IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
Shocking to see Dhoni's tactics. Even though this is just IPL, this is worse than Yuvraj's show in that World T20 final. Surrendering so meekly and so quickly is just plain criminal. They could have well given a walkover. Did NRR play a part in their tactics? Well Punjab are still getting a huge win here. In an ideal scenario, this kind of performance should merit a sack, but who has the guts to sack Dhoni? He has the most power in Indian cricket right now.

I mean when the target is a humongous 232, how can you push yourself down the order and wait for the "blast at the end"? NONSENSE!!!

Shocking to see Dhoni's tactics. Even though this is just IPL, this is worse than Yuvraj's show in that World T20 final. Surrendering so meekly and so quickly is just plain criminal.
Well that was a message to his bowlers, that every now and then, a match cannot be won just by the performance of batsmen. Also, batting was not as easy as Maxwell was playing. He should also thank some poor bowling

It was not a final or something.. So no need to feel sorry as a CSK fan.

Personally, I think that if CSK does not improve it's bowling, it may lose another final at the hands of Kings X1 Punjab.

----------

Thats why i criticise MSD.It doesn't matter you win or lose but must fight.Don't give up so early.
He is not the same aggressive Dhoni as he used to be in the earlier part of his career. His batting has become more sensible and mature.

He is the boss of the team and he knows exactly what he is doing. Remember under him CSK has won 2 titles and almost won 3 other editions.
So think before you criticize him.

Who is the best IPL side this season, again? The only two matches which CSK has lost came against KXI. The Maxwell and Miller have been turning every match on their head, especially Maxwell has been becoming unstoppable with all those unorthodox shots he got. No cheat code for that. Good to see Bailey in action too.

Dhoni saying that Jadeja was the last throw of the dice, is laughable. I am not sure he is trying to underestimate himself here. Dhoni should have been that last throw of the dice, considering his reputation as a hitter.

Well, this is ain't a dice throwing game. He sure have learned something from this match.

Last edited:
How did Pollard and Starc escape with just fines? Especially Pollard should have been slapped with a two match international ban, with fees slapped on him. Pollard did try to fling the bat at Starc. What if it went through and hit Starc? What if it went towards the umpire or non-striker or whoever? I am not going to believe Pollard faked the fling of his bat and he purposefully threw it next to himself.

Starc also should get punished because he was the guy who provoked Pollard.

So glad to see Bhuvi doing well and bowling well at the death. He deserves this purple cap more then anyone else because he has actually taken top order wickets most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread