Picking Overseas Players

yatest116

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which?

When you're picking overseas players, do you pick players that aren't going to play for their country, so you can have them for the whole season, or do just pick the best ones?

Thanks.

I would always pick someone who is available (or who I think is going to be available), no good having the best bowler in the world if he only plays a handful of matches for you. Yes I always pick bowlers too.

Why not have a batter and bowler, or batter allrounder? Rather than two bowlers.

Bowlers win you matches, I might sign an allrounder but always one who is more a bowler than a batter.

I agree with Kev, I think it's always important to have an overseas bowler. I've got 2 match winning spinners so I pick a batsman overseas player. Normally because I can have about 3 or 4 batsman with England.

Ojha and Chawla... perfect when starting out

yea i agree two spinners Ojha is usual and then another just go first class average last year

there are heaps under 20 average

I like to pick players who are good, but won't play for their country. I usually pick what I need.

I try to pick people who i don't think will play for there country but sometimes they still get picked. I had a guy(cant remember the name) and he had 30 first class wickets after 3 games but then he got picked for his country and didn't play again.

When selecting overseas players for your county team do you go for bowlers or batters.
Batsmen...do you base them on average, name, aggressiveness?

Bowlers?...Type of delivery, average, name?

I once picked to spinner with good averages and every game only one if not none would do any good.
I recommend if getting bowlers to only get i spinner.

I didn't like Joginder Sharma, actually, didn't do a whole lot with the bat and since he was a pace bowler he didn't bowl a whole lot for me. Spinners dominate my overs - but when you have the likes of Munday and Sunny, usually the pace bowlers only get their opening spell and then they are done.

Why do you pick S.Afridi and J.Sharma?

Afridi can bat but bowls decent spin?
Sharma?

I am playing as Yorkshire.S.Afridi and M.Wood are very good openers for me.J.Sharma bowls very good for me and he bats good in county and average in OD.S.Afridi is a good bowler too and these two dont go much on international duty.

Users who are viewing this thread