IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
Who caught that fastest balls in IPL 2014 list? 2 off Indians in the top 5, what a sight eh.

Fully loaded with expletives after he took that wicket of Faf (he was angry he didn't get that wicket earlier in that over due to dropped chances). These guys (Harbhajan, Kohli, Gambhir, etc) are so experts at shooting expletives that they can be given a medal for that (shooting expletives). Totally not worth being role models for the upcoming generation, these guys. From now on, the youngsters of tomorrow will find it cool if they mouth expletives like "M-Ch..", "B-Ch..", "Teri M-- Ki...." etc.:facepalm

That is so unfair .. first of all cant place Kohli and Gambhir in the same league as Bhajji. Bhajji has always been an idiot.

Also, Kohli has toned himself down a lot compared to 2-3 years back. And he has a lot more going for him than just swearing and can be a great role model. Gambhir will also be known for his grit and determination when he was in form, not for mouthing off

Shane Warne said a lot of sh*t on the field, but people will remember him and admire him as a spin wizard more than anything else

And if anything, cricket is richer and more attractive with such colorful characters who are do not hold back on emotions and passion when playing a sport they love :)

Narine v/s tailenders is always fun to watch

It is really painful to see Gauti struggling , in fact , suffering like this. One of the best players in his prime , I do not know what has affected him. To make it worse, he happens to be one of my fav players. :mad :( :noway

That is so unfair .. first of all cant place Kohli and Gambhir in the same league as Bhajji. Bhajji has always been an idiot.

Also, Kohli has toned himself down a lot compared to 2-3 years back. And he has a lot more going for him than just swearing and can be a great role model. Gambhir will also be known for his grit and determination when he was in form, not for mouthing off

Shane Warne said a lot of sh*t on the field, but people will remember him and admire him as a spin wizard more than anything else

And if anything, cricket is richer and more attractive with such colorful characters who are do not hold back on emotions and passion when playing a sport they love :)

You can play a sport with passion and emotions, but that doesn't mean you mouth off ugly expletives. Shane Warne has said things, but not ugly ones like this. Lets take Ganguly. The only ugly thing of Ganguly I remember is that Lord's balcony emotional act where he was shouting off to Flintoff saying "F-----g s--t". But these guys get down to much worser and uglier expletives. If they dont get a wicket for a long time and then get one, they immediately shoot off one of their now infamous expletives. Kohli has often done it when he reaches a milestone. Gambhir is the least aggressive one of the lot, but he has also done it quite a few times (most famous one being that scuttle with Afridi).

Cricket is richer and more attractive with aggressive characters, but there needs to be a line. To me, the BCCI should suspend/ban players for games when they mouth such ugly expletives in public view, so as to set an example.

Faq dat match !

----------

You can play a sport with passion and emotions, but that doesn't mean you mouth off ugly expletives. Shane Warne has said things, but not ugly ones like this. Lets take Ganguly. The only ugly thing of Ganguly I remember is that Lord's balcony emotional act where he was shouting off to Flintoff saying "F-----g s--t". But these guys get down to much worser and uglier expletives. If they dont get a wicket for a long time and then get one, they immediately shoot off one of their now infamous expletives. Kohli has often done it when he reaches a milestone. Gambhir is the least aggressive one of the lot, but he has also done it quite a few times (most famous one being that scuttle with Afridi).

Cricket is richer and more attractive with aggressive characters, but there needs to be a line. To me, the BCCI should suspend/ban players for games when they mouth such ugly expletives in public view, so as to set an example.

They are humans, not robots.

LOL wtf. An expletive is an expletive. Its not like what Kohli or Gambhir say is actually meant literally while words from other cricketers are said lightly. MC BC is no better or worse than saying fking shyt or d*ck or c*nt or p*ssy or whatever else cricketers have said throughout history of cricket.

Moreover, if you are judging a cricketer based on his language and not his skills, then you have your priorities all wrong !

great match well played punjab and young sandeep :cheers
KKR are basically batting 2 batsman short in GG and YP.
I can give gambhir one more chance, i hope he fights it out but YKP hasnt contributed ever since donning KKR jersey time to shut shop for him.

Ya, agree with you. I like to see Bisla playing. But the thing is that yusuf can bowl.
And next match is with Rajasthan royals on 29th.

Users who are viewing this thread