PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
Any reason this can't be expanded to the batsman as well - along with the ability to set the line and length of the bowler? It'd be nice to be able to use the match practice as essentially nets on a big ground - so you can know how far your shots are going.

A bit hard to nail down a particular shot when the bowler keeps changing line and length and the field changes every other ball.

^this 100x, right now match practice doesnt serve its purpose as we are already limited by true blue team bowlers, plus inability to make field changes for batsman makes it sort of not helpful.

Adding to what Matt mentioned above, ideally the "Practice Match" should allow users to select the following :-

1. Bowler. Not just the type of bowler (right handed, fast etc.) but an actual bowler from a team or academy as bowling differs based on bowlers' skills and attributes. So for example if I want to practice against tall genuine pacers such as Garner or Mohd Irfan I can't really do so.

2. Batsman. Again, not a generic batsman but an actual batsman from a team or academy, including career player, where we can practice with the batsman with specific attributes and skill set.

3. Size of the ground/ropes. Occasionally you want to practice big shots and see whether you can clear longish boundaries.

4. Field setting. You should be able to select default or user created fields so you can figure out how to find gaps in a particular field which you struggle against.

5. Bowler's line, length and speed. Thus you can focus on a particular type of delivery. For example if I want to overcome my weakness shortish, slowish deliveries against a Medium bowler, I can select an existing Medium bowler from a team/academy (with low arm speed), and set line as middle stump or on stumps (other options could be leg, outside leg, off, outside of off and wide of off stump) and length as very short (others could be short, good length, fuller length, yorker and random). Then the last thing you can set is speed of the deliveries (slow, normal, fast or random).

Using the above mentioned options you should be able to practice against any scenario you face either in career mode or in multi-player mode against other players online or offline. I would love to practice against slow, short stuff against medium bowlers and spinners but unfortunately I can't do so the way match practice is set up currently.[DOUBLEPOST=1434831202][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can we fix the fielders plucking the ball out of the air when you are throwing back...have missed my first AI run outs due to this!!

Ha ha ha. This happens to me all the time online. Throw from Deep extra cover is almost always intercepted by extra cover or mid off fielder resulting in a missed run out and an extra run conceded.

Is this right ? Powerplay till 16th over [AI]

*In Career mode on Legend difficulty.

2015-06-19_00001.jpg

Can we fix the fielders plucking the ball out of the air when you are throwing back...have missed my first AI run outs due to this!!

Yes , one of the annoying parts of the game . Seems like they have this "Area of influence" setting around them that from wherever you throw at , if it passes in the Area , they will pluck it from the air , WITHOUT any user input. Just fine tuning needed here I guess

Hey guys,

I downloaded the Public Beta and wow, what a difference in Gameplay.
Even Konami does not give us patches with gameplay improvements for PES.

Observed the following in PRO mode.
  • I loved the aggressive running between the wickets of the AI.
  • Played the sweep shot on the ground (RT + LB)
  • Could play sweep shot on the air (LT + LB)
  • Before a fast bowler is ready, when LT is pressed, we looking around the field. That works
  • How do i bowl - slow and fast balls now? Now that LB key is reassigned to 'Go around the wicket'
  • Did not try the advanced grounded shots.
Played a great T20 game between Pune Warriors vs Netherlands and i'm a noob in batting. I (Pune) got bowled out for 98.
The AI timed its chase well. But then once my 2 classy leg spinners - Ajanta Mendis and Rahul Sharma came on, they just could not keep the score board ticking.
And again at the end the AI needed 18 of 18. But it hardly hit a single Air shot. It just tried hitting ground shots straight to my fielders.
Ultimately they got out for 91 and i could catch my breath :D. Phew!

So i wonder why the AI does not get aggressive when 18 was needed of 18. Couple of risks, if worked, would have taken the pressure off for it.
Maybe because am playing on Pro mode?

Then played second game - Scotland vs Pune Warriors. And this time i hit 160 and there was no plan used by AI to chase down the target. They consistently lost wickets and folded for 110.

I stand corrected. The third game was Yorkshire vs Pune Warriors and i set a target of 170. This time the AI paced its chase brilliantly getting around 5 runs per over. My 2 leg spinners were hopeless in the grassy English pitch. The AI was just milking my bowling. At the end they needed 20 of 12 balls. The 19th over they just scored 4 (surprising. They had 6 wickets in hand and the AI just played ground shots.). The 20th over the AI needed 16 and managed only 6.

So 3 games, i set the target and 3 games the AI falls short.

Here are some questions about the AI (chasing)
  • Does the AI have a plan to maintain a set run rate while chasing? If they cannot maintain the said run rate for an over or 2, the AI should take some risks - like hit airshot in gaps.
  • Take some proactive risks to make life easier (when needing 18 runs of 18 balls - going for a big shot in the 17th ball would make life easier.). Does the AI do that?
  • Does the AI take into consideration, the team in Question regarding its chase strategy? For example - Australia are better chasers than Netherlands?
  • I bowl to a packed offside field with wide open spaces in the leg side. I bowl in and around the offstump. AI hardly tries to improvise and try to force shots on areas with wide open spaces.
Thanks for the support guys. These patches are brilliant!

Last edited:
Carry seems off. Bowled 87mph ball (jump & pitch in green) that hit keeper on 2nd bounce.

Several instances in fact of seamers bowling both in green, 80mph+ and barely reaching keeper.

Spinners short ball going through ankle height

A bit hard to nail down a particular shot when the bowler keeps changing line and length and the field changes every other ball.

This.

Even if its just in the nets. I know bowling machines can be set to give you almost the exact same ball every time. eg. I want to practice my back foot leg glances but I'd only get 1 of 5 or so in that area if I'm lucky.

Also, is there a way to guide a fast ball down to third man (or through the slips cordon)? This is normally done when blocking but with soft hands and opening the face of the bat (one of my fav shots when opening back in the day). The ball should still maintain the momentum generated by the bowler.

Version 1.15.7 is now available to everyone.

You can now opt out of the public beta if you wish (it will be compatible with the version everyone has though - so you don't HAVE to opt out).

Superb! lot of thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread