PC version 1.20.1 released

Would be good to get a bit of feedback on the things changed in the beta update,
  • Increased shot power on light defensive trigger shots.
  • Resolved online co-op save and resume flow issues.
  • Resolved camera issues when hitting ball behind batsman in close camera.
  • Increased minimum bowling speed for spinners.
  • Add more power to lofted sweep shots to allow for sixes when timed perfectly.
  • Removed collision from non-striker batsman.

Loft Shots trajectory is improved , As of now ball not going too much High in Air

Spin Bowlers feeling less of a cheat-option in online play.

when new update goes live ? so we can try this update online
You can use it online, just do a private match and invite a friend you know has the patch as well.

Spin Bowlers feeling less of a cheat-option in online play.
Good to hear - though I really want to hear from someone who knows they can bowl them consistently in the previous versions to verify that they can't use them anymore.

The other specifics would be the defensive trigger power - the goal is to give people a way of hitting the ball 15 or so metres to grab quick singles with a field that's back a bit. So some feedback on how that shot feels would be good as well - obviously from people who have controllers with analogue triggers.

The other specifics would be the defensive trigger power - the goal is to give people a way of hitting the ball 15 or so metres to grab quick singles with a field that's back a bit. So some feedback on how that shot feels would be good as well - obviously from people who have controllers with analogue triggers.

the beta looks promising. lofted sweep shot working fine. even though wasn't able to still clear the rope, it travels further in the air. But didnt observe a change in distance of the ball travel when using defensive trigger. blocked two overs of a fast bowler to the off side but it travels as far as the batting pitch, allowing the bowler to collect it on his follow through.

With the greatest respect to BA and all involved, all the tweaks involved in these beta releases have to do with batting... Is bowling too difficult to tweak? There is a general consensus that batting has improved greatly but that bowling is still a struggle....@MattW any thoughts?

Will the AI also utilise this function? I have noticed the odd block go for a single by the AI pre-patches.
Changes to controls only impact human batting/bowling, so for the AI it would be as before.

With the greatest respect to BA and all involved, all the tweaks involved in these beta releases have to do with batting... Is bowling too difficult to tweak? There is a general consensus that batting has improved greatly but that bowling is still a struggle....@MattW any thoughts?
I would suggest that's because these have been changes with the mechanics - as far as I'm aware most of the complaints on bowling are related to AI batting, and that bowling in multiplayer modes generally doesn't get complaints - again, at least that I've seen and in my own opinion.

I can't be specific about this because I just wasn't there - but I know that they have discussed at length the options they had for improvements to AI batting, the likelihood of getting edges and such. They are listening, even if that doesn't always translate into being fixed/improved in a given patch.

Changes to controls only impact human batting/bowling, so for the AI it would be as before.

I would suggest that's because these have been changes with the mechanics - as far as I'm aware most of the complaints on bowling are related to AI batting, and that bowling in multiplayer modes generally doesn't get complaints - again, at least that I've seen and in my own opinion.

I can't be specific about this because I just wasn't there - but I know that they have discussed at length the options they had for improvements to AI batting, the likelihood of getting edges and such. They are listening, even if that doesn't always translate into being fixed/improved in a given patch.
Thanks Matt, good to know.

Whilst getting thoroughly thrashed by @Biggs he had an LBW overturned that sadly wouldn't have made a jot of difference, but was actually physically impossible and a bug:

It was a left arm bowler swinging in to the right hander, review gave it: pitching in line, impact outside off, hitting umpires call.

Even allowing for it moving away after pitching, it couldn't be all 3 of those things so something is up

what about giving us control over weather? we think the conditions affect the edges but we're not even able to test it properly because (uniquely for a cricket game) we're not given the ability to control the conditions we want to play under: the weather system is broken - chance of rain means "99.94% of the time it's sunny" (going up to 100% on PS4 by all accounts). allowing us to choose overcast, rainy etc. isn't impacting the AI. it's a strange omission and an even stranger thing not to engage on.

similarly, the skills - there's a large element of "have your cake and eat it" from BA on that: on the one hand they list the customisation and community-created content from the academy as a feature, on the other hand they've never issued any meaningful guidance on how different skills & attributes should affect gameplay making it difficult for the community creators the game wants to rely on to make accurate teams that are also enjoyable/realistic to play with. there's a large discussion thread, and a specific match thread about how we think reduced skills might help - Big Ant haven't engaged with either. It remains a big gap.

Users who are viewing this thread