offside and proceeded to bowl no ball after no ball down the legside - I couldn't see much else to do but hit them if he'd given up like that.

It's a shame, because I actually thought he batted a lot better - I'm sorry if the lag was bad enough to make you decide it was unplayable.

Here's the summary:
T20AngryPixel130809bizzarescorecard.jpg

EarlCG added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

im thinking of creating an online league between the trustworthy members of pc here where we keep standings in a league table format and everyone plays everyone but will have to consider many things before launching it.
Not least that not everyone can play everyone else. :( However, I'd be up for the idea in principle presuming I'm invited.

Last edited:
How was i supposed to play Earl???? When your ball leave your bowler's hand it stops midair for about 1 sec and sometimes even two seconds. How am i supposed to time the ball?? I didnt quit coz you would have labeled me as quitter but cannot continue the match also. So this was the only solution to complete the match quickly. I had played against you, you know i bat better that than(i mean, slog better than that:p)

Just finished a cliffhanger. BFL needed 2 runs of last 3 balls but missed all three of them coz he was going for the glory. If he had tried to knock around for single then he would have won.
So my winning streak in ODI is now upto 8 matches. Yay:banana2:banana2

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I dont know if BFL is on PC or not but he is a real good bowler. I was struggling till last two overs. Haddin saved me by hitting 2 sixes and a 4 .

Either play properly or don't play at all. I'm sure Earl would've understood if you had quit because of lag rather than employ that tactic.

It was more laggy than our previous game, but it certainly wasn't that bad at my end.

Game at the hosts end is always smoother than client. I have experienced it. thats why i try to play most of the matches which i host. Joining in ashes cricket is a bit disadvantage if client and host are in different continents

Either play properly or don't play at all. I'm sure Earl would've understood if you had quit because of lag rather than employ that tactic.
I might have begrudgingly - it just wasn't that laggy at my end. I've certainly had games with a hell of a lot worse than that.

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Game at the hosts end is always smoother than client. I have experienced it. thats why i try to play most of the matches which i host. Joining in ashes cricket is a bit disadvantage if client and host are in different continents

Every game I have completed has been with me as host (I've only successfully joined one game and that was against the Indian guy on his 64kps connection and that dropped). I have experienced far worse lag than that while I've been hosting.

Users who are viewing this thread