mannu and myself
we were having a very good game
until my game stuck
i scored 100+ in 10 overs
with 5 wickets down
i was playing australia
mannu was playing with england
:facepalm

Just played another game against Oxtail soup, our first game got disconnected as i was 270/8 off 19 overs.

I won rather easily, but unfortunately there was large amounts of lag in the game. My final two wickets were lbw, my control pad just stopped responding because of the delay. However i knew i had a competitive score thankfully.

Oxtail has taught me how to bowl with spinners. Why no one thought of it before i don't know. Sadly, it involves putting a short cover in, and putting the equivalent in on the leg side. This means you can no longer place shots through the cover or leg side. I lost many wickets to perfectly timed ground and air shots this way. In the end i had to give up and settle for scoring my runs at fine leg and third man. :facepalm

I would go as far to say that this must be addressed in the patch.

Nothing against oxtail though, he was just using a custom field what he though was good, but codies this needs serious attention.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-12 18-39-09-11.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 18-39-09-11.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 14
Where's Tiny on that scorecard? You didn't demote him from opener did you? ;)

I promoted him to number 3 and he failed, cannot remember what he scored but not many. I had bad karma at that time. Luckily i got through it.

just played a match with jakeneo.Got him allout for 9...with 9 run outs.poor guy could not press the return button quick enough.:facepalm

Poor batting performance by me. I'll need to work on that side of the game. I don't think there's anything wrong in putting fielders in spots to restrict where your opponent is trying to play runs. And I don't think where I had fielders was in anyway peculiar for a spin bowler - so not sure why it needs some form of patch?
anyway well batted m8

cheers
Oxtar.

Just played another game against Oxtail soup, our first game got disconnected as i was 270/8 off 19 overs.

I won rather easily, but unfortunately there was large amounts of lag in the game. My final two wickets were lbw, my control pad just stopped responding because of the delay. However i knew i had a competitive score thankfully.

Oxtail has taught me how to bowl with spinners. Why no one thought of it before i don't know. Sadly, it involves putting a short cover in, and putting the equivalent in on the leg side. This means you can no longer place shots through the cover or leg side. I lost many wickets to perfectly timed ground and air shots this way. In the end i had to give up and settle for scoring my runs at fine leg and third man. :facepalm

I would go as far to say that this must be addressed in the patch.

Nothing against oxtail though, he was just using a custom field what he though was good, but codies this needs serious attention.

Poor batting performance by me. I'll need to work on that side of the game. I don't think there's anything wrong in putting fielders in spots to restrict where your opponent is trying to play runs. And I don't think where I had fielders was in anyway peculiar for a spin bowler - so not sure why it needs some form of patch?
anyway well batted m8

cheers
Oxtar.

Hey man,

The problem is this, if you time a shot perfectly, it gets caught by those close in fielders, even if its lofted. This represents a bug, It will become more noticed (Stevie has picked up on it) as it happens more frequently.

And I don't think where I had fielders was in anyway peculiar for a spin bowler - so not sure why it needs some form of patch?

The actual fielding positions are not odd, the problem is short cover and short mid-wicket are too effective meaning you can't play any shots in the regions where those fielders are. That needs to be fixed.

EDIT: gas beat me to it. :D

Good to see many people from India also playing on line. Guess,now I will get to play complete matches. Did not get to play today as I was not keeping well. But playing on line is a bit addictive. Love it. :)

The actual fielding positions are not odd, the problem is short cover and short mid-wicket are too effective meaning you can't play any shots in the regions where those fielders are. That needs to be fixed.

EDIT: gas beat me to it. :D

I'm afraid next time we play Stevie you will beat me, and it intimidates me a little.

gas, host a 5 over match m8. gotta check my connection stability. If it ends well then we'll play longer game.:D

cricketking10 has redeemed himself!, well played....you smashed me.
fair play. see u soon!
online has potential to be awesome. just needs ironing out.

padidaddy, whats your connection speed?? When we were playing it was lagging big time. When you bowl, the ball just stops midair for a second and then teleports to a feet forward. :eek::eek:

Hey pixel, am about to watch the england game dude, my cricket days are over for today.

JUST 5 OVER . plzzzzzzzzzz:crying:crying:crying

Users who are viewing this thread