IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
A fast bowler is nothing without aggression

There is a difference between aggression and assault. Both players showed assault (attempted battery), both should be suspended for quite a few games. Starc should get a worse punishment because he was the instigator.

Great to see chennai bowlers earning some gifts :D

----------

I love KXIP vs CSK macthes .

----------

woah! Sixes raining !

Unbelievable display from Maxwell. I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment. But I wonder what might happen when Ind-Aus play a T20I. It will be admirable, but not sure if I would enjoy seeing Maxwell take apart our bowlers.

Hope CSK get Max again in his nervous 90's. By the way, how many chances did he get today?

----------

Take that! Maxwell and the 90's.:D

DO NOT BOWL ASHWIN AGAINST MAXWELL. I don't know how many times I have said this. Yes, CSK's best bowler is Ashwin but Maxwell plays him like a net bowler and picks his carrom ball easily. You need to try someone like Hilfenhaus against him who can put him on the back foot with couple of bouncers at decent pace and make him play a shot which he isn't comfortable playing. Bowling Jadeja, Ashwin and Smith against Maxwell isn't gonna get you a wicket unless he miss time one of the shots.

Hilfenhaus sucks at death bowling anyways, so why not try him against Maxwell?

This total is going to severely test the might of Smith - McCullum. No matter how much they hit, the required run rate is always going to be over 10+. Hope they can also step up their hitting a further notch. At this point, chasing this seems highly unlikely even for CSK's big hitting order.

well, match is going really superb. like to see chennai batting and chasing this much runs.

Mohit sharma... Emerging player!
Pathethic condition for Dhoni. Given chance to everyone and the result is same ;).

----------

BTW, mohit got the purple cap and what an expression of him at the time of interview after last over. :D

Last edited:
I wonder why KXIP retained Vohra if they are not going to play him. Somewhat shocking fielding from CSK , considering their high standards.

Hope CSK get Max again in his nervous 90's. By the way, how many chances did he get today?

----------

Take that! Maxwell and the 90's.:D
Not sure if Maxwell getting out in 90's in every match should cheer CSK fans but they didn't get much to cheer today anways, did they? ;)

Last 10 overs - 162/2. Nuff said.

Smith getting out that early was a deadly blow. He is one guy who could have torn into Punjab's bowling attack and kept us in. Baz is a big hitter, but is not as brutal and consistent as Smith at big hitting. Wish he proves me wrong!

IMHO,Smith has never been a good batsman against quality pace or swing bowling. The success he has had till now is because of the poor bowling quality rather than Smith's batting quality. I am not hating on Smith , I am a Windies supporter and I have watched him since 2005. Today he was exposed against swing bowling. Only SRH bowled well against him and they were very unlucky to have not got him out early. Also I wonder why very few teams start with spin against CSK , both McBren and Dwayne like the ball coming on to the bat.

IMHO,Smith has never been a good batsman against quality pace or swing bowling. The success he has had till now is because of the poor bowling quality rather than Smith's batting quality. I am not hating on Smith , I am a Windies supporter and I have watched him since 2005. Today he was exposed against swing bowling. Only SRH bowled well against him and they were very unlucky to have not got him out early. Also I wonder why very few teams start with spin against CSK , both McBren and Dwayne like the ball coming on to the bat.

I agree. I read a comment on cricinfo that really fits Smith well - he is a flat-track-indian-domestic-bowler-bully. In even slightly challenging conditions or against challenging bowlers his chances of failures just double

----------

Ummm. why has Jadeja been promoted ?? If anyone should have been promoted it should have been MSD. These moves have become the defining trait of MSD off late. Moves that make absolutely no sense :P

Users who are viewing this thread