Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

Everyone including myself was so confident that Phil Hughes would pull through and overcome this freak injury. I couldn't believe it when I read a news article conforming Phil Hughes had past away. I am still shattered by this terribly sad news. It was great how everyone in the cricket community rallied around Phil Hughes and his family, that is one positive to come out of this tragedy.

RIP Phillip Hughes. You were one of the most naturally talented batsman I have ever seen and you will never be forgotten.

Absolutely gutted, it's just so unbelievable to me, yet I think about it and I can definitely count a number of times I've watched at batsmen mistiming a pull shot completely and thinking how vulnerable the whole back part of the upper neck looks, but a centimeter to the right or left and almost nothing happens and a life goes on, tweaking bizarre.

Last edited:
It is really shocking. It is a big loss not only to Australia, cricket but life itself. I only watched him through a TV screen but still I know him to be a great player, fighter and a good man. How he always worked hard, doing what he loved despite many disappointing drops from national side but he would always go back and get things going, forcing his way back. All the while he would keep going home to spend time with family whenever he had some. And then there was always a beautiful innocent smile on his lips that constitutes most of his pictures. His final innings was no less a reflection of his character. I couldn't watch live but was checking scores on the internet. He reached his 50 and I was so sure and glad that he would play the first test. The next time I check........ It is gut wrenching to see a man doing so well , truly doing something with the gift of life we all have. Very few people do half as much with 100 years as he did in less than 26. Surely didn't deserve to die but what can we do. Condolences, prayers and love to his family, friends and teammates. Let everyone celebrate his life and achievements.
Rest In Peace PHILIP HUGHES

RIP Phil Hughes. Terrible news for all the cricket fans, thinking about Sean Abbott as well.

Absolutely gutted. Seeing him play agaisnt SA in his debut series was something to behold he had come in to the series with a lot of hype, a terrific first class average of 60 odd. Always had faith that he would play many games on the international circuit, an immense talent lost.

RIP Phil Hughes.

Our prayers are with his family and the entire Australian nation.

This is just so shocking, the fact that this is such a rare case, to get hit on a part of the human anatomy where the vertebral artery can get compressed, makes it even worse.

All thoughts and prayers are with the family.

heart sunk as I processed the relevance of the dates in the headline. devastating and awful, especially for his family but also fans too. casts a shadow on the game as well, it will be hard to watch cricket without that idea in the back of your head that this game contains the potential to kill someone.

Sunil Gavaskar: Phillip Hughes death sad event, nobody wants to see blood on pitch

Last edited:
512501-c0efd002-7616-11e4-95cb-53e820554b16.jpg

Phil Hughes parents....​

Users who are viewing this thread