PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope Earl picked up some screenshots of our game, i keep forgetting to start fraps. It would be great if people could record close matches and upload them for people to watch.

I think this would be a great idea.

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
*sob* I just lost against the_gas *sob*

Pakistan (Earl_CG) vs England (the_gas) @ the MCG - the_gas won the toss and chose to field

In my worst batting performance yet I managed just 71 as the_gas showed how well line and length can work as he bowled fullish, a yard outside off stump with a ring of close fielders on the offside. As much as I tried dancing down the wicket I barely got him away until, rather bizarrely in my view, he switched his field to a very defensive setting one the restrictions were over. However, I'd already lost way to many wickets as I seriously struggled for timing and eventually I was out for a meagre total.

However I then got a glimmer of hope a I reduced him to 4-3 thanks to a first ball run out and a couple of catches off Akhtar's express pace. However he recovered with some nice shots from Pietersen , although when KP finally fell (bowled between his legs with an arm ball from Afridi), England were still at a precarious 38-5.

But. commeth the hour though and commeth the man - "Tiny" Tim Ambrose came out all guns blazing and along with Luke Wright swiftly opened the flood gates and it was all of a sudden so very, very easy for the_gas.

Hopefully the_gas has captured the summary screen - I swear I print screened but there's nothing in my clipboard :( Admittedly though, that wasn't a scorecard I wanted to keep to remind myself of fond memories as I was comprehensively outplayed.

the_gas won by 5 wickets with ~9.4 overs remaining

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
*sob* I just lost against the_gas *sob*

Pakistan (Earl_CG) vs England (the_gas) @ the MCG - the_gas won the toss and chose to field

In my worst batting performance yet I managed just 71 as the_gas showed how well line and length can work as he bowled fullish, a yard outside off stump with a ring of close fielders on the offside. As much as I tried dancing down the wicket I barely got him away until, rather bizarrely in my view, he switched his field to a very defensive setting one the restrictions were over. However, I'd already lost way to many wickets as I seriously struggled for timing and eventually I was out for a meagre total.

However I then got a glimmer of hope a I reduced him to 4-3 thanks to a first ball run out and a couple of catches off Akhtar's express pace. However he recovered with some nice shots from Pietersen , although when KP finally fell (bowled between his legs with an arm ball from Afridi), England were still at a precarious 38-5.

But. commeth the hour though and commeth the man - "Tiny" Tim Ambrose came out all guns blazing and along with Luke Wright swiftly opened the flood gates and it was all of a sudden so very, very easy for the_gas.

Hopefully the_gas has captured the summary screen - I swear I print screened but there's nothing in my clipboard :( Admittedly though, that wasn't a scorecard I wanted to keep to remind myself of fond memories as I was comprehensively outplayed.

Excellent review Earl, rep for that. I've had a few beers so i couldn't remember the fine details, but you summed it up perfectly. I was impressed with your new ball bowling. I literally had to take myself to one side and say stop playing like this. Once i settled down, and got some patience things started to improve.

I put the field back because of how you were batting, i knew eventually you would start to get them away. At that stage i was confident of chasing down whatever you would score, and i knew i had medium pacers coming on so the field had to be defensive.

Batting was hard though, very tough conditions for batting.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Sigh. My DVD has stopped working. It didn't work when it arrived but I got it cleaned and it worked ok.
Bit hard to take it back when it's a review copy from Codies...

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I was wondering the same thing, so I tried it yesterday (even though I do not have a PC version)

Its a voice chat for the game. I think I spoke to Earl If i am not mistaken
Yes you did - nice chatting to you mate and hope you can be persuaded away from the PS3 :)

Hey that was a damn good game earlier EarlCG, if it weren't for my shoddy batting performance and in particular run outs :facepalm :laugh

What a bowling attack from me though! Pretty realistic - spinners gave away quite a few runs but took loads of wickets!

I'm sure the running is different online though because I'm not that bad against the AI. Think you just got me panicking with that field setup, which was insanely difficult to beat! :noway

Yes - very enjoyable game Chris :) You were very generous in helping me get off to a flying start in your innings with some nice kamikaze runs ;)

You spinners were entertaining that's for sure - you got me a few times by reversing the spin so I basically had to keep coming down the track to nullify it.

Oh, and if you think my field is tough, you need to try and get the_gas away with an offside ring with is line outside off stump. You've basically got to go for the lofted shot to get anywhere.

It does need a chat feature though - surely just a simple press key and type scenario, ala FPS games, really don't understand why they didn't implement it! I don't have a mic but if you PM me ur msn it would be a start, then agree to ALT-TAB out every 2 overs / after wickets or something?

Yes - it's just so basic it's crazy... I actually miss GameSpy now, which BLC2007 used; for all it's (many, many) faults at least you had a lobby you could communicate in.

I'd strongly urge you to consider getting a microphone; you could pick a basic one up for dirt cheap on ebay or wherever. I'll send you my MSN in the meantime though, although I don't use it normally.

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
what happend chris? disconnected!!

playing cricketking now we sort another game out later - was enjoying that??

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
I dunno, just said 'you've lost connection to the host', couldnt get on here either but the rest of the interenet was fine. Very odd!

54/3 off 5 overs too, few dubious hits from you I must say but the slower ball is a BEAST online! :D

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Oh, and if you think my field is tough, you need to try and get the_gas away with an offside ring with is line outside off stump. You've basically got to go for the lofted shot to get anywhere.

Hey Earl, that is not the case i promise, you just need to time it well.

The problem was you kept trying to charge, i was just waiting for you to stop before adjusting my game plan but it never happened.

I was using a default field, not a custom one like yourself too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread